Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2015, 12:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362979 Posts in 14734 Topics by 2285 Members
Latest Member: Moseng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Book Thread Continued
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] Print
Author Topic: Book Thread Continued  (Read 397579 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1635 on: July 25, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »

I've kinda lost my passion for reading and I dunno where it went. I used to always have a book in hand and now I just can't work up the enthusiasm or to reel in my attention span. Anyone else ever felt this way?

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

I get that way with gaming or with specific authors, definitely.  There are so many books on my list of stuff to read that I haven't yet gotten that way about books in general.  I'm always happy to throw book recommendations, so hit me up if you want some that might help you get back in the groove. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1637 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »

Thanks, Tooks. =3

Hmm, well, while epic fantasy is my more read genre, I think it's that which has burned me out.

How about a good mystery book, with good characters and maybe some supernatural elements? (That isn't Dresden Files?)

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 25, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

There are two series that I enjoyed by the same author, The Grimnoir Chronicles and Monster Hunter International.  In the Grimnoir books, the main character is a private detective, and although some people have superpowers, it's also got a ghosty-type element.  Monster Hunter is actiony, about people fighting werewolves and vampires, but not the Twilight kind.

There's also a series people just call the Pendergast books, by Preston & Child.  The first couple are comparatively weak, but they're not bad.  I'm told that it gets awesome starting with book 3.  I've only gotten as far as 3 so far, but I did think it was pretty good.

You can find out more about all of those pretty easily, so if any of them sound interesting, hit up the Google. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1639 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »

I finished up Steelheart on the subway this morning. It was a good, fun, light read. A tad predictable through most of the book, but it did have some nice twists at the end that made up for the predictability. Not great or mind-blowing like the other Brandon Sanderson books I've read, but still a fun read.

Next up I'm going back to my Sagas of Icelanders book to read Gisli Sursson's Saga, and after that I'll read Wheel of Time 9.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: