Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2015, 06:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349337 Posts in 14248 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Book Thread Continued
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] Print
Author Topic: Book Thread Continued  (Read 350858 times)
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1590 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »

I just finished Alloy of Law.  Enjoyable read, but not as "omg awesome!" as the prior Mistborn trilogy.  It felt more like YA fiction, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The epilogue absolutely made it for me, though.  It really thickened the plot nicely and I'm invested to see what happens next.  I'm particularly interested to see how
Code:
Steris develops.  At first I didn't like her because she was a cold, hard, controlling bitch but I feel like she'll grow and develop a lot throughout the series.  She's a character who you'll hate at first, but over time will grow on you.  Marasi's already cool and I want to see her ditch the frilly ballgowns for something more suited to her practical and purposeful mind.  And Wayne's a trip.

glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1591 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:39 PM »

Terry Pratchett died this morning.  So now since Brian Jacques is dead too, both of the book series I loved as a kid (Redwall and Discworld) are gone forever. 

I'm appropriately bummed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:09:35 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 12, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »

Me too.  Think I'll need to pick up my copy of Good Omens to read again. :(

He had been sick for a long time, though, and was understandably freaked out about the ongoing effects of Alzheimers.  That makes me feel a little better about him not having to suffer through that any more.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »

I just started The Way of Kings, by Sanderson, and it is good.  My mom started it last weekend and is way ahead of me.  She's digging it and now I need to read further so we can have conversations about it.  . 

Yeah, fantasy novels is how I bond with my mom.  She loves and often re-reads the Lord of the Rings books and thanks to the good folks at RPGFan, I introduced her to Song of Ice and Fire (before it became a show), Mistborn, and now Stormlight Archive. I think she read the first Malazan book too since "all my fantasy friends" dug it (I still haven't read it), but though she loved the writing and wants a Dragon Deck like Tattersail's, she got quite lost with all the world hopping. 

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: