Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2015, 05:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
344051 Posts in 14043 Topics by 2230 Members
Latest Member: BeoXXVI
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Book Thread Continued
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Print
Author Topic: Book Thread Continued  (Read 324080 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: January 20, 2015, 01:33:25 PM »

2015 is the year I re-read the entire Wheel of Time series.  Since it's finally ended, I feel like I need to revisit the whole thing to cap off that 20-year journey.

I'm currently twenty pages into "The Eye of the World".  This project is gonna extend into 2016 at this pace.

Haha! Yeah, good luck. Though I need a lot of luck too since I'm only to book five and I wanted to try and finish reading the series this year.

Anyway, I just finished reading The Mabinogion. It was kind of difficult because I've never read any Welsh myth/folklore before. Usually when I read something along these lines I'm at least somewhat familiar with it from other sources. I found the stories interesting, but not as compelling as similar stories from other cultures, though it is possible that is because of the translation. I did really love the story "Geraint Son of Erbin" though. That was the highlight, and seemed the most sophisticated of all the stories. "How Culhwch Won Olwen" was also pretty good, and reminded me of other classical, mythological tales. The rest, while still interesting, didn't quite compare to these two. Also, there is a point when the explanatory notes become more burdensome than they should be, and the edition I read was guilty of such burdens.

Next up is The Prose Edda.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: