Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335260 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Transformers Trailer.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Transformers Trailer.  (Read 1536 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »

Here.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »

Looks good. Can't say I'm huge on Transformers at this stage of my life, but Michael Bay has done some awesome movies (The Rock, Armageddon, The Island), so I'm looking forward to this.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:05 AM »

Yeah, I saw the trailer through AICN a few days ago. I have very low expectations for this movie, and the trailer just solidifies them.
Michael Bay is good for blowing stuff up, and thats about it.
I DO appreciate the dark tone, though. It seems he is taking the property seriously.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:08:23 AM »

Yeah, the darker tone is very much in keeping with a lot of Mr. Transformers himself, Simon Furman's work. I'm still wary that Michael Bay may not have been the perfect choice as director, but I can see a lot of Spielberg's influence in this trailer, too. The whole 'feel' of it is very reminiscent of the early War of the Worlds promotional material...

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 05:24:44 PM »

Honestly the dark and serious tone seems a bit much to me for a movie about cars that turn into robots and blow stuff up. It should be more serious than the cartoon, but if it's overdone and tries to be more then it is I'm going to be insulted rather than entertained.

It IS just a teaser trailer though, and trailers love to exagerate so we'll have to see.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »

I'm gonna have to agree with Raze here, it looks like its taking itself too serisously, I'm gonna brace for disappointment.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:17:44 PM »

Oh my God a Transformer movie huh...Holy shit...oh holy shit this is going to great.I am downloading the trailer right now.^_^They were like my  childhod heros. I use to have there action figures....I like them way better the superman..^_^ So liek this movie  is going to release on 7/4/7 right ?I cant wait lol..

god is god
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »

Logick and Raze:Have you read any of the new comic series? Particularly Infiltration and Escalation? The trailer's really in keeping with the tone of these two. As I said, I'm a bit worried about Michael Bay directing, but having re-watched The Island this Christmas, I think he should get the right level of action in there!

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »

The Japanese trailer had an intro by Bay and Spielberg.

This movie will either completely kick all forms of ass, or it will suck every dick in the known universe. There is no in between.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: