Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »

https://youtu.be/uG8V9dRqSsw

Long wait, looks pretty, do want.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:16:30 AM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda (Holiday 2016)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »
Makes you wonder if this or FFXV will come out first.

and maybe this will finally convince me to get a PS4.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
Absolutely want.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
Turns out a leaked bioware survey was once again accurate. I'm ready for this. I hope we still get the dialogue interrupt system from Mass Effect 2. That was so fun.

Carter83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 04:00:30 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this. And also curious how many worlds will be there to explore. It's a whole new galaxy, after all...

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »
That was an excellent trailer, great wild west feel and I hope that comes through in the game with some stellar exploration

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 05:23:15 PM »
Turbo necroing because I just found out this is going to be open world and it killed any interest I'd had in picking it up.  Sucks to BioWare for taking one of the most fascinating IP's ever and attempting to turn it into every other WRPG ever. Outside of there being a literal countdown clock (or a move counter or something similar) an open world will ruin everything I loved about the tone of the original trilogy.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/mass_effect_andromeda/b/playstation4/archive/2016/06/13/mass-effect-andromeda-will-feature-a-huge-open-world.aspx

eightbitsamurai

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 05:28:41 PM »
I can't open this at work, but...doesn't that beat the purpose of the game taking place in Space?

Or I guess it's looking like it's gonna be a lot like the last Dragon Age. Which I hated. Been more and more disappointed with every subsequent Bioware release tbh.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 06:31:24 PM »
Inquisition, while theres things I love about it, had a piss poor open world. It had all the cliche problems of open world games, vast stretches of nothingness dotted by boring fetch quests. There were fun and great quests in the game but they were space out too much. Inquisition would have been a much better game if it had dropped trying to be open world and just stick to DA: O model of having smaller areas you can explore, loaded with quests. It worked so well for DA: O and Mass Effect before they tried to be like Skyrim.

I'll wait to see how the game is once its released before deciding whether to buy it or not.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:43:54 PM by bigdeath »

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:38:48 PM »
I loved Bioware games growing up, starting with BG and NWN, and honestly Mass Effect 1 is one of my favorite games ever I think.

However, I wasn't too big a fan of the sequels, I know a lot of people had problems with the ending, but for me it kind of started and ended with the first entry, which I enjoyed way more than the others.

I still played a little bit of SWTOR and stuff now and again though, and sort of keep up with their deal, but honestly I'm not too excited about Andromeda, given the delays and all that.

You never know though! I hold up hopes that it will indeed by an exciting and fun entry, but like others in the thread I think they are pandering to the "open world" trend way too hard starting with Inquisition, so I'm kinda like eh...
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Alisha

• View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »
Ah, mass effect's fun dialogue is back. I've noticed a lot of the fun I have in mass effect games is just how much a cocky ass you can be. The paragon/renegade system is gone but apparently you can still be a cocky ass. Thank god for the small things in life...and games. lol

It seems Mass Effect A is following in DA:I footsteps so lets hope Bioware learned from its mistakes in its first attempt at an open world game and ME: A turns out better.

Its kind of funny but this game sort of looks like what people wished No Man Sky would be like. lol Explore strange worlds, craft everything you need. etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:57:42 PM by bigdeath »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 01:50:06 AM »
Ah, mass effect's fun dialogue is back. I've noticed a lot of the fun I have in mass effect games is just how much a cocky ass you can be. The paragon/renegade system is gone but apparently you can still be a cocky ass. Thank god for the small things in life...and games. lol

It seems Mass Effect A is following in DA:I footsteps so lets hope Bioware learned from its mistakes in its first attempt at an open world game and ME: A turns out better.

Its kind of funny but this game sort of looks like what people wished No Man Sky would be like. lol Explore strange worlds, craft everything you need. etc.

Damn, you're kinda right there. Still, as much as I love Mass Effect, I think I've learned by now that I should ignore the hype. They've already proven that its retaining the 3 best aspects of the previous series - well-written and acted dialogue, alongside some good sci-fi action combat, and movie-grade cutscenes.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 06:04:57 PM »
Mega Garbagio, worse than FF15 somehow.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »
Mega Garbagio, worse than FF15 somehow.
Ok, no more alcohol for you tonight...

TASTY!