Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
Well speaking of hilarity I tried the new Andromeda trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

It might just win comedy of the year, seriously feels like a malcontent 4th grader's angry fan-ficy spew or something.

It just goes to show the state of AAA gaming, the supposed biggest hits come across as such blergh.

I thought Dragon Age Inquisition was all right but I might very well just pass on this altogether.

How could Bioware go from the relative majesty of Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights to this garbage? Yuck.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:07:34 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »
Ok Artim, your reaction got me to finally watch the first piece of media about the game I've laid on eyes on.

In truth, I didn't think it was that bad but I thank you. The trailer alone confirmed I will be selecting the female MC because there is something inherently cheeeeezzzy about the way the obvious male lead comes across in that by way of his voice acting to me.

Considering I'm just nickel and diming Baldurs Gate 1 now, I think it will be quite interesting for me playing this and that somewhat side by side.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »
It really didn't seem any less cliche than the trailers for Mass Effect 2 or 3.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »
It really didn't seem any less cliche than the trailers for Mass Effect 2 or 3.
Agreed, I see no difference honestly.

This game has such a Phantasy Star Online feel to me, it's painful almost. I seriously hope it follows in the gameplay mechanics somewhat, and allows you to jump in and out of games with friends to explore and do stuff. I would get so locked up in this game, I'd probably put on 50 pounds from being on it nonstop. Easily my most looked forward to game of the year so far, Nier being a close second.

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »
Yeah, that trailer got me pumped. Like, I think I'd rather get it over Persona 5...I mean, of course I would. I'm actually caught up with Mass Effect, so I can play it right away. I haven't beaten a single Persona game yet, and I'm starting to question if I even like some of them. But I've also seen the gameplay of Mass Effect: Andromeda, I've seen how its evolved from game to game. I think I can trust that I'll have a good time with it. So maybe that'll be the next retail game I buy.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2017, 05:39:00 AM »
I just watched it... not sure what everyone's complaining about. Voiceover seems pretty typical, in fact, a little less bravado than I usually expect from action sci-fi, game or movie. I'm pretty sure ME 1-3 had far more cheesy lines. Game still looks like gold to me.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2017, 05:08:45 PM »
I just watched it... not sure what everyone's complaining about. Voiceover seems pretty typical, in fact, a little less bravado than I usually expect from action sci-fi, game or movie. I'm pretty sure ME 1-3 had far more cheesy lines. Game still looks like gold to me.
Damn right, BOOIIIIII!

TASTY!

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 12:33:51 PM »
EA access impression are not good. This game is looking like a flaming sack of paid  beta testing crap.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »
bit the bullet and preordered it, now I gotta platinum nier automata since it's coming out the 21st. Anyone want to play multiplayer when Andromeda comes out?
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »
EA access impression are not good. This game is looking like a flaming sack of paid  beta testing crap.

So long as it's playable by the 27th, I'll be fine. Actually...I think Amazon said it was coming a little later than that, now that I think about it...which still gives EA/Bioware time to get their stuff together.

...Unless you mean EA online access is required to play it, in which case, I pre-ordered a 60-dollar coaster...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:01 PM »
Shit, I got mine digitally, I'll just have a 60 dollar waste of hdd space.

I'm still hoping it's just assclowns complaining for site hits, but it sounds like the same problems across the board. Bad/glitchy animations, wack graphics, not as good as the old versions...but a distinct lack of opinions on gameplay and story. I've given up on reviews, I'll play it and see for myself.

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »
The animation thing is an odd complaint and certainly a good case that it might've been rushed, at least, but unless they were bullshitting us in the trailers, I kind of doubt it's experience-ruining. Granted, I stopped paying attention when I realized they weren't talking about the things that actually mattered, like how it plays. Or if they like the writing at all. Or if it forces you to sell your soul to EA despite the fact that you have no interest in sharing your bunk-space in Hell with a snotty 12-year-old.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 05:51:13 AM »
Shit, I got mine digitally, I'll just have a 60 dollar waste of hdd space.

I'm still hoping it's just assclowns complaining for site hits, but it sounds like the same problems across the board. Bad/glitchy animations, wack graphics, not as good as the old versions...but a distinct lack of opinions on gameplay and story. I've given up on reviews, I'll play it and see for myself.

I am TOTALLY in the same boat and wanna cry over it honestly. Part of me wants to just chalk it up as a loss and hold out to start Persona 5. The other part of me knows I have liked enough games others have generally regarded as "terrible" to just dive in head first before the internet has a chance of slaughtering my hope of entering into this with what little optimism I have left.

I'm going with "dive in head first" and formulate my own opinion.

In truth though I feel like this game was destined for bad press. Too many people had idealistic expectations of they wanted Mass Effect to be based what they loved/hated about the original trilogy. That said, I tend to wonder how much all the bad press isn't being cherry picked to just make a case against an otherwise decent game.

This is gonna be an interesting release.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 06:54:58 AM »
If facial animations is the dealbreaker here I have to wonder how anyone has ever finished a bioware game then.

Most of my friends who've played the early access have said it's basically just more Mass Effect. If you liked the og trilogy you'll probably like this one.
"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
Honestly, I think Horizon: Zero Dawn and a couple other recent releases have already spoiled them. A lot of faces in games tend to look like automotons pretending to be human. I just kind of got used to that, since I really am looking at a digital person pretending to be human.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes