Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Apophis

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:34 AM »
Definitely a Pass for me, I might pick it up in the bargain bin, but I am still not sure I would want to play it honestly.

http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Zoryu_of_Setsuna#games
http://backloggery.com/Zoryu
https://mattsgaming88.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/147/
Metal Head | Vocal Trance Addict | INFJ | Space, Science, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime | Star Trek | |PC & PS4 | Retro Gaming|

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »
Definitely a Pass for me, I might pick it up in the bargain bin, but I am still not sure I would want to play it honestly.

Out of a solid 60 hours I thoroughly enjoyed 55 of em. All I am/was saying is the game completely collapses on itself in some respects making certain points/aspects altogether inexcusable.

My bottom line is, I wouldn't be discouraged by the amount of bad press because the good times were REALLY GOOD. As is, if you are a fan of the series there is plenty you will be thrilled to experience here. The problems and "suck" are isolated instances or components of the title that don't detract from what the title gets right.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Apophis

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2017, 09:00:32 PM »

Out of a solid 60 hours I thoroughly enjoyed 55 of em. All I am/was saying is the game completely collapses on itself in some respects making certain points/aspects altogether inexcusable.

My bottom line is, I wouldn't be discouraged by the amount of bad press because the good times were REALLY GOOD. As is, if you are a fan of the series there is plenty you will be thrilled to experience here. The problems and "suck" are isolated instances or components of the title that don't detract from what the title gets right.

I don't pay attention to what the press has to say about a game, I look into the issues myself and make my own judgement from what I see. If I like the content of a game I'll look into it, Screenshots on Gaming Sites and Gameplay videos on YouTube/Gaming Sites. I rarely read opinion pieces on games. So far I haven't been disappointed in what I've researched in most games I have bought.

If I do decide to get Andromeda I will definitely wait for them to patch and fix issues that are present in the game, and for a price drop. The Multiplayer does look fun, so that would most likely be where I stay. 

But who knows, maybe that tune will change in the future.

http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Zoryu_of_Setsuna#games
http://backloggery.com/Zoryu
https://mattsgaming88.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/147/
Metal Head | Vocal Trance Addict | INFJ | Space, Science, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime | Star Trek | |PC & PS4 | Retro Gaming|

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2017, 01:52:01 AM »
The game's seen plenty of patches already. So...I guess feel free to wait for a price drop. It doesn't take that long with AAA games.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2017, 02:52:30 AM »
The game's seen plenty of patches already. So...I guess feel free to wait for a price drop. It doesn't take that long with AAA games.

Man, I didn't realize when the one patch dropped and auto-installed with the PS4 in rest mode. Turned on the game and thought I was losing my marbles when damn near every character model looked slightly different than I recalled from my prior nights playtime.

If I do decide to get Andromeda I will definitely wait for them to patch and fix issues that are present in the game,

For what it is worth, in the entirety of my playthrough I only had one instance where a particular enemy wouldn't spawn so I had to re-load data. Aside from that instance and 2 quests I couldn't finish (which were terribly minor) the game was fine post the 1.05 patch. I think it is 1.06 or better now.

So yea, to echo Mickey, wait on the imminent price drop. All things considered, with the franchise being nixed by EA now, the price will plummet.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »
...All things considered, with the franchise being nixed by EA now...

Wait, what?
*Looks it up*

...WAIT, WHAT?!

Gah...well, maybe that's why the new Battlefront game actually looks worthwhile, with all the BioWare guys now working on it...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Yeah series is supposedly dead.

I wonder is Dragon Age next?
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »
Well, original Bioware's working on Anthem now, hope for that game. Lol just got notified that my ME Andromeda loot crate was sent out today, totally forgot I purchased that. Something nice to remember this game by hopefully, I actually really enjoyed my time with it. Seriously though, give this game a shot when it hits 20-30, it will, games drop in price so fast these days.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2017, 07:05:06 PM »
I remember I got Dragon Age 2 for like 4 dollars because of how desperate they were to get rid of it/have people play it.

I never imagined I would nearly regret purchasing a 4 dollar thing... but there it was....
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.