• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII for PS4
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »
Just lost my shit. Holy fuck.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »
the words in the trailer are interesting trying to make sense of them.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

timmyFd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »
I guarantee no-one in the world can name any of those indie games they showed just after without looking it up.

the words in the trailer are interesting trying to make sense of them.

I assume it was supposed to be a kind abstract voice speaking for humanity and referring to Jenova's arrival in the past and then the reunion during the time of the game. They kinda worded it to give it a double entendre so it could mean the game characters coming back as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:00:09 PM by timmyFd »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
I guarantee no-one in the world can name any of those indie games they showed just after without looking it up.
Weren't they all called "time killed til ffvii remake release date:?

TASTY!

mecharobot

• Trombe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
Since when did "Jumping the shark" mean "Giving fans something they've been wanting for over a decade"?

I've been wanting a (new) FF successor that feels like a fantasy (not necessarily meaning airships and shit) and not a product. Don't know about other fans. I certainly could have lived without AC or CC.

Even with the my most positive attitude I can only say "we'll see"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:22:12 PM by mecharobot »

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »
At first by the look of it, the trailer made it seem like it was some sort of sequel.  Thankfully it wasn't.  I am excited even though FF7 isn't my favorite Final Fantasy but honestly it, out of all of the games in the series needed a remake the most. 

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII for PS4 (updates in the 1st post)
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
Best thing about this news is that Nomura is directing, probably the best choice at this point and only that could do a good job at this

With him as director, I'd say is fair to expect a lot of Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts going on in this remake.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:13:30 PM by Yggdrasil »

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »
At first by the look of it, the trailer made it seem like it was some sort of sequel.  Thankfully it wasn't.  I am excited even though FF7 isn't my favorite Final Fantasy but honestly it, out of all of the games in the series needed a remake the most. 

Agreed.

Thought it was a sequel first.  They kept talking about events in the past tense...so....

And I agree it needs a remake, especially a game as "important" as FF7 was to RPGs and games, I think it was only time.  I was pretty vocal in my Game Journal that the 3D sprites just made me mad at some points; but honestly I think an HD Midgar would be absolutely amazing to see.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 11:20:04 PM »
I thought that the narration in the trailer was referring to how people wanted a FFVII remake but didn't think it would happen, and it was just being cheeky about it.

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 11:21:12 PM »
I'd honestly prefer a modest "remake" to upgrade it to Shadow Hearts level graphics, because I'm a sucker for pre-rendered backgrounds, but it'll be neat to see if the battle system is completely changed.

Best thing about this news is that Nomura is directing, probably the best choice at this point and only that could do a good job at this

I hope it doesn't take attention away from KH3.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 11:24:54 PM »
I'll keep up with updates as they happen on the first post.

Official site is up
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

lavarock

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
Agreed, I hope also that this don't come out too long with how he's already busy with KH3, 2019 here we come

Another thought, with no news about FF16, would this constitutes as a main game entry or similar in scope?  Given how big and expensive this is going to cost, they can't be making another one at same time can they

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
So do people think the battle system will be even kinda-sorta ATB-like?  Or will they be going full ARPG.

I really hope they stick to something more turn-based but for a project this high profile I have a hard time believing that they will.

timmyFd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »
So do people think the battle system will be even kinda-sorta ATB-like?  Or will they be going full ARPG.

I really hope they stick to something more turn-based but for a project this high profile I have a hard time believing that they will.

I'm thinking they'll base it on the original but jazz it up with all kinds of actiony add-ons. Changing it to full on action FF15 style would fundamentally change the game, which really does need to be party based.

Maybe some small changes will be good. If everything's exactly the same, it won't feel new enough to those of us who've played the original to death.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:39:53 PM by timmyFd »

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:58 PM »
I assume it was supposed to be a kind abstract voice speaking for humanity and referring to Jenova's arrival in the past and then the reunion during the time of the game. They kinda worded it to give it a double entendre so it could mean the game characters coming back as well.

This. We're hearing the long-form history of FFVII's world, the era of the Cetra (Aerith's people), and then how everyone forgot Jenova ever landed ... until one day... DUN DUN DAAAA

And yes, that waiting period where everyone forgot about Jenova is similar to how everyone gave up hope that S-E would ever give the fans what they want in the form of a full-scale FF7 remake.

You nailed it timmy