Author Topic: TV shows axed too soon

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows axed too soon
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:41 AM »
Stargate Universe was tremendous.  Or at least it could have been had anyone actually watched it.

The problem with that show is having to try and get into all the other Stargate in the first place.  I tried.  It was really boring.  Gave up.  Part of me still really wants to get to the "tremendous" bits, but.... life is short, man.

Not necessarily. I had only watched the original movie prior to watching SGU. I was aware of SG-1 and Atlantis, and I watched some episodes of the former while Universe was on the air so that I knew who some of the guest characters were. I was able to follow Universe just fine, and never felt like I was missing something because I hadn't watched the other shows. And SGU ended up being one of my all time favorite sci-fi series.

And even if there were story ties to the previous series it still wouldn't be worth watching Atlantis for.

And looking over the thread, I didn't see any mention of Big O (which still counts since it was a joint production like nu Thundercats). Granted a third season would've only made that even weirder than what we actually got with its "Was it all a time loop? A dream? A stage production?" ending.

Why?  Why Aeolus?  Why did you rip open that old wound?

T_____________T
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows axed too soon
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2016, 03:27:36 AM »
Camelot on Starz.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.