Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas  (Read 2004 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 08:33:01 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
I just condense that down into "Happy Holidays" it's easier.

And that's why you're a God-hating fuckface.

<3 Daggy.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 09:43:38 PM »

Mommy said God took my doggie to heaven, so I hate him now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 10:02:14 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Quote from: "Cauton"
Merry Christmas. People who take offense at a damn holiday greeting should lighten up and stop taking themselves (and their religion) too seriously. It's not like it's meant as a personal insult for God's sake.

Not that it's an issue in Sweden anyway.

Alright. This is something that is bothering me about what everyone is saying. Sometimes it isn't about whether someone else is going to be offended. I agree that if someone gets offended they need a swift kick to the balls. For me it's a matter of respect, or disrespect of another persons religion. Saying Merry Christmas isn't a sign of disrespect towards a jewish person, but it isn't a sign of respect. Saying Happy Holidays is simply telling them "Look, I am not sure if you are christian, jewish, pagan, muslim, or a fucking scientologist motherfucker, I just hope that during this holiday season you have a good one, whichever holiday you have, and if you don't have one, well it's still a holiday season, so enjoy the time off from work or the time and a half if you have to work" I just condense that down into "Happy Holidays" it's easier.

Waaaait a second!

This topic involves religion.

HOW DARE YOU USE LOGIC

SMITE
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 10:21:52 PM »

My brash cynical mind game seems to have worked on some of you.

I am a dick.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 02:12:12 AM »

I too use both. It depends on whether I'll see them before New Years or not.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 08:54:01 AM »

I would also like to note that I say "merry Christmas" to everyone when it is Christmas day. If you get offended that I say it on the day that it is then you need to die in a fire.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »

I use Happy Holidays because to me it's convenient.  It's a catch all for Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year's, Posada, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, Festivus, and whatever else people decide to celebrate in December, regardless of what I think about it.    

I'm all about convenience, ease of use, stuff that makes my life easier/less complicated... I'm a lazy son of a submariner.  

But if someone says Merry Christmas or whatever else to me, I'm not going to bite their heads off or anything.  I'll just be happy that someone smiled and wished me well.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 03:53:33 PM »

I use "Feliz Navidad" lol , becuase i am from spain x,DDDDD, anyway i choose merry chritmas =p

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2006, 12:58:28 AM »

On Christmas? I say Merry Christmas.

Five days before Christmas, during Hannukwanzakahramadanablaejdsoifhnsdg potentially like 850 holidays? I just say "Enjoy the season" or something along those lines.

I mean, if I walk into a 7-11 on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and somebody doesn't like me saying Merry Christmas, I'll simply say "Fine. I hope every time the dates of December 24th and 25th come about, you have an absolutely horrible time." Then I'd walk away smiling in the most TV-Special kind of way.

Also, despite me being agnostic on the verge of atheist at this point, I still hold a deep respect for all people who have real intention on following the true teachings of their religion. So when my non-Christian friends want to be an asshole and say some snide remark like "Happy Jesus Day" or "Happy Christian Holiday" or whatever other thing they read off of Fark.com, I tell them to piss off.

I was raised in a Christian household and we celebrated Christmas, and so long as it's recognized by the Federal and State governments as being a holiday, you bet your ass I'm celebrating, even if it may not necessarily be for the same reasons as others. It's a time for people to show love to their friends and family, and to also see just how precious the ties that bind us are. And for Godless heathens like me, it's also a good time to drink a lot for no apparent reason.

:) Merry Christmas, folks.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 01:25:14 AM »

Quote from: "the2na"
Well because I live in Utah and most everyone here is Mormon or Christian, I usually say Merry Christmas, but at work yesterday I wished a lady Merry Christmas and she got all offended because she's a Jehovah Witness.

Same here for the most part, but if you're in Layton it's a little more understandable for you. I live in Happy Valley, so if I were to say Merry Christmas and offend someone I would probably drop dead.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: