Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330065 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 2  (Read 2191 times)
Yameretzu

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2006, 03:15:58 PM »

Has anyone played this game. I've only played it for two hours but already thinks it's a great game.
GHDpro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 03:53:54 PM »

I liked every NIS game I've played so far, and Disgaea 2 is no exception. While if you look objectively the game system is pretty simple and the story is pretty weak, it's nonetheless pretty addictive! I got it just last week and already put 26+ hours in it.

Like other NIS games the story of Disgaea isn't particularly strong, but it's heart-warming to see the relation between Adell and Rozalin develop. I can't wait to see what's next (I'm on episode 11). Unfortunately it'll have to wait, as I have the US version of it, and I only have a PAL PS2 at my parents house where I'm now at.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »

God in Heaven I'm turning off polls if this keeps going.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:14:30 PM »

Needs a hate option just so I can be a dick. Dislike doesn't cut it.

(I haven't played it, but I enjoyed Disgaea while not caring for the other NIS developed games)

Edit: And polls like this seem to be basically a once in a blue moon event. The only other is that Christmas one, and that's just messing around and not 'how much do you lub dis? ^-^;;'. :P
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

DR creates about ten new polls a week.  I'd say he's the badguy here.  :(

I have not played the game, but I will purchase it after I finish the first one.  Only been trying to do so for four years or whatever now.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 06:32:41 PM »

I've had the game for months and played, oh.... 2 hours or so. I fucking can't stand it. Which is odd, because I adore Disgaea. I blame it on the sub-par characters and voice acting in D2. Flonne, Laharl and Etna are the main reasons I enjoyed the first game so much. Adell and Rozalin are very poor substitutes.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »

I enjoyed the first game a lot, but for some reason I had no interest in this when it came out. I don't plan on buying it. I'd rather just buy the first game again.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
God in Heaven I'm turning off polls if this keeps going.

OH NO WE HAVE HAD TWO POLLS IN A SHORT SPAN OF TIME! THIS IS A NON-SEQUITUR!!!!! WE MUST FIX THIS.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 11:25:25 PM »

I enjoyed the first game a lot, but for some reason I had no interest in this when it came out.

It's the same for me. Disgaea 1 was AWESOME. And guess it was so satisfying that I just I got my fill of it. I tried a few NIS games after it, but they just couldn't duplicate the feeling I got playing disgaea.

Even if 2 matches the original I still don't really have a desire to play it. Which I myself find odd. If something is awesome I'd think that I'd want more of it. That's the case with other games as well things outside gaming. But not with disgaea. And I don't think I'm the only one either. Disgaea was pretty damn huge, not mainstream wise, but within the whole rpger circle it came out of nowhere and knocked everyone off their feet. The followup strategy games didn't.

I guess they just made the first one TOO good or something.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »

I've tried to force myself to like all these NIS games, but I just can't get into them for some inexplicable reason. And I thought I was a strat-RPG guy. I prefer Fire Emblem over this any day.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »

i got this game as a gift today. even a decent game that i didnt have to pay for is quality.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yameretzu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »

As I said I have only played it for two hours, I haven't been able to play it anymore because of a few reasons so I just wanted a few opinions before I play anymore.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 05:21:30 AM »

I'm a sucker for NIS products, but my favorites are definately the Disgaea games. I enjoyed the first one a lot more than the second, though, which is odd, since I've played for twice as long on Disgaea 2. I probably like them so much because of how zany they are, which is very, very refreshing compared to all of the RPGs out there with no humor injected in them whatsoever. Both games have great characters, and genuinely funny dialouge that really makes you "Lol." It doesn't hurt that the gameplay is awesome, either, though I really wouldn't call them "strategy" RPGs, since you generally don't need to think all that much to do well in them. :P
GHDpro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 06:30:41 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
It doesn't hurt that the gameplay is awesome, either, though I really wouldn't call them "strategy" RPGs, since you generally don't need to think all that much to do well in them. :P

Oh? Some geo-panel puzzles can be quite challenging, especially with stats like "Enemy Boost 50%" or "Clone" (and one map even had both).

It's been quite a while since I beat Disgaea 1, so I can't quite recall how much fun I had with it compared to Disgaea 2. And yes, there's plenty of flaws if you look objectively, but I still like it.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 06:26:25 AM »

so far im enjoying this game and i prefer adell and rozalin over etna and laharl,and i will enjoy throughly kicking laharls ass in the endgame areas. the only thing that pisses me off is after you meet the requirements for a new class you have to pass a bill at the dark assembly before you can use it. so far i like the beastmaster a lot and im typically not a fan of using monsters. if you want to see something hilarious use a cellphone in battle.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: