- Did you enjoy Season 1?

- What's your expectations for Season 2

- What's your favorite character?

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man On Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »
I got a few episodes in and just found it too frustrating to continue watching.  That's not a very damning complaint, though, because I feel that way about almost every sitcom.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
I really liked the first three episodes but episode 4 almost cringed me into an early grave. Does it pick up again after that or does the humour remain similar throughout?

Episode 4
Code: [Select]
Phil keeps trying to get into Melissa's pants

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:11 PM »
I really liked the first three episodes but episode 4 almost cringed me into an early grave. Does it pick up again after that or does the humour remain similar throughout?

Episode 4
Code: [Select]
Phil keeps trying to get into Melissa's pants

To be fair, January Jones is pretty as hell.  I like Kristen Schaal enough, but....

Anyways, I was meaning to keep watching this but always missed it.  I do like the idea and even if the "last man on earth" isn't the last man on earth, I do like he'd a big jerk. :P 
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:31 AM »
Honestlt, Will Forte has always been INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. I like Macgruber, as it's a pretty hilarious character, but aside from that, he either gets me to grin or bores me to sleep.

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
Honestlt, Will Forte has always been INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. I like Macgruber, as it's a pretty hilarious character, but aside from that, he either gets me to grin or bores me to sleep.

I really like his voice acting. I thought he was especially excellent in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of The Last Man on Earth. From what I have seen, it's not terrible...
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »

I really like his voice acting. I thought he was especially excellent in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of The Last Man on Earth. From what I have seen, it's not terrible...
He does have a good voice for cartoons. Haven't seen Cloudy 2 yet but I would believe you.

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:32 PM »
THe show has potential but season 2 was pretty weak. There were plenty of funny moments but too many episodes were about Phil trying to apologize or make nice for some tomfoolery

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
^ From what I understand, that is the emphasis the show's creator(s) were going for from the get-go: Can the end of the world make an asshole mend his ways?

It would seem they are focusing a bit too much on that... The show will get tired quick if that's all they are worried about.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes