Author Topic: Just release the real OST already!

dharkhades

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Just release the real OST already!
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
I've been thinking about and listening to some game rips recently and I thought I would pose a question to the boards. What are your most desired official soundtrack releases? I can think of MANY but here are my top 5:

Mother 2
Mother 3
Fate/Extra
Xenosaga II (Shinji Hosoe's contributions)
Terra Battle
NON RPG: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
Re: Just release the real OST already!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 01:31:55 AM »
Mother 1+2 OST exists. It may not be complete, but wasn't there some issue with intentional usage of Beatles melodies?

Xenosaga II Hosoe side, trust me, if it's ever possible to release it'll happen. Hosoe-san is no doubt proud of his works, and as he's been able to obtain rights to his own work that he'd written under contract to a publisher, he publishes them on SuperSweep records. I've talked to him about this specifically, more than once, and he wants to do it. Namco just needs to care enough to let him have it back and publish it.

There is no proper Ys IV OST release for the PC Engine (TG16) version. That ought to be remedied.

Langrisser IV never got a physical OST (but EGG music did release a pretty comprehensive digital in 2007, http://vgmdb.net/album/13817). Der Langrisser has a similar story w/ EGG.

Magical Starsign, a DS RPG I really liked, didn't get a soundtrack release.

OH! And the DS Glory of Heracles, with music by Yoshitaka Hirota. That release never happened and it probably never will. That bums me out.

dharkhades

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »
I knew about Ys IV in my search for everything Falcom Sound Team last year and I've heard so many people mention Glory of Heracles having fantastic music (I am a huge fan of Yoshitaka Hirota's work on the Shadow Hearts franchise). There were two others I thought of over the weekend that I wish had official releases Concept (DS) and an old adventure game called GROUNSEED. I guess there is a Rare Tracks album or something but there doesn't appear to be an official release.

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
oh, so I was just thinking about this the other day, and you know what never EVER got a soundtrack release, even post-digital age with EGG?

Illusion of Gaia.

Soul Blazer and Terranigma have soundtracks, but not Illusion of Gaia. That's crazy. Though I'd still argue Terranigma had the strongest OST, I'd love to own the trilogy.

(yet one more reason why they should put them as a trilogy on 3DS or something, and then release a trilogy OST)

dharkhades

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:19:01 PM »
The Terranigma OST is great. I haven't heard any Soul Blazer stuff so I can't make any opinions on it. Although I never played Illusion of Gaia much past the intro, if they released the three games as a trilogy on 3DS I would definitely be throwing my money at Nintendo.