Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327198 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI Advance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI Advance  (Read 7937 times)
Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »

http://gba.gamespy.com/gameboy-advance/final-fantasy-vi/

It's about damn time. I've been waiting for the remake since the game came out. :P  I've heard rumors or new spells and espers. I hope you guys are as excited as I am.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »

Not particularly, but if you asked me about a FFVI Advance years back, I'd reply with enthusiasm and excitement. The only reason why I'm not too excited now is because I already own a PS1 port, so the prospect of a FFVI port has dulled my interest. Still, I can't wait to play it. Only because that particular FF had a strong impact on me. Its storyline was excellent.

On a related note, I managed to find FFIV-V Advance at Walmart and Target. Great buys. Now, I would just like to find FFI-II Dawn of Souls. Indeed, Amazon dot com it is.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:02:05 PM »

I'm curious about the alleged graphical overhaul.  Save for the character portraits being on screen with the dialogue, I can't discern any difference.  :P

Great that they are remaking this as it is, imo, the best FF game, but I have literally played through it so many times, that I could never do so ever again.  Unless there IS a significant overhaul.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »

Seems to be exactly the same from the graphics I saw. Just as well, FFVI can't be improved as much as FFIV or even V (which I can't see any improvement, outside of albino abomination portraits).

I have the PSX port, but I want to get this release due to the retranslation and extra junk, not to mention lack of loading. Admittedly though, the retranslation bonus isn't as important as it was for FFV.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »

The best Final Fantasy between V and VII finally gets the portable remake treatment.

Shit, now I'm definitely getting it.

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

This was FF III in the US, right? I am getting it regardles, but I really wanna play through FF III as I sold my SNES soon after getting it because I needed money to go to a Metal Festival. That was stupid... Not the fest, but selling my games (which I don't do anymore because of it), Anyway, I sold my SNES after only playing it for abouit 10 hours. I think this comes out February 5th, and I'll be picking it up that day if possible.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"
This was FF III in the US, right?

Correct. And I really wish people would just start using "on the SNES" rather than "In the US". The number of releases as VI will outnumber the III releases, as has already happened for IV, so that's becoming outdated. :P
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 08:06:59 PM »

Yeah, this game is a classic. I traded my Genesis, Shining Force 1 and Shining Force 2 to Funcoland to almost have enough for the 64.99 cart. I had to beg my mom for like 2 weeks to lend me the difference. I was like maybe 12 at the time. I have played through that game so many times, and its always the best experience. I am trying to play the PSX port, but the loading is killing me. I will get me a GBA again, or possibly a GBA player for the cube so I can play this on the big screen.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 08:34:22 PM »

Damn, a GBA player is a great idea.  I might have to invest in that as well.

*Edit*  After checking Amazon and seeing that the cheapest GBA player is atleast 100$, maybe not such a great idea..

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 08:41:11 PM »

I'll definitely get this. I still have the cart from years ago when I first got my SNES for this game.

Having it on the go is too good.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »

If you have no interest in a DS, it might be good to look into a cheap place for Game Boy Micros, unless being able to play GB/C games is that important to you. On black friday, some places were selling it for as low as $30, which is much more reasonable than just $30 off the DS, and it might just be $50 or something now from other places normally.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 08:58:19 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
This was FF III in the US, right?

Correct. And I really wish people would just start using "on the SNES" rather than "In the US". The number of releases as VI will outnumber the III releases, as has already happened for IV, so that's becoming outdated. :P

That ain't gonna happen. I've called that game FF III for over a decade and a half!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »

That ain't gonna happen. I've called that game FF III for over a decade and a half!

So have the rest of us before this shit got straightened out.

Edit: Now that I thought about it, Fun Fact: The game came out in the US in 1994, and the properly numbered PSX release came out in 1999. It's now 2006, so it's been 7 years since being properly numbered again, over half the time it's existed period. You could cite the fact that it'll be 2007 soon, making it 13/8 years, but since both releases came out late in their respective years here, that wouldn't be very accurate.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »

Are they gonna fix the part where the plot falls apart? :P

Loved the first half of the game, but I still have the original and a working SNES.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 09:37:58 PM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
Are they gonna fix the part where the plot falls apart? :P

I wouldn't count on it. :p  Nice there's going to be some new stuff added, but hopefully it's something useful that doesn't require you to make it to the end of the game.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: