Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319693 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI Advance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI Advance  (Read 7860 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 10:02:10 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"
Quote from: "Eusis"
This was FF III in the US, right?

Correct. And I really wish people would just start using "on the SNES" rather than "In the US". The number of releases as VI will outnumber the III releases, as has already happened for IV, so that's becoming outdated. :P

That ain't gonna happen. I've called that game FF III for over a decade and a half!

EVOLVE, asshole.

:P
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Damn, a GBA player is a great idea.  I might have to invest in that as well.

*Edit*  After checking Amazon and seeing that the cheapest GBA player is atleast 100$, maybe not such a great idea..

Wow, I had no idea they have become so rare. I passed up on it so many times when it was in the sotrs, cause my GBA wasnt stolen yet. Still, there are quite a few classics that would look nice on the big screen.

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Quote from: "Eusis"
This was FF III in the US, right?

Correct. And I really wish people would just start using "on the SNES" rather than "In the US". The number of releases as VI will outnumber the III releases, as has already happened for IV, so that's becoming outdated. :P

That ain't gonna happen. I've called that game FF III for over a decade and a half!

EVOLVE, asshole.

:P

Never! Hell, I went to school with this kid named Steve King. In like 4th grade he was adopted and his name was changed to Steve Hickey. It's been Steve Hickey for 25 years now, but I still call him Steve King 'cuz that's what I first knew him as.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 09:56:24 AM »

Quote from: "Haven"
Quote from: "Masamune"
Damn, a GBA player is a great idea.  I might have to invest in that as well.

*Edit*  After checking Amazon and seeing that the cheapest GBA player is atleast 100$, maybe not such a great idea..

Wow, I had no idea they have become so rare. I passed up on it so many times when it was in the sotrs, cause my GBA wasnt stolen yet. Still, there are quite a few classics that would look nice on the big screen.

A lot of GBA stuff, even released in 2005, is expensive as hell. Try buying Zelda-The Minish cap. One vendor on Amazon has it new for 60 bucks, all the others are 139! Breath of Fire? 60-80 bucks.

While we're speaking about Amazon, for some reason i've not been able to order games from their site for two months. I've ordered books, games, DVD sets and tons of shit for years through them. A few months ago I tried ordering a game there and it said they couldn't ship it to me P.O. box. Same error occured when I tried ordering the same game through their vendors. Last week I tried ordering FF IV Advance and got the same thing. i called them and they didn't know what was going on. Makes no sense that I can get huge hardcover books and DVD sets sent there and not a GBA game. I'm using the same PO box and account info I've always used, too.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »

A lot of GBA stuff, even released in 2005, is expensive as hell. Try buying Zelda-The Minish cap. One vendor on Amazon has it new for 60 bucks, all the others are 139! Breath of Fire? 60-80 bucks.

Well, if you want either of those two games, it looks like you can pick them up for $15-$30 a piece on eBay which seems reasonable enough.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 03:53:58 PM »

Never! Hell, I went to school with this kid named Steve King. In like 4th grade he was adopted and his name was changed to Steve Hickey. It's been Steve Hickey for 25 years now, but I still call him Steve King 'cuz that's what I first knew him as.

But what if you met someone else named Steve King? :P

Edit: Ignored that for way too fucking long.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »

Quote from: Robert Boyd
A lot of GBA stuff, even released in 2005, is expensive as hell. Try buying Zelda-The Minish cap. One vendor on Amazon has it new for 60 bucks, all the others are 139! Breath of Fire? 60-80 bucks./quote]

Well, if you want either of those two games, it looks like you can pick them up for $15-$30 a piece on eBay which seems reasonable enough.

Thanks, but well... I don't use Ebay because I've had a few extremely bad experiences with it. Besides, I wanted a new copy, and new copies are going for 45-50 bucks on there as well.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 06:42:27 PM »

Quote from: "Reunion"
http://gba.gamespy.com/gameboy-advance/final-fantasy-vi/

It's about damn time. I've been waiting for the remake since the game came out. :P  I've heard rumors or new spells and espers. I hope you guys are as excited as I am.

It's a port, not a remake.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »

It's a port, not a remake.

Lord knows I'd kill for one though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »

Hopefully it will fix all of the bugs that FFVI had. What is it with 90s games and incompetent programmers?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 04:51:02 AM »

i remember trying this game back in the day and thinking to myself. wow shining force 2 has better graphics than this. one could argue ps4 does as well. graphics aside the intro was pretty impressive for its time. i think i stopped playing after i got out of the cave where the moogles help you because the graphics were to crappy to keep me interested. i mean didnt this game come out after crono trigger yet they stuck with those pixelated mess of sprites

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 05:03:37 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i mean didnt this game come out after crono trigger yet they stuck with those pixelated mess of sprites

No, it came out a year earlier.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Hopefully it will fix all of the bugs that FFVI had. What is it with 90s games and incompetent programmers?

You're saying every game today is bug free? Hallelujah!

Oh wait.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

Quote from: "alisha"
remember trying this game back in the day and thinking to myself. wow shining force 2 has better graphics than this. one could argue ps4 does as well. graphics aside the intro was pretty impressive for its time. i think i stopped playing after i got out of the cave where the moogles help you because the graphics were to crappy to keep me interested. i mean didnt this game come out after crono trigger yet they stuck with those pixelated mess of sprites

Crappy graphics?  It's a snes title.  Didn't think it was that bad really.

I didn't realize people cared enough back then to stop playing a game because one game's sprites are worse than someone else's.  I know I didn't give a damn.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 06:02:24 PM »

I think the graphics were fantastic, SNES or not. How old they are might matter more had 2D not died just a few years later. Personally, I can only imagine the graphics of those two games being considered better from an artistic and/or subjective viewpoint, as from a technical viewpoint, they certainly aren't better, PSIV's cutscenes exempted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: