Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI Advance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI Advance  (Read 8091 times)
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »

FFVI was pretty damn good looking considering it came out in 94. Hell, it still looks relatively good when you compare it to more recent 2D titles.

And I'll be definitely be getting this game when it's finally released. I just hope there's enough extra stuff to justify it taking years to finally see light of day on the GBA.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

Call it nostalgia or whatever, but I love the graphics of the SNES FF games. Especially the backgrounds. All those bright and vivid colors... yeah. Plus, I'll die loving 2D RPG's more than 3d.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 01:26:49 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I think the graphics were fantastic, SNES or not. How old they are might matter more had 2D not died just a few years later. Personally, I can only imagine the graphics of those two games being considered better from an artistic and/or subjective viewpoint, as from a technical viewpoint, they certainly aren't better, PSIV's cutscenes exempted.

for me it might of had more to do with the actual attack animations. i guess after playing shining force 2 they looked too cheesy for me and far too pixelated. clearly the snes was capable of better. out of curiosity was ff6 the last FF game to have a female lead before ff12? perhaps if i had tried ff6 right when it came out instead of after playing crono trigger and seiken densetsu 3 i would of felt differently.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 02:13:33 AM »

I'd say FFVI looks better than FFVII and various other early PSX games (or PC games of the same era, or Saturn games). Early 3D's REALLY aged well, eh wot?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Druff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 03:30:35 AM »

FFVI had arguably the best graphics of any SNES game (because a lot of them were actually digitial scans of painted artwork) but then just a few weeks later Donkey Kong Country was released, with graphics entirely composed of SGI pre-rendered 3D images, and suddenly FFVI's awesome visuals were forgotten.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 02:03:19 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
out of curiosity was ff6 the last FF game to have a female lead before ff12? perhaps if i had tried ff6 right when it came out instead of after playing crono trigger and seiken densetsu 3 i would of felt differently.

Well...unless you count FFX-2...and if you actually consider Ashe to be the main character of FFXII...

Anyways, I'm psyched over FFVI Advance!  I already have it preordered and I'm hoping it comes in before I leave for work.  Nothing kills time on a 1 hour commute like playing a good game.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 03:02:28 PM »

if it looks at least as good as FFVA i'll give it a shot. the originals graphics were way to pixelated but i dont mind the look of FFVA.

also i havent played ffxii yet its on my backlog because i'm obsessed with valkyrie profile 2.

lol i like to pretend ffx-2 doesnt exist.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

I picked this up last night, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Just kind of a bump reminder for everyone to let people know the game is out there.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »

I just picked it up an hour ago.  For some reason the thought of playing this game is consuming my mind, despite needing to finish the last dungeon of FF3 and I just started Rogue Galaxy.  Might just have to put all that on the back burner, this is FF6 after all.

Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 05:01:14 PM »

I'll play Rogue Galaxy before I play this FFVI, but that's just because I just re-played FFVI about a month ago.  I heard the sound quality was screwed up for the GBA port so I'm still worried that it isn't as good as it could have been, but I'm still going to get it today.

Has anyone who's played it heard any difference in sound quality for it?

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I'll play Rogue Galaxy before I play this FFVI, but that's just because I just re-played FFVI about a month ago.  I heard the sound quality was screwed up for the GBA port so I'm still worried that it isn't as good as it could have been, but I'm still going to get it today.

Has anyone who's played it heard any difference in sound quality for it?

Danny

Sound seems up to par with the other GBA FF games to me.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »

I'll be picking FFVI up tomorrow, with Ar Tonelico hopefully.  It'll be a while before I play either since I'm still in the middle of FFVA and I still have a bit of a gaming backlog.

Then again, I'm having too much fun with Rogue Galaxy at the moment.

Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 02:58:16 AM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
Then again, I'm having too much fun with Rogue Galaxy at the moment.

I would have to agree.  Rogue GaLAXy is amazing!!!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 01:54:23 AM »

I never quite understood the whole "Ted Woolsey must die!" fiasco, but after playing through most of FFVI Advance, I'm starting to get it.

I know I haven't played the game in a decade, but I *do* remember the storyline. And there are things being brought up in this text that I have no memory reading. So, three cheers to the new translation, because it is EXCELLENT. I am really, really pleased.

(yes, they did choose to keep names like Sabin and Cyan the same, but that's probably just for the sake of consistency with the fans).

Ramza

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 03:03:27 AM »

The new translation is great indeed.  It flows a lot more naturally than I remember.  I also like that they kept in some of the gags from the old translation like the whole "Mr. Thou" routine.  That was one of my favorites.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: