Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318991 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Great Console War 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Great Console War 3  (Read 11604 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2007, 05:12:44 AM »

I don't see what taking financial risks has to do with anything.

A business/corporation's goal is to make money, and that is what Nintendo is doing. At the same time, nintendo's consoles always have the most fun and enjoyable games on them, to me.

Example: Earthbound.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2007, 06:52:23 AM »

The thing that I have against Nintendo systems since the N64 is their lack of quantity. Quality's all good and well, but no matter how stellar a few titles are, once you finish them, the system has no staying power. My Nintendo 64 and Gamecube have just sat in the closet collecting dust while my PSX and PS2 got so much playtime I'm surprised they haven't broken down on me.

You can say quality over quantity all you want, but the PS2 has had many more worthwhile games than the Gamecube did, and that's what I'm considering when buying a new console; I don't want to play a few great games on it then stick in in my drawer and never pull it out again. That's a waste of money.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »

Personally, as far as quantity vs quality goes, I think the greatest of PSX games generally stood toe to toe with Nintendo's greatest, or close enough at least, and the rest were handy backup. Not going to blatantly compare any because not only could that result in flames, but honestly I can't really do direct comparisons, just stuff like 'Well, Nintendo has Zelda, but the Playstation (2) had Xenogears/saga come out at the same time!' or something like that.

Also, this 'go fucking die' crap should really be fucking stopped. Whether her arguments are dumb or not, it's not worth this kind of response.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »

Fuck you, Eus, you have a different opinion than mine, so you should go kill yourse--wait, your opinion isn't different from mine.

You should kill yourself anyway since it is a totally compelling argument. Grrr! >:(((((

Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »

And you don't feel that's generalising just a bit too much?

I am generalizing becuase I was too lazy to type all of my thoughts. I don't really want Nintendo to fail. Its just that as far as home consoles go I prefer the controller design of the Playstation, and as far as games go there are usually only a few Nintendo exclusive games I really want to play. Beyond that Nintendo's libraries have never really had enough games that could hold my interest. The result? I end up wanting to buy the N64 and the GC for the sole purpose of playing a few games, after which I hardly ever touch it.

Do I really want Nintendo to fail? No. But they either need to expand their library or they need to just focus on developing games for different systems (with the exception of the handheld market which they own). Also I've already given my thoughts on the Wii controller. Maybe I'll change my mind if I see more good games utilizing it well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Beyond that, and returning to your comment... Just to play Zelda? Are you stoned? Go play some Rayman or Trauma Centre: Second Opinion before you open your mouth.

Its an opinion and you have no idea what games I'm interested in so don't act like you know what I like. I'm not saying they are bad games, but the only game I'm actually interested in atm is Zelda. I also have a Gamecube but its the same deal. Besides a few Nintendo exclusive games, I could get everything else I wanted to play on my PS2 (which is the only console I own that I don't share with my brothers).

It's okay Dadeykins, he's new. He didn't know I was being sarcastic. :P

Its kind of hard to know when someone is being sarcastic on the internet :/

The thing that I have against Nintendo systems since the N64 is their lack of quantity. Quality's all good and well, but no matter how stellar a few titles are, once you finish them, the system has no staying power. My Nintendo 64 and Gamecube have just sat in the closet collecting dust while my PSX and PS2 got so much playtime I'm surprised they haven't broken down on me.

THANK YOU!

Also, this 'go fucking die' crap should really be fucking stopped. Whether her arguments are dumb or not, it's not worth this kind of response.

Exactly.

I've just learned to deal with people that annoy me. Hell, if I didn't people like you, Hidoshi, would make me leave.

The non-stop trail of shoddy ports following the end of Sega's console years has pretty much killed my faith in all but a small portion of that company. That portion that I still respect is pretty much responsible for PSU, and PSU alone.

Well I'm not saying I want that to happen but to be honest I really don't know much about Sega's quality since I've never owned one of their systems or any of their games recently. Still, I don't see how they can't make those games good if they actually tried.
Mikkaddo

GeneralMalak@hotmail.com Mikkaddo2037 blazyr2003
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »

ok, well . . . firstly, the bashing, flaming, and generall open death threats of other users really should be stopped. Whether you like what someone else thinks or not it's not reason to tell them to "fucking die" or any other such things there as. Personally I've disagreed with many statements and opinions so far. However, with each one, I've restated my case, stated what in the opninion I disagreed with, then re-evaluated myself against the argument. This can be a normal discussion . . . we don't have to go to blows just because perhaps I don't like that one person wants Nintendo to fail, or because I think Sega should be the most sucessful company where others don't . . . we can discuss this like rational people.

Congratulations!
You are still alive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: