Author Topic: PSVita Shopping: What is digital ONLY?

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
PSVita Shopping: What is digital ONLY?
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »
So...

I'm a nut. And whenever a game exists in physical form, I want that. But sometimes, games are download-ONLY.

With the 3DS, they make pretty clear what is available retail and what's download-only. In fact, on the eShop, I think that's something you can filter by.

I can find no such filter on the PS Store, at least not from my Vita. I can narrow it to all games that are available online, but not all games that are available ONLY online.

Does anyone know a way to do this, or a website that lists all PSVita titles and allows you to filter by format (ie -- "not in physical format, download only")?

Thanks,
Ramza

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: PSVita Shopping: What is digital ONLY?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
The vita wikipedia article will link to a list of vita games that also gives you a yes or no answer to the physical copy question.

TASTY!

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »
The vita wikipedia article will link to a list of vita games that also gives you a yes or no answer to the physical copy question.

That's helpful! I wonder if I can simply copy/paste these tables into Wikipedia so I can filter instead of sort. And get A-Z on there, not that A-L M-Z split.

I'll check it out tonight. Thanks D!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

That's helpful! I wonder if I can simply copy/paste these tables into Wikipedia so I can filter instead of sort. And get A-Z on there, not that A-L M-Z split.

I'll check it out tonight. Thanks D!
Good luck sir.

TASTY!

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:53:09 PM »
I'm not sure what it's like on your side of the pond, but the EU vita store is a friggin' neglected mess. Recent games like Brandish and Suikoden show up on no lists, only appearing if you search for their titles. Makes you wonder how many lost sales the interface has caused. I'm not sure if you can filter at all.

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
Yeah, I've had my share of PSStore woes as well. Being able to use the wikipedia has been much more helpful since I can then directly search the title.

And ... yes, it totally pasted into Excel just fine, allowing me to sort and filter as I pleased.