Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334517 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Rogue Galaxy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Rogue Galaxy.  (Read 17096 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:38:52 PM »

Anyone have a release date for this game? The new Game Informer and RPGfan's release shedule say January, but Amazon's pre-order page for it says March 31st.

Man, this game looks good!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »

I'd check other sites too. Most importantly SCEA's, as if that says March... Well, we're fucked. Or blessed. Woo hoo no competition with Phoenix Wright!
Amankhan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »

SCEA's website has a January 30th release date for Rogue Galaxy

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS2/Games

Click on the "Upcoming Games" button, then scroll down a bit.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »

Thanks guys. I didn't know SCEA had release dates on their site. But then again, I've never been to their site. I'm glad it's coming out sooner rather than later. Something about this game really appeals to me.

As for Phoenix Wright, I'll get 'em both! Along with FF VI Advance on Feb. 5th!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:44:26 PM »

I was reading Game Informer today and they rated this game a 9. Looks pretty good.

"Oh, a hunter..."
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 05:27:03 AM »

This game looks like it could end up being like Skies of Arcadia in space, which would be great. I'm not too sure I like the sound of it being developed by the makers of Dark Cloud, though - I dislike rpgs giving you way too much to do.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 01:49:03 PM »

It's definitely not March. They've had the game *completed* in English since mid-December, and they've been giving out those demos for a month now. Jan 30 would be correct.

And yes, the game is going to Pwn your world.

Ramza

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 02:40:50 PM »

I sort of agree with Grand Master. I'm also not fond of RPGs that give you too much to do. Actually, not so much giving you too much to do, more like making it feel forced on you all at once. Morrowind, for instance, probably has as much stuff to do as Baldur's Gate 2, but BG2 tended to just THROW it at you. Morrowind was whatever pace you wanted it to be. Similarly, I felt that Gothic 2 had a more even pace than Gothic 1.

Anyway, if this does end up like SoA, that could be neat. I didn't like SoA much but mostly 'cause I h8'd the battle system. Loved the aesthetics and exploration concept. If RG is similar, but in space, and it sounds like the battle system is better, I might end up liking it a lot.

It also sounds like they put a ton of work into localizing it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »

I played quite a bit of the import back when it came out (never did finish it though) and while it's a good game and everything, holy shit are some of these dungeons LOOOOOOONG.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »

Do the dungeons have ample save opportunities?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
It's definitely not March. They've had the game *completed* in English since mid-December, and they've been giving out those demos for a month now. Jan 30 would be correct.

To be fair, MML was done sometime in the summery (June? July?) back in 98, but was delayed to be sold in fall, so it is entirely possible that they'll sit on a finished game for that long. Seeing as how the point of a January release is to avoid the holiday madness and that there's little competition that month though, it doesn't really make sense to delay it further anyway.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Do the dungeons have ample save opportunities?

From what I played (I think about 20 hours or so), there are save points in the dungeons. Whether they are ample or not, depends on your definition of "ample," I suppose. For example, one dungeon is this huge structure which is basically two connecting ten story towers. That took me 2-3 hours or maybe even more to go through. But you could go down to the bottom floor and use the save point to save your progress.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 03:10:18 AM »

Ample I guess would be like, uh... at least as frequent as in SMT:Nocturne. Not necessarily as much as in the DDS games, although it is sexy to have save points everywhere. Still, I'd rather just to be able to save whenever I want to, honestly. I never got the concept of save points. People called it innovative when Marathon had them and it just annoyed me :|

o/` I do not dream o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
I never got the concept of save points. People called it innovative when Marathon had them and it just annoyed me :|

I think the original point was simply lacking the storage space to make saves anywhere. Nowadays, there's pretty much no point short of making sure people don't save somewhere that permanently fucks them up. In which case, ToE's save system should be deployed.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 01:32:19 AM »

I have read a couple previews about 2 or 3 months ago. I also remember Shiguma talking about it. I think I am not going to look anything else about it up and just go for it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: