Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Rogue Galaxy.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Rogue Galaxy.  (Read 17277 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »

Yeah, I'm excited about it too, but I've only sampled the soundtrack; I've yet to actually read any real reviews of the game itself at length. I think I, too, shall take my chances; I like playing games without knowing any snippets of plot, especially at the beginning of the game.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 02:25:09 AM »

I haven't looked that much into this game either except that it does sound like the aforementioned "Skies of Arcadia in Space", which would rock my world.  Actually, I just read the Preview on the 'Fan's front page and it does indeed sound exciting.  With this, Ar Tonelico, and FFVI Advance, I think my backlog just grew another few feet.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »

It looks cool but for some reason it's reminding me of Star Ocean 3 which I really, really hated :| I doubt this game will show up in rental places, either.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 04:18:40 PM »

It's not going to be like Star Ocean.  I have no proof to back this statement, but I am a big fan of Level 5's first two RPGs, Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2.  I consider them a very solid company and after reading a review of Rogue Galaxy, it's going to be good.  The U.S. release is almost a different game, with all of the changes they made directly from hearing fan feedback and the likes/dislikes of the people who actually worked on the game.

Star Ocean was a huge letdown for me, simply because of how horrible the plot twist was.  It felt like it made the first half of the game completely irrelevant and made me lose any connection or fondness I had toward the characters.  I pretty much quit immediately after.

Rogue Galaxy will probably be the last solid RPG the PS2 sees.  Unless SE surprises us with something.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:18 AM »

i'm hesitant after trying some of level 5's previous works, namely both dark cloud games and dragon quest 8. in all cases the games failed to keep me interested. a lot will depend on how enjoyable the battle system is.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »

It looks cool but for some reason it's reminding me of Star Ocean 3 which I really, really hated :|

It's a little bit like Star Ocean, but it doesn't feel that way too much. It feels more like a mix of Tales/Dark Cloud than anything.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »

I meant more gameplay wise. I mean, do your party members have good AI? Do they randomly break down and just stand there, spinning in place? Are the outdoor areas unbelievably tiny, and do they lead to incredibly large and incredibly empty dungeons? I've actually heard the last two comments applied to the DC games now that I think about it.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »

I'm probably going to get this... It looks like its going to be interesting. And at $40 new, its a chance I'm willing to take

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
I meant more gameplay wise. I mean, do your party members have good AI? Do they randomly break down and just stand there, spinning in place? Are the outdoor areas unbelievably tiny, and do they lead to incredibly large and incredibly empty dungeons? I've actually heard the last two comments applied to the DC games now that I think about it.
From what I played of the demo the AI seems pretty good. They help alot in battle and sometimes they can be too helpful.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »

I own the Japanese version.  I'll probably buy the English version when it's in the bargain bins.  It's not my favorite game, but overall it's pretty good: decent gameplay combined with awesome graphics.

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »

Anticipation is building... It is released tommorrow, so I should be able to buy it the day after or Thursday at the latest.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »

Read a little bit more about it. Seems like it's somewhat nonlinear and has fun side content. I like those things.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Rob

lex+dominus
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 10:15:25 PM »

I'm taking my chances with this one. I don't have a lot of time to play long RPGs anymore, but I want to enjoy the good ones as much as possible. That said, most of the information and reviews I've seen indicate that the story isn't particularly strong...and that's the most important part of a console RPG (in my opinion). If it's not on par with the plot in Skies of Arcadia (which wasn't particularly deep or convoluted to begin with) I'm going to be quite annoyed.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

It's not like console RPGs usually have worthwhile stories anyway, so whatever.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Magic Pink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"

Rogue Galaxy will probably be the last solid RPG the PS2 sees.  Unless SE surprises us with something.

coughPersona3ArTonelicocough
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: