Author Topic: keep losing jobs....

Alisha

• View Profile
keep losing jobs....
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
because i'm outspoken and dont bend over and take it like a good little bitch. sigh......

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: keep losing jobs....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »
So... you keep losing jobs because you have too much pride?

All that free time will be perfect for some serious introspection.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »
when I was younger, I went through a long string of completely bonkers girlfriends.  It was easy for me to just think that women are insane and lament over why or how they kept finding me.  But ultimately, the REAL issue was that I kept letting lunatics into my life and I needed to fix whatever flaw within myself was causing ME to be drawn to THEM. 

I guess what I'm saying is

THE ANSWER IS WITHIN YOU, YOUNG PADAWON!

(oh, right, I think Alisha has me blocked)

edit: but I'm a straight white cis American male, so who knows if my experience is at all indicative of anyone's other than my own.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:05:43 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »
as far as i know i dont have anyone blocked

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Depending on the scenario, but sometimes we all metaphorically take it up the ass for our job.

If you mean LITERALLY they wanna pork you and expect you to take it, then record that shit happening and lawyer up.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
It might be helpful to clarify what happened. Unfortunately, in the world of gainful employment one is required to put up with more than their share of bologna. It's one of the reasons I'm looking for a new job. But hey, gotta eat in the meantime.

Jobhunting is never easy. I wish you luck and hope you find something new and suitable before long.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »
what i mean is. they favor people that when told to jump ask how high. i say if i jump i might hit my head on the ceiling surely theres a better way.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
It might be helpful to clarify what happened.

If that's too personal, sorry we can't help more.  Jobs are a pain, sometimes you just gotta do.  Most people don't love their jobs.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 08:00:19 PM »
I used to work with an overly headstrong woman (who also happened to be homosexual, but we don't really care about that in Montreal) and while I won't dare say that the situation is similar, there may be something helpful to you somewhere in this tale.
Or maybe not... I wouldn't know.

Before I start, I'd like to point out that her being a woman didn't really change things because my department has always had more women than men and our superiors were mostly women too.

When she started, people were OK with her because she was good at what she did.
As people were put to work on projects with her though, problems started to arise.
She was always pushing for her way because she believed it was better.
In some cases, she was right, but sometimes you can't change things, even for the better, for other reasons.
Whenever we tried explaining those reasons or why her ideas were wrong, she would dismiss everything and simply be louder.
There was simply no way to have her back down.
Even people that were superior to her in the chain of command or people that had seniority couldn't change her mind or make her understand the reasons.
It happened to me and trough the projects to everyone else.
The end result was that everyone hated working with her and basically hating her.
After a while, some kind of 'office bullying' happened and she started being miserable.
Even while miserable, she still obstinately stayed at the company thinking she was right and everyone else was wrong and we were all against her because she was right.
She had multiple breakdowns but still stayed.
In the end, a re-organization happened (like they always do in corporations) and even her skills at her job, which were very good, could not save her from being cut mostly because even the higher-ups had grown tired of her.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »
I just be completely submissive at work because I don't care anymore and I get paid even if I don't care and the project isn't something I could get emotionally invested in anyway.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »
Meh, that's why I like working with my old man as an a/v installer. Take work as it comes our way, don't have to worry about being fired because we do the work of several people in a single 2 man group, and though we fight like animals at times we know how to appear to our clients and make our employers look good.

Be a merc, it's fun.

TASTY!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
I'm going to be blunt (because you have indicated multiple times in the past that's what you prefer): If your posting habits are anything like what you act like in real life, you have a hard time distinguishing confidence and indiscretion. Tact is highly valued by most people, even (especially?) when they claim otherwise. Just in this thread you've already had two of your three posts reek of a whole "I'm smarter than all these mindless sheeple" attitude.

If you're simply venting, I guess I can understand, and you can proceed to ignore this post.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »
I used to work with an overly headstrong woman (who also happened to be homosexual, but we don't really care about that in Montreal) and while I won't dare say that the situation is similar, there may be something helpful to you somewhere in this tale.
Or maybe not... I wouldn't know.

Before I start, I'd like to point out that her being a woman didn't really change things because my department has always had more women than men and our superiors were mostly women too.

When she started, people were OK with her because she was good at what she did.
As people were put to work on projects with her though, problems started to arise.
She was always pushing for her way because she believed it was better.
In some cases, she was right, but sometimes you can't change things, even for the better, for other reasons.
Whenever we tried explaining those reasons or why her ideas were wrong, she would dismiss everything and simply be louder.
There was simply no way to have her back down.
Even people that were superior to her in the chain of command or people that had seniority couldn't change her mind or make her understand the reasons.
It happened to me and trough the projects to everyone else.
The end result was that everyone hated working with her and basically hating her.
After a while, some kind of 'office bullying' happened and she started being miserable.
Even while miserable, she still obstinately stayed at the company thinking she was right and everyone else was wrong and we were all against her because she was right.
She had multiple breakdowns but still stayed.
In the end, a re-organization happened (like they always do in corporations) and even her skills at her job, which were very good, could not save her from being cut mostly because even the higher-ups had grown tired of her.

this is similar to me except i was willing to back down but whenever i did i was proven to be right. wich seemed to create this weird aura where i felt like people were afraid of me. perhaps afraid isnt the right word. like they would avoid confrontation with me.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 04:16:30 AM »
I think it helps to remember that all people make mistakes (that includes you) and that some people has just so dumb they constantly make them. Sometimes you have to work for those people. But hey, you get paid for putting up with their stupidity (which may (eventually) take less effort than changing things) and get to go home at the end of the day, while they have to live with it their entire lives.

Also, even if people radiate dumbness while interacting with you, they may actually be good at their job. I edit ads and newsletters for small business as a sidejob and while the avarage owner can't spell to save their life, they are good at running a business.

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 05:19:50 AM »
Hang in there. You'll find what's right for you.