Author Topic: Street Fighter V

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter V
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »
I mean, I'm pretty sure Zangief can literally grab anyones upper body with one hand.

...This I can confirm.

And, as always, the Darth Samurai

BTW, those Star Wars Samurai collectables are getting a U.S. release: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/09/21-1/bluefin-announces-north-american-distribution-plans-for-star-wars-samurai-collectibles

For, uh, all those Star Wars fans. I'm told they exist in significant numbers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:32:33 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »
(in contrast to some of the DoA girls).

Well, they kept the giant breasts on top of her armor of muscle...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »
I'd love to see Hakan again, he was awesomely funny. Between his special attacks being grossly funny and his dialogue being amazingly inappriopriate, Hakan was a gem. Of course...who could forget this?

https://youtu.be/_Qzo0F7xf5o

TASTY!

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »
There's a leak from mid-August that's been accurate since the Vega reveal.  I won't share it here, but you can look around the internet if you're curious.  But really, this is just the starting 16.  There's hope within a few years for basically everyone in the 44-character roster (!) of Street Fighter IV.  My SF4 mains are Honda, Adon, and Sagat, so I'd love for any of those three to show up in the first year or two of added characters. 

I was really impressed with the Rashid trailer.  His moveset reminds me of Goenitz from King of Fighters '95, and his agile air stuff looks pretty neat.  Really, almost every character seems to have air shenanigans, which will make SF V feel a lot different from SF IV.  Interested in trying Rashid out.  Necalli doesn't look as interesting to me.  But I'm a Street Fighter mark, so I'll watch every trailer bouncing in my seat like an excited child. 

Sise-Neg

• Conquerer of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 02:29:43 AM »
I just hope Vega doesn't suck in this game like he does in SF4. He's been my favorite character since SFII.
Conqueror of the Cosmos

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
Okay, I managed to move some posts into here.

I had no idea what I was doing but I think I got there in the end.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
I just hope Vega doesn't suck in this game like he does in SF4. He's been my favorite character since SFII.

He looked great in the trailer, at least. I'm certainly looking forward to trying him, he was my secondary main in SF2, after Cammy, but more used than T. Hawk and Fei Long. I liked characters with basic attack reach and aerial coverage, since jumping and keeping your distance were the only defensive strategies you had in Street Fighter II besides just tanking.

Okay, I managed to move some posts into here.

I had no idea what I was doing but I think I got there in the end.

Thanks. The first post I made is now in a weird spot, but I can edit that. It's just because of the time stamp and I doubt anything could be done about that. Ya done good.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:25:56 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 09:45:11 AM »
Cammy is always my main, with Guile my secondary.  However, I kinda fell madly in love with Ibuki during SFIV, so I'm hoping they don't uglify her along with Cammy and Karin.

BTW, Chun Li actually looks ok.  Yes, the thighs are crazy, but... that's always been Chun Li's trademark.  Cammy's trademark has not been being ugly.  The pigtails and leotard, yes, but... the leotard never looked like body paint before.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »
Gripe: Man, I LOVE the SF series.... but, I haven't been able to get into any of them after Alpha 3 (my all-time fave of the series). Not because I don't think anything after Alpha 3 is good, but because the D-pads on PS2/Xbox/GC (and systems released after) are garbage. Some people may be able to use the sticks, but I can't use them for a 2D fighter. Just doesn't work for me.
I had SF4 for Xbox, and the game is obviously very well done. However, the shit D-pad kept me from pulling off consistent moves, so it wasn't fun for me in the end. I guess this is just my own issue...

EDIT: Regarding Cammy. I much prefer her look in IV than V. The V version is a little too uncanny valley-ish for me...

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »
While it's a bit too sexualized for me to call it great overall, I do think some elements of Cammy's alt costume are good/interesting.
I don't know why. but I get steampunk vibes from it.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Actually, Cammy looks pretty great there.  Her face looks better (I don't know why) and it looks like she is wearing clothing instead of paint.  Much better.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 12:14:09 PM »
Yeah, I dig the costume. I still feel like she needs some shorts at least, though, at least with that outfit.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
Agreed.  I've seen Cammy's butt so many times it's become a near-clinical experience.  No longer any aesthetic value left there.  It would be MORE feminine now for her to cover up a little bit.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »

I'm rarely anything but cynical and overly defensive about this kind of thing, but good gravy Rachel Frieza.  That lady looks like she could leave bruises if she looked at me the wrong way.  And I'm completely alright with that.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »
Welcome back old challenger Zangief!
https://youtu.be/aVlTL1_Oa_I

He looks surprisingly normal!
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!