Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 07:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340839 Posts in 13927 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  All new and better DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: All new and better DS  (Read 9579 times)
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 05:08:19 AM »

I lost the keys to my house a few times.. by this logic it seems im knee deep in it. o.O
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 03:26:40 AM »

BUMPAGE!

So my local Target apparently is scheduled to break street date...TOMORROW!

Anyone else going to be picking up a DS Lite next week? I managed to track down a copy of Dawn of Sorrow and Brain Age.....Stoked just isnt a good enough word to describe how excited I am for this.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 04:33:32 AM »

As soon as FFIII hit's shelves I'm definitely getting one with the game.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

I do want to trade in my fat ds for a lite one, but not right now.  I'm not too keen on the color white so I'm holding out for more color options.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 12:03:12 PM »

There's something about the white that I really like.

Nintendo seems to be picking up on some of Apple's design ideas...a slick, sleek, white piece of technology that even if you were playing in the middle of the park....people would be interested in what it is. It just looks hot.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

Hmm, I personally like the ice blue one they have in Japan.  My appliances are white so I need some color in my gaming machines.  Are you getting the white wii too?  For that, I was thinking about the blue one or the green one.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »

Gamestop is having a promotion right now and they're giving $70 if you trade in your DS system. So I went ahead and traded mine in. I do realize that I paid $150 for it not even a year ago but I always thought the old DS was a rather unpleasant-looking device aesthetically.

As for getting a colored DS Lite, I hear those things smudge really really easily.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 03:09:41 PM »

Only four days left!

Sucks, I can't pick it up on the date, since I have work...  Though I'll be getting it right aftere.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »

I honestly don't really see the point in getting a DS lite. They're nifty, sure, but I got my current DS for $60 off a friend, and I'd say that even with the inferior backlighting to a DS lite, it's still worth it, rather than spending more cash. I mean, if there are any glaring reasons that I'm overlooking, someone enlighten me, but I just don't get the hype.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 07:53:12 PM »

Well I have yet to pick up a DS because of my financial situation, but as soon as that is fixed, I really want to pick one up.  It seems more interesting to me than a PSP, and this new version looks great, so ill be picking it up.  I just hope they release more colors soon, as im not a fan of white colored handhelds.  They get grimy looking way to fast.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »

Anyone know if they are going to release the Black version in the US any time soon? I know that currently it's EU only, but a Black version would be reason enough for me to wait for a purchase.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 08:16:33 PM »

No clue yet. Knowing Nintendo, a few monthes after release.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 01:40:36 PM »

Got mine yesterday (spend the hole night playing Castlevania DS)!

I can't believe how small it is.  It's actually thinner then my GBA SP.  The design if very smooth and the new brightness levels really add new life to games.  The only real flaw I can find is that the speakers are not as loud (not an issue for me since I always play with headphones).

... and hurray, no dead pixels!
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:16 AM »

Picked mine up on the street date at my best buy. Got brain age for free with a promo deal, too.

I'll tell you, the brightness of the games makes you blind at first. It's like, "OH MY GOD WAS ANIMAL CROSSING ALWAYS THIS COLOR HAPPY?" O_o

I still have my old DS. Seeing if my friends wanna buy it before slepping it off to gamestop.

Overall, quite happy with my purchase.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 08:08:31 AM »

Quote from: "Lucca"
Picked mine up on the street date at my best buy. Got brain age for free with a promo deal, too.

I'll tell you, the brightness of the games makes you blind at first. It's like, "OH MY GOD WAS ANIMAL CROSSING ALWAYS THIS COLOR HAPPY?" O_o

I still have my old DS. Seeing if my friends wanna buy it before slepping it off to gamestop.

Overall, quite happy with my purchase.

If you had purchased your DS Lite at Gamestop and sold your old DS at the same time you would have gotten a pretty nice boost to the trade-in value of your old DS. The inclusion of Brain Age at Best Buy makes up for the boost, though.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: