Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  All new and better DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: All new and better DS  (Read 9450 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 03:13:15 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

If you had purchased your DS Lite at Gamestop and sold your old DS at the same time you would have gotten a pretty nice boost to the trade-in value of your old DS. The inclusion of Brain Age at Best Buy makes up for the boost, though.

Oh yeah. I do have some people who may be interested in buying it though, hence why I went with the other deal.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 10:48:27 PM »

So Darkrider sent me a PM yesterday saying that he couldnt find me a copy of Dawn of Sorrow, but linked me to a site that has copies of Trauma Center....I was stoked....wanted to wait until payday before I bought it, but I was pretty sure I'd get it.

On my way home from work today I stopped by Gamestop a few minutes from the apt.....and what do I find? A used copy of Trauma Center for $19.99.

Having completed my first three surgeries....I am hooked. Fuck yes: I am a doctor.

Now, who needs a vasectomy?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »

I imagine I'll probably pick up a DSlite soon. I don't like handhelds themselves much. I'll mostly play it at home, strain my eyes and get a crick in my neck. But I like good games and I'm itching for some castlevania, new super mario bros. and maybe some Phoenix Wright.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »

Brain Age is pretty fun.  The only thing is during the age test where you have to say the colors, it doesn't recognize "blue".  It does recognize "boo" though.  

As for Trauma Center, I got hooked on it fast, but I couldn't advance any because I suck at that game.  You know what I can't do?  I can't magnify anything.  I spent most of my time trying to draw a circle and not getting it right.  I gave up due to frustration.  That said, I will get it on the Wii when it comes out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:45 PM »

So, I'm contemplating picking up a DS Lite once I get paid for the two weeks of work I've just done. But, not having owned a DS yet, I'm not all that familiar with the library of games for it. I know that I'm going to pick up Phoenix Wright right away, and Ouendan when I cand find it, but other than that I'm not sure what games I should buy for it. So, I'm looking for your suggestions, all. Genre of game doesn't matter, but RPG/Adventure is preferable, and I'm not a big fan of plattformers or 3rd action/adventure (Ratchet & Clank type stuff).

Was thinking of picking up two of three games besides Phoenix Wright, so shoot away with your suggestions!

Also, GameBoy Advance titles are fair game as well.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »

Good luck finding Phoenix Wright btw.

Games you need to get:
    [*]Trauma Center. This game will rock you so hard, but you will keep comin back to it.
    [*]Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Aria of Sorrow for GBA is fantastic as well)
    [*]The New Super Mario Brothers....if you call yourself a gamer you will get this. It fucking rocks.
    [*]I just picked up Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for the GBA....and now find myself playing it and the GCN version.
    [*]Final Fantasy III comes out soon. Just more reason to pick one up.
    [*]Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. This....I'm torn on. It's really really fun, but it's weird playing an RPG with Mario in it that ISNT Super Mario RPG.
    [*]And if none of those interest you.....you could always get this game:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/thatssoravenpsychic/screenindex.html?sid=6150196
    [/list]

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
    Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
    View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 01:00:17 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
    Good luck finding Phoenix Wright btw.

Actually, it's quite readily available in Europe. The last four or five UK game webstores I've looked at have had it in stock.

As for your suggestion - thanks. I was planning on getting the Fire Emblem games, as well as Golden Sun and Riviera. I'm not too sure about Dawn of Sorrow and New Super Mario Brothers - I've never actually been a huge fan of either game series. Partners in Time looks good, though.
    Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
    View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 09:34:16 AM »

So, I finally took the plunge and ordered a black DS Lite with New Super Mario Bros. Also ordered Phoenix Wright and Ouendan. Very excited now.
    CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 12:16:51 PM »

Ah good choices.  Phoenix Wright is the best game on the DS!!!  Too bad the sequel won't come for a while.

The games I find myself playing all the time is Zoo Keeper (puzzle game like Bejeweled) and Brain Age (I'm a sudoku freak plus I'm afraid I'm getting stupid).  

I'm keeping an eye on Deep Labyrinth which comes out soon,  but I'll probably wait on purchasing it until I read the reviews.  Also Contact holds my interest since I loved Killer 7, but I heard bad things about it during E3.  So again I'll wait for the reviews.  I'll buy Touch Detectives no matter what.  

As for Trauma Center, are you going to get a Wii?  It has TC: Second Opinion which is like a remake + of TC.  It has the old stuff plus some new content.  So you might want to hold out for that.  I actually didn't get too far on TC since I couldn't magnify things worth a damn.  If they fix it for the Wii version then I'm all for it.

As for the GBA games, I loved Riviera.  At one point you couldn't shut me up about it.  Although I will admit that it isn't for everyone.  I'm an old school point and click adventure lover so it was right up my alley.  

For new GBA games, I'm semi-interested in Summon Night.  It looks really cute plus you can pick your gender.  I love that option.  I'll have to read more about it when the release date approaches.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
    Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
    View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #39 on: July 17, 2006, 12:38:27 PM »

I'm planning on buying Riviera and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones the next time I order games, so those are already on the list. Also planning on buying the Golden Sun games, as well as a lot of the GBA SNES remakes. Oh, how I wish Squeenix would release CT for the GBA. I guess that opportunity has passed now, though. Maybe it'll be on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I've heard mixed things about Trauma Center. Some say it's great fun, while others think it's boring and repetetive. The game does intrigue me, though, so I'm planning on picking it up when I can get it cheap. Holding out for the Wii versions sounds like a good suggestion too. So yeah, will probably pass on TC for the time being.

I'm also looking into importing some games. Daigasso! Band Brothers has been praised by a lot of people, and I love quirky music games. I've also heard good things about Eyeshield 21, so I'm interested in that one even though I don't know jack about American Football.
    Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
    « Reply #40 on: July 18, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »

Yeah... so I got a regular DS for my birthday a couple months ago because I did not know about the DS Lite.  So, I sold my DS on ebay recently to fund my DS Lite purchase (a friend told me I'm a dick for selling it, i'd have to agree).

The DS Lite is definitely awesome.  Definitely worth the purchase.

I as well just need more games.  FFIII and new Yoshi's Island cannot come out soon enough to fuel my need to play with my shiny new toy.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
    PSN ID: Akanbe9
    Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
    View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #41 on: August 07, 2006, 02:57:16 AM »

Remember the reports about that crack that would appear on some people's DS Lites? Well, it seems like there's a new type of crack appearing now, and this time they're anything but cosmetical.

Any of you DS Lite owners here had your Lites crack?
    Dade
    Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 10:19:40 AM »

Whoa shit.....thankfully no, but now I'm not letting a friend of mine play it as much; he somehow broke his PS2 four days into owning it.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 10:50:38 AM »

I bought my Ds lite a couple of weeks back - black is officially the coolest console colour ever. My original DS i got for my birthday last year, and it's starting to look a bit old, and its battery seems to be on the way out. But that wasn't why I got it. I just have to buy every Nintendo handheld reissue - i have a gba, gba sp, ds and ds lite now. And I don't know what someone in this thread is talking about when they say the speakers aren't that loud - they go up much higher than on a normal ds.

One more thing. Cauton, if you're going to get the Golden Sun games, you're going to have to enter a looooooooong password to link the two games. The only way around that is to have two gbas and a link cable (which I'm guessing you don't) or to have two gba-owning friends with a link cable.
    Dade
    Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
    « Reply #44 on: August 10, 2006, 11:16:05 AM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
    I bought my Ds lite a couple of weeks back - black is officially the coolest console colour ever.

Dude I know...I just look at my DS and think....why didnt they think of that before! Black is just a sick color for consoles. Hopefully the PS3 will be black.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: