Author Topic: Disgaea 5  (Read 7485 times)

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
Re: Disgaea 5
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:31:13 AM »
Which I imagine it will be at some stage.

Will it? I'm sincerely curious whether or not the Vita actually has that kind of power. It can't even emulate past generation Dynasty Warriors games without severely cutting corners by limiting the fields or drastically cutting the draw distance. From what all I remember those are pretty comparable because while Disgaea doesn't use 3D models or anything, there's supposedly a lot of power being drawn from the console's hardware for calculations, enemy counts, ect. (I seem to recall even as something as basic as D3's tower-based antics had to be done on a PS3 because the PS2 couldn't handle such things alongside the massive amount of data calculations a Disgaea game requires; despite all being 2D Sprite-Based.)

Currently to back this, Disgaea D2 dropped about 2 years ago and there hasn't been a single peep about a Vita port for that. Making me think there's some reason it can't be done until we see whatever the next Sony handheld is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:41:26 PM by ZeronHitaro »

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
D4 got re-released on Vita last year. I figured they skipped D2 due to the lukewarm reception? Anyway, you could be right about D5; you're allowed to have 100 units in your stock and that sounds like a lot for the Vita to manage.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Yeah, that was my thought about the other games as well.  I imagined D5 would make it to Vita somehow, based on those previous experiences.  I tell you what, I use my Vita mostly as a way to play my PS4 games, even though I've got a couple of fun Vita games waiting to be played.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »
Sorry to revive this topic but I have to state something here.

I thought I was all done with the Disgaea franchise. I played all 5 main titles and was gonna sit out on D5. Something pushed me over the edge and I skeptically picked it up.

Now the reason I am reviving this thread is because I am blown away to an extent. Albeit the infancy of my playtime with the title, this game feels like the perfect evolution of everything done thus far with the series and I'm extremely impressed.

Right from the door, it is obvious they have upped the bar in terms of presentation. Even the soundtrack seems a cut above (ironically but a few days ago in another thread I was saying how I really didn't care for the past Disgaea OSTs). Mind you, they didn't do this by abandoning the styles you've come to expect but rather it just feels/looks/sounds perfected here.

The attention to streamlining some of the more obtuse and agitating gameplay mechanics comes as a very welcome amendment. I am really excited to get more time in and see just how much of this has been done as I get deeper in the game.

In short, I'm just really stoked about this. As a fan that felt there was nothing more to be excited about, I have to report this has struck me as really worth my time.

BIGGEST CON SO FAR/ Writing and dialogue. Subjective matter as I've never really appreciated Disgaea for this.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.