« on: October 19, 2015, 01:20:51 PM »
If it's yellow I let it mellow
If it's brown I flush it down

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: Ways in which you save the world
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
^ Even when it's darker, smelly piss?

I smoke my chronic through glass. Don't want to live with the burden of wasting paper/killing too many trees, now!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
If I'm drinking a lot and pissing a lot I don't flush the toilet every single time I go (I'll probably be back again soon, so...).

If I'm brushing my teeth, I don't let the water keep running, I wet the brush and turn it off.

I recycle like everything I can.  Coffee cup lids, bread loaf tabs, etc. 

On the flip side, I use lamps more than big overhead room lights... that probably takes more electricity...??
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
Kept reading the title as "Wars in which you save the world" and thought Yoda had lost his mind, then after natros' post thought it was a joke I just wasn't privy to. It was finally Dice's post that had me re-read the thread title a couple times until I got it.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 02:45:38 PM »
My girlfriend is a maniac.  There are too many ways that she is trying to save the world to list adequately here.

Favorites: Vegan, rides bike to work every day (I do this too though), doesn't drink almond milk because it uses so much water in California (where there is no water), doesn't shop at Kroger because they think it's a good idea to allow people to walk in with loaded assault rifles. Other stuff that involves chakra bowls and Rahkis and other such things that confuse me.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
Kept reading the title as "Wars in which you save the world" and thought Yoda had lost his mind, then after natros' post thought it was a joke I just wasn't privy to. It was finally Dice's post that had me re-read the thread title a couple times until I got it.

To be fair: With Yoda, I always assume it's not to be taken seriously. Hence my first answer (which is still true, btw).

Aside from inhaling through glass, I try to recycle as much as I can (read: feel like) for the weekly pick up. Also, I guess it could be said that I help conserve resources. Although, that is purely and simply because I don't want big bills.

Btw, I really hope that those of you who leave piss in the terlit don't share said terlit.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »
I only do that when I'm here alone. When people are afoot then I go back to normal.

Castle Yoda is a decently clean place

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
-I seperate my trash.

-I avoid throwing food away as much as possible by planning meals days ahead and cooking efficiently.

-I'm a vegetarian.

-My tv and my consoles are on a power strip with a kill switch. No stand-by for them! (Which is why my Xbox thinks it's still 2006.)

-I make sure my clothes last years (oldest thing I my closet is a skirt I bought 12 years ago) and don't mind wearing used clothing. (Actually managed to buy a complete outfit for €3,50 a few weeks ago, which included some brand name stuff, like a G Star Raw shirt.)

-I don't own a car. If I need to go somewhere nearby (<5 km) I use my bicycle, if I need to go farther away, I go by bus and train.

-Sure, I'll use central heating in winter, but only in my living room (plus kitchen and office - those are all connected) and bathroom, and I only turn it up to 18 degrees celsius (15 at night). I'll be cold whether it's 21 or 18 degrees, so I figure I might as well keep my heating bill low.

Ways I'm not saving the world:
-There's some pretty hard to recycle stuff in all those electronics...
-Have you seen my book shelves? There might be a dead forest worth of paper in there...
-Some of my favourite snacks come for the other side of the world.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
We recycle here and most big apartment buildings have recycle bins. However, most people are dumb. When I throw my recyclables in there I regularly see shit that is not recyclable. Luggage. Blocks of wood. Whole electronics. Just weird shit that makes you scratch your head. Plus I have a feeling that the recycle company just throws it all in a dump anyway.

When I was in Berkeley, CA (Not Elizabeth Berkley, I've never been in her) I was impressed with their recycle efforts. In front of restaurants and just on the street they'd have 3 garbage cans. One for waste. One for plastics and cans, and one for paper.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
- Vegetarian

- I don't drive.

- I give to charity.

- I recycle plastic bags and avoid taking them in the first place.

- Try to recycle (although I feel like our recycling dumpster's so misused that it's not actually going through).

- Beat MechaHitler to death with his severed dick like twice.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`