Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 07:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331621 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 2007 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 2007 Edition  (Read 143236 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: December 10, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »

Took me a while to notice this, but I guess your parents never told you this when you were young: calling people names gets you no where.

Says the guy with this text in his title.

I've really got to wonder whether you guys can differentiate between jokes and actual attacks on people. I've seen you guys say the exact same thing about Kay's signature.

Jubby, you giving parenting advice is like me telling women how to handle their menstrual cramps. Except even more inappropriate.

That shit about wanting to strangle kids was ridiculous and I question your intelligence. Keep this shit up and don't be surprised if you find you're no longer welcome here.

How so? Think about it, if a kid has horrible parents, wouldn't you want them to give advice to avoid more horrible parents? I'm assuming you believe that because you don't seem to care about Vanguard attacking me.
Being one of those maladjusted kids doesn't qualify you to give advice.

Took me a while to notice this, but I guess your parents never told you this when you were young: calling people names gets you no where.

Being one of those maladjusted kids doesn't qualify you to give advice.

If I was, wouldn't I be the perfect one to give the advice? It would show him what to avoid. Really, think your posts through sometime.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: December 10, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »

I think the issue is more the appropriateness of the comment. I mean, I know it was partly tongue in cheek, but it could also come off as a bit too much given that it's a picture of a few months old baby, and the other surrounding context: new father, they've been trying for a while, etc., just may have made people think, "why talk about maladjusted kids rather than just celebrate this new milestone."

Anyway, I took a couple of portraits of my youngest sister earlier this morning, trying to learn some things about manual cameras and depth of field and all that good stuff. Not sure what the results will be but may post one or two of the pics. One I'm curious about is a picture I took of her playing the piano which I exposed twice after a few seconds in between.
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: December 10, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »

I think the issue is more the appropriateness of the comment. I mean, I know it was partly tongue in cheek, but it could also come off as a bit too much given that it's a picture of a few months old baby, and the other surrounding context: new father, they've been trying for a while, etc., just may have made people think, "why talk about maladjusted kids rather than just celebrate this new milestone."

This is a much better answer than the others. I have an honest question though: are people actually angry with the joke? If they are I'll delete it if they ask nicely. If that's really all it is, why not just ask that? It's an easy way to defuse most situations
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:11:13 PM by Commander Jubby Shepard » Logged

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: December 10, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »

We shouldn't need to tell you when the comment you posted is so obviously in bad taste. You can write it off as a joke, but I don't remember anyone being amused by it. What's worse, you're acting like you're the calm, collected one when this whole tangent is the result of your misguided post.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:21:03 PM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: December 10, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

We shouldn't need to tell you when the comment you posted is so obviously in bad taste. You can write it off as a joke, but I don't remember anyone being amused by it. What's worse, you're acting like you're the calm, collected one when this whole tangent is the result of your misguided post.

Taste is a matter of opinion. I personally thought it was. If others didn't think it was, you say so. And a one word post is not saying so.

I'm not trying to be the one, but if that's what I am, that's what I am. I'm trying to make sure everyone is on the same page. Often that requires at least one person to be calm. I could just start posting single word sentences if you'd prefer that more to me being calm and collected.

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »

Sure, taste is a matter of opinion. Discretion, however, is not. You know what would have saved you? If you ended you're post with something like, "In all seriousness, congratulations." While nobody would have a different opinion about your "joke" about the ills of corporal punishment, it would have added enough balance to just ignore it and move on.

You're not being the voice of reason. You're trying to defend yourself and being incredibly condescending by asking others to "apologize nicely." Why does anyone here owe you an apology? You posted something out of turn and were called out for it. The onus is on you to make amends.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: December 10, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »

Sure, taste is a matter of opinion. Discretion, however, is not. You know what would have saved you? If you ended you're post with something like, "In all seriousness, congratulations." While nobody would have a different opinion about your "joke" about the ills of corporal punishment, it would have added enough balance to just ignore it and move on.

You're not being the voice of reason. You're trying to defend yourself and being incredibly condescending by asking others to "apologize nicely." Why does anyone here owe you an apology? You posted something out of turn and were called out for it. The onus is on you.

I see what you mean by that first point. I thought it was obvious enough that I meant no harm, but I'll take more care from now on.

I'm not trying to defend the post. I've offered to take it down already. What I'm defending is myself from the personal attacks many of you seem to love. That requires me to point out an alternative method to it. If it didn't, at least one person other than Azrael would have tried another method.

Where did you get apologize nicely from? I'm not trying to get others to at all. You're either reading too far into my posts or not at all.

I'd be more than willing to be called out for it, if any of the calling out's other than Azrael's had some substance.

Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: December 10, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »

I thought it was in your first reply to Azrael before you edited it. I could be wrong. Still, telling us to "ask nicely" to delete is just as condescending.

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: December 10, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »

I thought it was in your first reply to Azrael before you edited it. I could be wrong. Still, telling us to "ask nicely" to delete is just as condescending.

That's all I want. Rather than go in guns blazing, try to be diplomatic first. If it is insulting, I can change it too.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 10, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

I look forward with great anticipation to closing this thread at the end of the year and starting a new one.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: December 10, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »

2008 is going to be a great time
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 10, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

Wait until you see 2009!

—Kurt Vonnegut
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: December 10, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »

You have hi speed internet, three warm meals a day, and a roof over your head.

Yes, your caretakers obviously scarred you for life.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 10, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

So, I was apparently too subtle.  Stow it.  You want to be pissy?  Do it where the rest of us don't have to see.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »

Locking a thread that has pics of dice in a bikini?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: