Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:26:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329308 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 2007 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 2007 Edition  (Read 142471 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2010, 05:16:12 PM »

Awesome - well done, Dice.  I hadn't noticed before, but your avatar actually kind of looks like you...  Must be the glasses.

(I wonder - how many of us here wear glasses?  I bet it's a lot - we stare at screens for long periods of time.)

As they say "If you want a girl who plays video games, be prepared to like dark hair and glasses" raff out roud!

Yeah; I picked it partially because Jihl (they say, again) looks like me...and because her fifteen minutes in-game are awesome.  ...or is that bias?  Either way.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »

I obviously wear glasses.  I've been wearing them since I was 9 years old.  I'm nearsighted.  And since I get allergic reactions to metal, I always have to wear plastic frames.  But because I love punk and metal, I wear cargo pants and put my glasses in a hardcase so they don't get smashed up in the moshpit.  People always tell me I look like a different person when I have my glasses off.  I tried wearing contacts for a while, but I didn't like them very much.  Only glasses for me, thank you. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »

I SHOULD be wearing my glasses. But I don't. I know, i'm naughty. I'm nearsighted, from years of computer screens and small print books.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »

I hated contacts.  If it's SUCH a pain int the ass to wear glasses - save up for laser eye surgery, contacts are poopy.  I hated nothing more than feeling "tired" all the time because my eyes were all dried up.  It takes time to get used to putting em in and taking em out, and they cost a few too many pesos to continuously buy.  I'm *kinda* happy glasses look okay on me, I guess - worst case though, I'll get surgery.

I also have a slight pet-peeve with coloured contact.  Serious.  Purple?  Who are ya trying to kid?  And Asians, we know your eyes aren't blue.  I never liked how fake-obvious coloured contacts were - they (not to point the obvious here) really look like an added layer of eye.
I'm as "interesting" as it gets when it comes to appearance: brown hair, brown eyes.  I'd love green, but the dark, mysterious colour works too!

Worst case scenario - if you hate your eye colour, make a euphemism for it!
....I call mine HONEY brown haha
Or like...STEEL blue.... or PINE green. x)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:01:53 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

Awesome - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about contacts.

Dincrest - I'm lucky.  No allergies to anything - just got those freakin' thick lenses.  When I was a kid, it was all plastic frames because wire frames couldn't handle the lenses.  Yay for crazy polycarbonate plastic super-whatever lenses!

Dice - yeah, the thing that always stops me from getting the surgery is that I know my eyes will just get worse again, and I'll have to get glasses again.  Also, my wife likes how I look with glasses, and obviously, that's the dealmaker right there. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »

Tooker why would they get worse again? I thought the surgery makes your eyesight better forever. In fact it becomes better than an average human's eyesight
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »

The seal of approval I posted elsewhere (for another forum first, now you guys)..  Quite frankly... I dedicate it right now to TurnBasedDude's room haha

Thanks. :)

And now, I have a Sega Saturn for the retro corner (borrowing it though)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »

Tooker why would they get worse again? I thought the surgery makes your eyesight better forever. In fact it becomes better than an average human's eyesight

If we're talking about Lasik surgery, then it depends on where your eyes were in the first place. But the surgery does "wear off" after a while, your eyes will go back to being crappy.

Also keep in mind the Lasik stuff is relatively new- people still don't know if there's any ramifications to be had when you get into old age. Some people think it might increase the chances of cataracts and whatnot. I really wouldn't recommend anybody get the surgery for any aesthetic reasons, it's as shallow as getting plastic surgery.

The only cases I would recommend it is if you have keratoconus/astigmatism, where eyeglasses wouldn't help much/at all. Otherwise, if your glasses work fine, just stick to them.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: September 30, 2010, 04:08:44 AM »

This is me wearing the red shirt.Playing with my friend Donnie some 360 in 2006.Good times.

Since then I lost some weight but not enough.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »

If we're talking about Lasik surgery, then it depends on where your eyes were in the first place. But the surgery does "wear off" after a while, your eyes will go back to being crappy.

I thought that it only goes back to being crappy if your eye condition has a deteriorating rate before the surgery?

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 30, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »

I thought that it only goes back to being crappy if your eye condition has a deteriorating rate before the surgery?

Yeah, that's what I meant.  Let's say I need new glasses every year, because my prescription gets worse every year.  If I get surgery to correct my eyes now, I'm just going to need THINNER glasses than I used to have within a few years.

Thankfully, my eyes have slowed down.  I really did need new glasses every year before, but now I can go up to five years between new ones.  I've worn glasses since I was 7.  Tried contacts twice, didn't really like them either time.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: September 30, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »

Here's me after a night of getting fucked up

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: September 30, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »

On a rooftop patio in Milwaukee.

(on my way to getting fucked up)

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:02 PM »

Yeah, that's what I meant.  Let's say I need new glasses every year, because my prescription gets worse every year.  If I get surgery to correct my eyes now, I'm just going to need THINNER glasses than I used to have within a few years.

Yeah- I think opticians/clinics (some if not most?) try to ensure your prescription is constant for about six months to a year before they perform laser eye surgery. It doesn't mean one won't need spectacles in a few years but if the rate is very slow, at least it won't be a terribly high prescription.

On topic! Latest addition to my hat collection...

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 30, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »

Sweeeet!  I <3 hats a ton, and that's a good one. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: