Author Topic: Reccommend me some PS4 games!

Rook

• View Profile
Re: Reccommend me some PS4 games!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 12:01:30 PM »
Well, the good news is I finally got my PS4 (with Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4), but the bad news is my current TV is too old and sh*tty to handle it. =x  Can anyone recommend a quality 42'' Smart TV within the $200-$300 range?  I'll try to save for it in the coming weeks. x_x

Don't go bargain basement (Element, Westinghouse, Seiki etc.). Often what you find is with the really cheap stuff, their 4Ks looks worse than an avg. 1080p and their 1080p stuff looks worse than a 720p. You'll end up buying a new TV in a year or 2 and so not saving anything. In that price range I love LGs. However any of the established mid-brands (Toshiba, Samsung, Vizio etc.) are very quality. They will also last 10 years.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:05:28 PM by Rook »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
Well, the good news is I finally got my PS4 (with Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4), but the bad news is my current TV is too old and sh*tty to handle it. =x  Can anyone recommend a quality 42'' Smart TV within the $200-$300 range?  I'll try to save for it in the coming weeks. x_x

Congrats on your purchase! You may have to look high and low to find a "quality" 42" in that price range (especially if it's a "Smart TV"), unless you don't mind buying used.

Don't go bargain basement (Element, Westinghouse, Seiki etc.). Often what you find is with the really cheap stuff, their 4Ks looks worse than an avg. 1080p and their 1080p stuff looks worse than a 720p. You'll end up buying a new TV in a year or 2 and so not saving anything. In that price range I love LGs. However any of the established mid-brands (Toshiba, Samsung, Vizio etc.) are very quality. They will also last 10 years.

I agree that you don't want to go super cheap. Like Rook said, you will probably end up with a crappy picture, and some of that good ol' "buyer's remorse". I personally want to like Vizio, but I had one that died in less than 3 years, and a neighbor of mine had one with various picture issues. Could have just been the luck of the draw for us, but I'm not one to gamble... I've had lots of luck with LG and Sony TVs myself, and I've heard great things about Toshiba and Samsung.

WeinCruz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »

Congrats on your purchase! You may have to look high and low to find a "quality" 42" in that price range (especially if it's a "Smart TV"), unless you don't mind buying used.

I agree that you don't want to go super cheap. Like Rook said, you will probably end up with a crappy picture, and some of that good ol' "buyer's remorse". I personally want to like Vizio, but I had one that died in less than 3 years, and a neighbor of mine had one with various picture issues. Could have just been the luck of the draw for us, but I'm not one to gamble... I've had lots of luck with LG and Sony TVs myself, and I've heard great things about Toshiba and Samsung.
I got my TV already. It's a Sharp 43" with Ultra High def, so it should more than suffice.

Anyway, my PSN username is WeinCruz85 if you guys want to add me.  Gonna be playing the hell out of FFXV today. =)

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
I recommend The Dragon Quest series on PS4. So far I'm loving what they've come up with.

Also I recommend Star Ocean. 1. because I did enjoy it and 2. people bash this game way too much, SO4 was way worse if your gonna skip something.

I am Setsuna ain't too bad.

Also buy the PS2 remakes? There's Arc the Lad and Dark Cloud.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
This

That

And these things over here

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:24:53 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.