Author Topic: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!

Electricb7

• View Profile
Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »
I like the simplistic character designs and the hot animal chicks. Thats it.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
Also Arvis, I'm sorry that you're wrong, but Goldpaw has the best town theme. :P

What??  LOL
That's cool you like it, I got pretty annoyed with the Goldpaw theme after a while.  Not enough melody.  Plus the whole town is dumb and full of idiots!  So that didn't endear the place to me at all, despite the amazing design.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »
If it's any consolation, Capstan is probably my second favorite so far.  I just got to Broadleaf and actually don't like that theme at all, despite another cool town design.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
But the dungeon in Goldpaw has an awesome theme, at least.  Very unusual and fun, especially considering it's still Hisaishi.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

mooserocka

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »
So how is the game so far? I am holding off from buying it until i see more reviews,

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2018, 06:47:15 AM »
So how is the game so far? I am holding off from buying it until i see more reviews,
Divisive? Some people are really loving it and I've seen some people who it really did not click for at all.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »
Divisive? Some people are really loving it and I've seen some people who it really did not click for at all.

The people that hate it are a very small minority, but they really hate it.  My theory is that they were expecting something more like Dark Souls with the gameplay?  No idea, really.

It's stopped at 85 on Metacritic with 79 total reviews, so I'm not sure how many more reviews you're going to get.  Of those 79, only 10 are below 8.

But the dungeon in Goldpaw has an awesome theme, at least.  Very unusual and fun, especially considering it's still Hisaishi.
Sorry, I meant the dungeon in Broadleaf, of course. @Marshmallow

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »
This game is enjoyable, the town design is top-notch, and it's probably the closest I'm going to get to another Suikoden game, sadly.  On the other end, the story seems pretty shallow so far and I'm roflstomping everything in combat, but it does make for a nice, relaxing experience.

Also Arvis, I'm sorry that you're wrong, but Goldpaw has the best town theme. :P
I concede that the story is somewhat shallow, but the characters are well defined and entertaining, so I found myself caring about the narrative.  Even the villain gets some development, but I think his motivations could've been foreshadowed better.  Aside from those two issues, I do think that the story was a solid overall.  It was helped by the fact that I really dig the British vernacular interspersed throughout the game.

Also, I have to say I really like the boss music that you hear throughout the game.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
Its got bland characters. An insulting plot that you are thrown into. Comically easy gameplay. Obscure amounts of text that disappears quickly as if it were supposed to be read by the Flash, and an alarming amount of missing cut scenes and voice acting. 5 enemy types with a wide range of colors. Wide open fields to explore filled with rich oxygen and nothingness.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Even if it got down in price to where the first game was $5.
This isn't better than the first game. The great reviews still kinda annoy me.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
Lolololololol

So much salt.

I think the game is v good and totally would recommend it to anyone looking for whimsical jrpg adventure. Also, the game is only easy for the first half or so. Itís gotta a little challenging especially in the dreamers doors and tainted monsters. Definitely more than 5 enemy types. 😂😂

How far did you even get? I donít know how you could hate a game that has absolutely amazing airship music.

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »
I got my Kingdom to level 2 and said I dont want to play this overhyped game anymore. I was lvl 28 completely destroying everything in sight.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
I just fought a Tainted Monster this weekend that was one level below my characters and it was one-shotting them.