Author Topic: Romancing SaGa 2 iOS/Android/Vita Port

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Romancing SaGa 2 iOS/Android/Vita Port
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:41:02 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/romancing-saga-2-coming-ps-vita-smartphones Oh lord YES!!!!!

Now if only we can actually get this out here, I might just be able to play this in a language I can understand before 2020 (and in more legal means).

Also, http://gematsu.com/2015/12/saga-creator-information-new-game-remake-port-more-coming-soon

a minor update on that actual new SaGa game.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
  • the spookiest driest boy
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
Re: Romancing SaGa 2 iOS/Android/Vita Port
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:02 AM »
Squeenix, ya killin' me. Please quit releasing endless alternatives of FF4 and localize this instead.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
Minstrel Song's probably my favorite saga game so if they gussy up RS2 like that I'd be happy.

... I still need to find an SNES AC adapter to see if that copy of RS2 SNES I got works.

... Also note to self you're only allowed to play TW3 and STHA don't get distracted by Minstrel Song ffs.

... the dulcet tones of Masayoshi Yamazaki compel me...
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Der Jermeister

• Journey of the Cursed Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:02:08 PM »
Not a big fan of SaGa but I did like the WSC remake of the first game and the fan-translated DS remake of the second, though the latter is a little grindy towards the end.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »
So... do I need to play the first one before I can play this one?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 10:57:43 AM »
Squeenix, ya killin' me. Please quit releasing endless alternatives of FF4 and localize this instead.

QFE. QFT.

I am so tired of FF4, and I actually love that game.

Give me something I've never played plzzzzz!

Der Jermeister

• Journey of the Cursed Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
I think these games have nothing to do with one another plot-wise, so you probably won't miss anything by not playing the first.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »
I think these games have nothing to do with one another plot-wise, so you probably won't miss anything by not playing the first.

Excellent. *adds to List*
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »
Yup, in true Squeenix fashion, each SaGa takes place in a separate world with shared mechanics and vague concepts. I love a lot of these games but RS2 and 3 are arguably the best the series has to offer.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »
Yup, in true Squeenix fashion, each SaGa takes place in a separate world with shared mechanics and vague concepts. I love a lot of these games but RS2 and 3 are arguably the best the series has to offer.

The remake of Romancing 1 is also up there, but yeah. For the longest time, Romancing 2 was considered to be the best SaGa game for those who knew about it.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 06:22:18 PM »
I felt something was lost in the remake
 It restored a lotta cut content but implemented a hidden time limit that hampered exploration. It was more playable but felt less mysterious. It was still an excellent game though.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
I'm definitely liking the lush 2D graphics in the recent news story and would also hope to see this in English for iOS or Vita.  No more FF4!  No more FF4!  http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/4232.html

I'm also intrigued by SaGa: Scarlet Grace, the Vita exclusive. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:19:13 PM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

MeshGearFox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
I felt something was lost in the remake
 It restored a lotta cut content but implemented a hidden time limit that hampered exploration. It was more playable but felt less mysterious. It was still an excellent game though.

My experience with RS1 is that I started as Sil, spent too long grinding accidentally (I wasn't even trying to grind, the monster spam just kind of forces you to), and shut off the main quest line after finishing the first dungeon because the guy I was supposed to meet on the boat stopped existing.

Beyond that it's just a game about moving extremely slowly through huge, empty areas. So I mean glitches (time limit?) aside, I'd managed to lose interest with the SNES version before I even hit the first dungeon.
o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »
I would hope glitches like that are fixed in the updated version.  I'm sure we've all played enough games that glitched like that and left us in limbo, locked out, in some kind of infinite loop, or a digital Sisyphus situation.  Plenty of indie games have done that to me, either due to bugs or due to poor design. 

Although this has nothing to do with bugs or glitches, I remember Lute's quest in SaGa Frontier where you could stumble upon the final boss in 10 minites due to the vague plot direction.  My favorite quests were Red's and Emilia's.
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

MeshGearFox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
I would hope glitches like that are fixed in the updated version.  I'm sure we've all played enough games that glitched like that and left us in limbo, locked out, in some kind of infinite loop, or a digital Sisyphus situation.  Plenty of indie games have done that to me, either due to bugs or due to poor design. 

Although this has nothing to do with bugs or glitches, I remember Lute's quest in SaGa Frontier where you could stumble upon the final boss in 10 minites due to the vague plot direction.  My favorite quests were Red's and Emilia's.

RS3 had bugs but they weren't really TOO bad -- like I think any RS3 issue with NPCs not spawning could be fixed by leaving and re-entering the area? afaik RS2 would be similar. It's just RS1 that's crazy glitchin'.

Unless that wasn't a glitch I hit and just some draconian timer kicked off by accidentally grinding too much.
o/` I do not dream o/`