Author Topic: Ys VIII

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: Ys VIII
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »
Ys should just be everywhere for everyone because it is SO FUCKING AWESOME.
Sir I applaud your logic and eagerly await more of your amazing ideas!

TASTY!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »
Ys is perfect for Vita (also perfect for everything in every way all the time)
But it's better for the ps4!

Why? I can play Ys on my break at work.

You can't blame the handheld because you have giant skull crusher hands!

Vita is win!
I counter with using remote play from the PS4 to the Vita allowing the superior play on the PS4 when home without sacrificing the portability of the Vita!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2017, 02:51:10 AM »
Demo's out in North America.

TASTY!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2017, 06:30:50 AM »
Is there any bonus for completing the demo?

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
Wooo! Got Ys VIII a day early!!!

Andvari

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »
Ys VIII has been delayed for the PC. It has been confirmed through Steam Here is the article from Steam:

Hello Everyone,

We regret to inform everyone that the release date for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on PC has been pushed back due to continued efforts in improving gameplay quality.

We sincerely apologize to our fans who have been looking forward to this release. Ultimately, our goal is for fans to enjoy a high-quality game. We are providing the extra care in the PC development of the game by taking time to enhance the overall quality of gameplay.

If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like to get a refund, please use the link provided below for instructions on requesting a refund:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966&l=

For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.

A new release date will be announced as soon as it is available.

Thank you for your time, support, and patience with this matter.

Best,
NISA Team

I'll make a separate thread for this you can delete this post if you want.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:37:19 PM by Andvari »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2017, 07:33:27 PM »
Ys VIII has been delayed for the PC. It has been confirmed through Steam Here is the article from Steam:

Hello Everyone,

We regret to inform everyone that the release date for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on PC has been pushed back due to continued efforts in improving gameplay quality.

We sincerely apologize to our fans who have been looking forward to this release. Ultimately, our goal is for fans to enjoy a high-quality game. We are providing the extra care in the PC development of the game by taking time to enhance the overall quality of gameplay.

If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like to get a refund, please use the link provided below for instructions on requesting a refund:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966&l=

For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.

A new release date will be announced as soon as it is available.

Thank you for your time, support, and patience with this matter.

Best,
NISA Team

I'll make a separate thread for this you can delete this post if you want.

XSeeD. Accept no substitutes.

But then, I went and misread the announcement as Ys VIII delayed to unannounced fate. So really, its unfortunate, but I'm not surprised given how many times XSeeD had to delay their releases to make sure everything worked right *cough*TitS SC*cough*.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

But then, I went and misread the announcement as Ys VIII delayed to unannounced fate. So really, its unfortunate, but I'm not surprised given how many times XSeeD had to delay their releases to make sure everything worked right *cough*TitS SC*cough*.
...I can't tell whether you are unaware of the fact that NISA is responsible for Ys VIII (despite the post you quoting saying NISA in the signature spot) or are aware and are just referencing them because they used to be involved with Ys. O.o

Andvari

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
I would rather they delay the game then release it and have it run rough.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »

...I can't tell whether you are unaware of the fact that NISA is responsible for Ys VIII (despite the post you quoting saying NISA in the signature spot) or are aware and are just referencing them because they used to be involved with Ys. O.o
I'm surprised they passed on this game, actually.  My guess is that they either got outbid by NISA or their slate was full and couldn't take the project on.  Considering all the PC releases they've done of late, I'm thinking the latter.  I just hope that they do Trails of Cold Steel III.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2017, 11:42:34 PM »

I'm surprised they passed on this game, actually.  My guess is that they either got outbid by NISA or their slate was full and couldn't take the project on.  Considering all the PC releases they've done of late, I'm thinking the latter.  I just hope that they do Trails of Cold Steel III.
They wanted it . Nisa outbid them on Ys VIII. Now we get a bland translation, but hey the weebs get their beloved Japanese audio.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:46:54 PM by Chronix112 »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2017, 11:58:27 PM »

Very aware.

Also because NISA's track record hasn't been the best in regards to localizations (I think one of the Ateilers (Shalie IIRC) had a glitch where you couldn't access the character progression system initially, and Mugen Souls Z had some kind of gamebreaker as well).

XSeeD hasn't been perfect either but theirs' have been labours of love (again TitS SC and the fact that they spent so much time working out the bugs as well as implementing individual chest dialogue despite the fact that the game wasn't nearly as friendly to the novelty as TitS FC was).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:21 AM »
Someone explain the $60 price tag on a PS4 game that looks like a PS2 game.  I get that this was primarily developed with the VITA in mind, but...  I don't know. I guess I expected it to look a little better.

Anyone also think it's funny that that Ricotta loli character has a swimsuit outfit that's more modest than her default?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »
Someone explain the $60 price tag on a PS4 game that looks like a PS2 game.  I get that this was primarily developed with the VITA in mind, but...  I don't know. I guess I expected it to look a little better.

Outside of the Vita part that you already answered, the YS has never been a series that put graphics over gameplay.  90% of the series is sprite based and looks like they would run on a PS1.  Whats more important is that it plays at 60fps since fast combat is a big part of the series.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:25:04 PM by ScottC »

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
The colors in this game are so vibrant. I love it. Graphics are lacking, but that is cool because the game runs sooo silky smooth. I've been having a blast playing this. Not sure I like Dogi's fashion choice for this adventure. =\