Author Topic: Awesome Handmade Video Game Stuff

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Handmade Video Game Stuff
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 02:02:02 PM »
#1: I will pay you for a Nintendo bracelet Tomara.  I will pay for your materials and time and shipping to the U.S. if you're willing to put in the work.  And if not that's ok too. 

#2: this is as artsy as I get

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
Here's the katamari, with a few things stuck to it.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:17:41 PM by Tooker »
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

IndoorBoy

• Game Center CX Section Chief
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • IndoorBoy
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
Holy shit...you rock.

Think there is enough time for my mom to make me one of those totoros before Christmas ? :0

This is all awesome. Now my secret plan has been revealed! I will just steal all of everybody's amazing ideas for myself! Expect to see this all on my Etsy page!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:23:45 PM by IndoorBoy »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »

Think there is enough time for my mom to make me one of those totoros before Christmas ? :0

Christmas next year, probably.

The blanket itself isn't that big and I have made blankets that size in less than a week, but making and sewing together all the squares adds a lot of hours. Three three of us worked on it for three solid days and someone still had to take it home with her and finish it.

The Blanket Brigade has failed more than a few sanity checks...

"You'll burn your fingers on a project that big!"
"Don't care. We're already extra crispy."

#1: I will pay you for a Nintendo bracelet Tomara.  I will pay for your materials and time and shipping to the U.S. if you're willing to put in the work.  And if not that's ok too. 

Would you be willing to trade? I like trades, because I'll end up with something with a story as well. More fun that way. Maybe you already have a PS2/DS/PSP/PS3 game you could trade or something. We can figure something. Kinda depends on what you feel the bracelet it worth (because I have no idea what to ask for it).

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »
Would trade PS3/PS2/PS1 stuff (and I have a vita game that might be worth something, maybeprobablynot) but aren't region locks an issue for the older two? My collection of PS3 titles is much smaller.

I will message you a list of things I'm willing to part with if you'd like. 

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
Would trade PS3/PS2/PS1 stuff (and I have a vita game that might be worth something, maybeprobablynot) but aren't region locks an issue for the older two? My collection of PS3 titles is much smaller.

I will message you a list of things I'm willing to part with if you'd like. 

My PlayStation is, eh, somewhat different (it was totally legal back then and I only ever use its now forbidden power for imports, never bootlegs!) and I have a NTSC U/C PS2, so region locks aren't a problem :)

divingfalcons

• Honorary Blue Rogue
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Awesome Video Game Birthday Stuff
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:31 PM »
I need that Dragon Quest paper. That is so neat.

I've never had anything handmade for me that's gaming related for Christmas, but I did make Chocobo and Moogle cupcakes for my friend's 20th last year. And they were damn delicious.

I also share my date of birth with Secret of Mana's NA release date. That's pretty cool I think.

As in "Got it for a birthday straight from the shipping crate." or "NAers have been playing it literally as long as you've been a thing."?

As for the B-Day cake pan, you'll have to remind me in a couple of weeks (although I haven't put that much effort into a B-day cake for years now).

The latter.

Ahhhh all the knitted stuff is adorable. I need to get back into sewing and baking next year.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
I have a lame family that couldn't really care less about my hobbies.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Video Game Birthday Stuff
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »
I need that Dragon Quest paper. That is so neat.

I've never had anything handmade for me that's gaming related for Christmas, but I did make Chocobo and Moogle cupcakes for my friend's 20th last year. And they were damn delicious.

I also share my date of birth with Secret of Mana's NA release date. That's pretty cool I think.

As in "Got it for a birthday straight from the shipping crate." or "NAers have been playing it literally as long as you've been a thing."?

The latter.

Ahhhh all the knitted stuff is adorable. I need to get back into sewing and baking next year.

I guess I now know why you have that Flammie avatar.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.