Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327346 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rogue Builds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rogue Builds  (Read 2042 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:08:05 PM »

So I know we have a couple rogues in here....even if most of them only post once in a great while (ZOMG ARK COUGH COUGH SPUTTER HACK WHEEZE).

Anyway...this is what I'm gonna be going with:

Combat Sword Spec

Anyway....thoughts? Is Mutilate good or as horrid as the WoW forums say? Or should I just stick with what I know is effective?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »

Well if your almost 60...and it sounds like your a fairly good player in the first place....you can always just switch spec, try it out, and if it doesnt work, switch back...

Course depends on your earnings...*shrug*  I used to do a combat sword spec, but that was before the first rogue redux and stuff, and I only got him to about 30, so I cant really say myself.

If I ever got back in *need job for the money* I could offer assistance, but for now, what is said above is my guess.

EDIT: Ok so I actually spent some time looking through the build, and the talents, and I think thats a pretty good spec if your going combat sword.  As for Mutilate and Suprise attack, the one difference I see is the automatic usage of Suprise attack so long as you have the combo points, compared to being behind and having your target poisoned. Cause if your target isnt poisoned, then your Mutilate is fairly worthless since 44 extra on each, while ok, probably doesnt add up to the 8% from suprise.  But again, I cant say for sure since I have never reached sixty, and I havnt played in a bit.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:14:18 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
But again, I cant say for sure since I have never reached sixty, and I havnt played in a bit.

Thanks man for the input. Oh and if you ever decide to rejoin the game....you'll have a nice home on Norgannon or Dark Iron.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »

Yeah I know, not like I can really offer any real suggestion since ive never made endgame, but like I said, ive played on and off since april 05, so ive learned a few bits here and there.

And yeah, like I had mentioned in the other thread, ill probably wait till BC comes out, and just start as a BE on Norg, since I think Norg is horde..*shrug*

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 04:40:31 AM »

I've seen both combat dagger and combat sword work in a raid situation. Personally, I like daggers. However, I do use swords during the grind for the most part then switch to combat dagger for raiding at endgame. Makes the effort a little less painful.

Assuming you're going for a raiding rogue, deflection is only good for the grind. A good tank won't allow you to hold the aggro, which makes those points in deflection and lightning reflexes kind of useless in raids. Good for the grind, useless for the raid.

This is the build I use for raiding. It's a 15/36/0 build. Haven't had a complaint about it yet. High sustained damage, one of the best DPS builds.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=w0xfoLZGcVbMEz0roMo

I don't remember the code to bury a link in a phrase, maybe someone can help me? Hah. Anyway! Many builds work in a raid, and if the build you choose is effective and you enjoy it, why not? You can always change it if it becomes a problem somehow. Plus, in a few weeks, builds will change with the introduction of ten more talent points.

As for mutilate... it isn't worthless, but there are better builds for both PvP and raid. Which.. I guess kind of makes it worthless.   o.0
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »

So, I'm going to pick this game up again, and I have a level 45 Rogue. I have all 36 of my talent points back, and all I want is a good, well balanced build to exp with until 60(or 70 I guess). Any advice?

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 01:18:17 AM »

Combat Swords is awesome for leveling.

Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:02:54 AM »

Combat swords is the best for grinding. Once you hit 60/70 though, you might want to rethink the position.

Right now no one can say for sure since no one knows what kind of swords or daggers will be out with the expansion. For all I know, combat dagger rogues might get shafted with an outbreak of bad ass fast swords. I do know that Blizzard is including red gear (step ABOVE legendary) with the expansion. Daggers or swords that buff you and your grandma? Hell yes.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »

Quote from: "Valthrudnir"
I do know that Blizzard is including red gear (step ABOVE legendary) with the expansion.

At this point, artifacts are unlikely

I keep up to date on beta news and discussion and I haven't really seen any real information of them yet.  I just don't see it happening yet.  Maybe not even ever.

There has been some items floating around the web from people who got information from data mining.  Most of them are fake or GM weapons.  There really isn't a way to know what the stats or status (legendary, epic, etc) of the item is until it's introduced.  That's why there may have had pictures of Tier 4, 5, new epics, Ashbringer, etc without knowing the actual stats of the item.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:36:31 PM »

Because its Dade...I'll actually post :P

I'm a raider/BG rogue...so I'm kinda middle man when it comes to specs. I tend to try and balance myself out so that I'm still doing good dps in raids, but I'm not gimped in BGs. I have AQR and TF as my swords and I'm practically full Combat.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZG0Edr0zxrGRt

That's my normal build. I've recently gone and respec to Hemo spec just to see how much difference it is...I haven't had a chance to BG with it yet though. But as you can see, I probably won't do as much damage as the other rogues (though, with the gear difference, I probably won't be too far behind), but I have a lot of BG tricks up my sleeves that keep me alive.

Bottom line is, whatever you're most comfortable playing is the spec you want. I couldn't live without Riposte...so I won't lol
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

Ah, so I'm shut down in my hopes. I suppose yet another lesson in taking anything not on a Blizzard run site with a grain of salt. The thread makes a lot of good points about current legendary items though (of what I've read).

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Carry on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: