Author Topic: Completion List 2016

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Completion List 2016
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 03:21:34 PM »
1. Trails in the Sky SC
2. Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
3. Legend of Legacy

Stella Glow - That was... a lot better than I expected. When I noticed some huge Madoka fan was trying to fuse Ar Tonelico and Luminous Arc, I feared the worst. However, it turned out to be an SRPG with engaging battles and atleast some self-respect. I mean, sure, it had a female ninja dressed in a fishnet kimono and bikini that was atleats five sizes too small, and yes, conducting and tuning were totally allusions to sex, but there was so much more room to be sleazy and they kept themselves in check. Somewhat, anyway. ... I'm not sure how that is a compliment... Anyway, battles fun were and I love how colourful they made the world. I'm even considering replaying it to max all the not!social links and get a different character ending. (I went with Sakuya's the first time around, which turned out to be great fun.)

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
^ Exactly how I felt about Lord of Magna. The game is about gathering a bunch of magical girls in a family-owned inn and letting your best friend convince them to be maids, and yet the game is INCREDIBLY tame given the premise. Hell, most of the girls' magical girl costumes are quite practical.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »
1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin (SLOG)
2. Final Fantasy III

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 07:04:39 PM »
Darksiders
Wild Arms

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Great game. Way too short though.

Managed to finish 2 games this weekend. Yay me.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »
You beat SotN (upside down castle included) in a day?

impressive

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »
I made the mistake of starting Xenoblade Chronicles X this year, so if I can have that on my completion list by December I'll call it a win.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »
1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin (SLOG)
2. Final Fantasy III

3. Half-minute Hero - what a silly silly waste of time. Fun in spurts (though I guess that was the point).

ultra7k

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
1.) King's Quest Ep.1/2
2.) History Legends of War: Patton (Platinum)
3.) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Platinum)
4.) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum)

Just wrapped up DOTT. Haven't played this game since I had it on DOS back in the day (non-talkie version). Basically, everything was exactly how I remembered it, but just prettier. X-COM on Vita has got my interest, but not before I beat Fire Emblem Fates....Yes, I got side tracked from Trails SC again!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 05:24:19 AM »
1. Trails in the Sky SC
3. Legend of Legacy
4. Stella Glow

5. Nights of Azure. Aw, that was sweet. I like how the game treated the couple as a regular boy-girl videogame couple instead of going yuri fanservice to the max. It was fun to play as well. The fighting mechanics aren't exactly complex and there number of enemy types of very limited, but it plays very smoothly. The only thing I didn't like was the quality of the translation. Characters sometimes speak in rather unnatural/disconnected ways, and Koei Tecmo didn't even bother to put subtitles where the characters are speaking but there are no text boxes. On th eplus side, you don't miss because these untranslated bits are just generic final boss speak and such.

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 06:37:44 AM »
1. Lost
2. Bulletstorm
3. Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
4. Red Faction: Armageddon
5. Persona 4 Golden
6. Ico
7. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

8. Atelier Escha & Logy
I felt the time limit was a bit too lenient. I was left with nothing to do at the end of most assignments after clearing all the optional tasks. I did enjoy the game though. Looking forward to Atelier Sophie.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 08:54:36 AM »
1. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
2. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
3. Evoland 2
4. Borderlands 2

5. Danganronpa
6. The Witness

7. Hyperdevotion Noire - Final boss was bullshit. Even moreso than any of the other bullshit final bosses in the HD Neptunia games. 9,999 hp and had a bunch of wide AoE attacks that did anywhere from 300-1000 damage per hit (for reference, went into battle with a HPx1.5 bonus and the most hp any character had was about 1800, most were below 1000) and could attack twice each round. Not only that, but most attacks (at level 65-70) did only 1 damage until you could whittle her VIT and MEN to at least -20%. Oh well, I managed to inch my way through it and got the Good Ending. Despite the flaws, I still think its one of the better HD games out there.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 10:51:20 PM »
1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
2. Final Fantasy III
3. Half-Minute Hero
4. Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

I've been all over the place with my play choices this year.

In that spirit, I think I'll finally pop in one of the Atelier Iris trilogy games I bought almost 10 years ago.

ugh... just... sigh...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:37:04 PM by glassjawsh »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »
1. Radiant Historia

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Over 200 hours put into this game from January until last night.  Although it's probably one of my all-time favorite games ever, I can't give it a 10/10 because of some of its very real design issues.  They're minor, but they do seriously affect the experience, so i can't say it's a flawless game.  In general, though, where it all matters, Xenoblade X is a mind-blowing experience.

Incoming - Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 02:40:53 PM »
1. Trails in the Sky SC
3. Legend of Legacy
4. Stella Glow
5. Nights of Azure.

6. We Know the Devil
I needed something to fill a spot in a magazine ASAP, so I was like "To the Steam Mobile!" and grabbed the first visual novel that met these requirements:
-less than two months old
-not made in Japan
-under 10
-not too time-consuming
-not erotic
-not in early access

We Know the Devil is a short visual novel about bad kids who're bad because society says they are. It's about rejection, love and self acceptance. At summercamp in surrealistic version of our own world a group teens has to fend of the devil in an old cabin in the woods, which is easier said then done when there are arcade rituals to follow and the whole thing seems meaningless anyway. Worse, there are three of them, and the world is not kind to groups of three. One will be left out and it's for you to decide who that will be.

The writing is at times obtuse (punctuation and proper grammar are sacrified to simulate the way teenagers raised by the internet speak), but I would be lying if I said the game didn't leave an impression. While not everyone will be all that interested in the LGBT problems the teens are trying to face, the themes are actually very universal. Trying to be normal and failing again and again hurts. Nobody wants to chose between rejecting yourself or being rejected by society, but sometimes you have to lose something in order to gain something else. The true ending is pretty morbid but offers relief at the same time.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 10:09:57 AM »
You beat SotN (upside down castle included) in a day?

impressive

No... can't claim the fame. I had just meant that I had finally finished two games, which just happened to occur in the same weekend. In regards to SotN, I wasn't aware at the time of my posting here that there were multiple endings, or even a second castle. Mesh explained it to me in the game journal thread a while back. I did finally finish the second castle this past weekend, so now I really can add it to this list here.
About 2/3 of the way through the second castle (which I found to be a little challenging at a few points), I received the game-breaking weapon that is the Crissaegrim, and quickly finished things up and defeated Dracula. Nice to be done with it.