Author Topic: Completion List 2016

ultra7k

• View Profile
Re: Completion List 2016
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2016, 05:58:35 PM »
1.) King's Quest Ep.1/2
2.) History Legends of War: Patton (Platinum)
3.) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Platinum)
4.) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum)
5.) Stranger of Sword City (Platinum)
6.) Trails in the Sky SC
7.) Stella Glow
8.) Adventures of Mana (Platinum)
9.) Trails of Cold Steel (Platinum)
10.) Ys: Memories of Celceta (Platinum)
11.) Final Fantasy X HD
12.) Final Fantasy X-2 HD
13.) Ys I & II Chronicles
14.) Trails of Cold Steel II (Platinum)

Just wrapped up ToCS II, for whatever reason those last ending scenes hit me with a bit of an oomph - and that last image was very idyllic and representative of how I felt of the two games as a whole. ToCS II felt like it dragged in some parts, but overall it was still a very solid experience - the lingering memories it leaves you with, the what ifs and could have beens for me was on par with P4G. The initial run on Normal mode took me about 64.5 hours, so I'll be going in for the platinum run now - hopefully I can do it in around 20 by skipping dialogue and inane side quests that don't need doing.

Just looking at my play list this year, it was very Falcom oriented 5 (6 if you count YS I/II as separate games). I am super excited that Ys Origins is going to be coming to the Vita. I've almost pulled the trigger on it a couple times, but glad I waited. Waiting in the wings for after I get the platinum trophy - Lara Croft Go, Assassin's Creed Chronicles, Darkest Dungeon - but not necessarily in that order.

Ugh, I just want more Trails games. I am left feeling satisfied, but also wanting more. I suppose it's a good thing.

Edit: Couldn't sleep, so I figured I'd go ahead and try and platinum Cold Steel II. Success!

Total game time was 75:24, which is considerably less than CS I. Really happy they didn't have another 100 hour trophy. It's amazing to think of all the time I've spent playing the LoH series on Vita. I forget how many hours it was to complete Trails in the Sky FC/SC (well over 120) plus another 175 for Cold Steel...That puts it at a cool 295-300 hours between the four games. Yet, I am left wanting more...

On to Lara Croft Go next as a palate cleanser.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:09:57 AM by ultra7k »

ultra7k

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »
1.) King's Quest Ep.1/2
6.) Trails in the Sky SC
7.) Stella Glow
11.) Final Fantasy X HD
15.) Lara Croft Go (Platinum)

Just rolled credits on Lara Croft Go for Vita. Originally started playing this on iOS when it came out, but hey, if it has trophies I'm going to play it on Vita. It's a great puzzle game - and I love me some Tomb Raider. Always thought it would have been nice to have an actual Tomb Raider game on the Vita, but I guess this is as close as it gets. Nice little experience to take a break from lengthy RPGs.

Going to move on to Yomawari next, unsure if I'll grab the platinum on it, but I might give it a shot. If I play hard, maybe I can get to 16 completed games by the end of the year.

ultra7k

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
1.) King's Quest Ep.1/2
6.) Trails in the Sky SC
7.) Stella Glow
11.) Final Fantasy X HD
16.) Yomawari: Night Alone (Platinum)

Rolled credits on Yomawari - game is legitimately creepy, and definitely gets that survival horror feel down pat. Game was fairly easy though, and would have had the platinum a lot faster if not for stupid playtime requirements for the final trophy.

Doing some digging on the internet revealed a lot of back story that is probably culturally significant in Japan, and is not revealed directly to the player if they don't know about it. Of course, this game is more of a show than tell, and I think it does it quite well - and it does give you a few jumps here and there as well as send shivers down your spine. I'd imagine that playing with headphones yields the best result, especially given the atmosphere of the game, but  I'm too much of a coward for that.

Next on the dock - Darkest Dungeon, Assassin's Creed Chronicles, X-Com or World of Final Fantasy - but I'm not sure which is going to grab my attention.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »
1. Radiant Historia
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
4. Banished
5. Stardew Valley
6. Valkyria Chronicles
---
7. Tales of Graces f

Overall and 8/10 game, I'd say.
The cast of characters is probably the strongest I've experienced in a Tales game.  Unfortunately, Graces is probably the grindiest of all Tales games, too.  All of the mechanics seem tailored towards making the player spend ungodly amounts of time unlocking things.  The game also does a bad job explaining its various mechanics, like weapon/armor crafting.
Despite that, though, I don't think there was anything in the game that I didn't have fun with.  Fun battles, decent story, great skits, and the best win quotes in the franchise.  Just that would be enough to make this a Tales entry worth playing.

Up Next:  Pokemon Sun (and hopefully finishing Atelier Rorona and Final Fantasy III)
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »
1. Trails in the Sky SC
2. Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
3. Legend of Legacy
4. Stella Glow
5. Nights of Azure.
6. We Know the Devil
7. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
8. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
9. Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
10. Stranger of Sword City
11. Atelier Sophie
12. Zelda Picross
13. 10000000
14. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
15. Quell Reflect
16. Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden
17. Beyond Eyes
18a-d. Space Pilgrim Episode I-IV
19. I am Setsuna
20. An Octave Higher
21. Ben There, Dan That!
22. Please don't touch anything
23. Legend of Mysteria
24. Over the Hills and Far Away
25. Postmortum: One Must Die
26. This Starry Midnight We Make
27. Sins of the Demon
28. Cubicle Quest
29. Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-
30. Her Story
31. Time Gentemen, Please!
32. The Cat lady
33. Phantasy Star IV
34. Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
35. A New Beginning
36. Millennium 2: Take Me Higher
37. Suits: A Business RPG
38. Princess Maker 2 Refine
39. Paper Mario: Color Splash

40. Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~
Nice little first chapter of what could be a longer detective visual novel series, but I really wish one of the murders was more medically sound.
Spoiler: show
(Offing someone by shutting off their insuline pump, while they're in a freakin' hospital, is a very slow and unreliable way of murdering someone. An overdose on the other hand... Seriously, the only reason that person died is because they were in the worst hospital ever.)

Steam stuff:
41. LISA
42. Lily & Sasha
43. Tomb of Tyrants

44. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
That was very Shonen Manga Tensei. Not that I really minded the optimism and happy ending the Bonds path provided, it's just a little unexpected from a main serie MegaTen in which 'neutral' means 'stay of execution'. Regardless, I really enjoyed the game. Well, aside from the final dungeon. That one felt more like a lame bonus dungeon - tacked on, too big to be fun and made from recycled stuff.

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
1. Lost
2. Bulletstorm
3. Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
4. Red Faction: Armageddon
5. Persona 4 Golden
6. Ico
7. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
8. Atelier Escha & Logy
9. Etrian Odyssey Untold
10. Tomb Raider (PS4)
11. Sleeping Dogs
12. Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
13. Adventure Bar Story.
14. Parascientific Escape: Cruise on the Distant Seas
15. The Walking Dead: Michonne
16. Atelier Sophie
17. Zero Time Dilemma.
18. Hyper Devotion Noire
19. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
20. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
21. Infamous: Second Son
22. Stein's Gate
23. Mystery Detective
24. Mystery Detective 2
25. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
26. Another Code
27. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

28. Undertale

I really liked it.

29. Bloodborne
Lots of fun. It was weird not having a shield. Took a while to get used to the fast pace of the game. Beat every boss. There were a few Chalice bosses which gave me a lot of trouble. Completely burned out now but I may get the DLC in the future.

30. Monster Hunter Generations
You can now play as cats, which are surprisingly fun. It was nice revisiting old villages from past games. The amount of gathering quests this time around was ridiculous. I am using Sword and Shield as always. I will probably be playing the online for a good while yet.

31. Hitman Go
Loads of fun. Some levels were difficult to get certain challanges in but I managed to beat it all without looking for the answers online. Never expected to enjoy it as much as I did. Got slightly burned out near the end but it is an easy game to pick back up for a level or two every few days.

32. Actual Sunlight
I didn't really enjoy it that much. Not saying it is bad or anything but it is just not really my kind of game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy with the amount of games I beat this year. I think my backlog actually decreased for a change.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2016, 12:21:16 AM »
1. Bravely Default

Well, end of the year is here and my backlog's barely moved thanks to real life. Mostly stuck to handheld games this year but even there I didn't do too much. Hoping I'll have more free time in 2017.

2. Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword
3. Fire Emblem (7)
4. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
5. Fire Emblem: Awakening
6. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Went on a binge here, but I did try some new things with the games I replayed. Got the real ending for FE6, screwed with characters I normally don't use in FE7, and I've actually never beaten FE8 or Awakening.
As for Fates, only got about a third of the way through Conquest so far. That'll probably be first on the chopping block for me next year.

7. Pokemon Sun
Naturally.

ultra7k

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2016, 03:23:22 AM »
1.) King's Quest Ep.1/2
6.) Trails in the Sky SC
7.) Stella Glow
11.) Final Fantasy X HD
16.) Yomawari: Night Alone (Platinum)
17.) Assassin's Creed Chronicles
18.) Letter Quest Remastered (Completed)

Beat the three games that make up Assassin's Creed Chronicles, and they all had a distinctive feel. Playing the India missions really made it feel like playing Prince of Persia 2 from way back in the day. The three games required some pretty precise platforming, and a couple head scratchers here and there, but was ultimately fun - maybe the most fun I've had with an AC game since the first or second iterations. The comic book style cut scenes, and story arc over the three games made it fun. It almost gave me a hankering to go watch the movie, but apparently it's really bad. Solid game, but it looks way better on PS4 than it does on Vita - but I'd never have known this if I never had to watch YouTube videos.

Letter Quest Remastered is a game that really, really needed a platinum trophy. The overall trophies are picked from some of the random quests you can do in game to get more gems and stuff - overall it was fine, especially since it was free with PS+. It's like your typical word game, like Words with Friends or that Bookworm game made by Popcap games back a few years ago. Nothing major to write home about, but was a nice palate cleanser after ACC.

I guess I'll be delving into Darkest Dungeon next.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
Final update:

1. Trails in the Sky SC
2. Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
3. Legend of Legacy
4. Stella Glow
5. Nights of Azure
6. We Know the Devil
7. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
8. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
9. Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
10. Stranger of Sword City
11. Atelier Sophie
12. Zelda Picross
13. 10000000
14. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
15. Quell Reflect
16. Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden
17. Beyond Eyes
18a-d. Space Pilgrim Episode I-IV
19. I am Setsuna
20. An Octave Higher
21. Ben There, Dan That!
22. Please don't touch anything
23. Legend of Mysteria
24. Over the Hills and Far Away
25. Postmortum: One Must Die
26. This Starry Midnight We Make
27. Sins of the Demon
28. Cubicle Quest
29. Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-
30. Her Story
31. Time Gentemen, Please!
32. The Cat Lady
33. Phantasy Star IV
34. Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
35. A New Beginning
36. Millennium 2: Take Me Higher
37. Suits: A Business RPG
38. Princess Maker 2 Refine
39. Paper Mario: Color Splash
40. Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~
41. LISA
42. Lily & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals
43. Tomb of Tyrants
44. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

45. Labyronia
RPG number 301, yay!

45 games, that's nothing to be ashamed of! (Not counting the time spent playing through 45 games.)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »
LOL, 2016 was The Year of Fire Emblem for Hathen. :D

Final Completion List:
1. Radiant Historia
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
4. Banished
5. Stardew Valley
6. Valkyria Chronicles
7. Tales of Graces f
---
8. Pokemon Sun

I finished this one on the last day of 2016.  What a fun little RPG!  I am shocked at the amount of content.  The single player story/campaign was much better than I expected (still not amazing or anything, but quite nice).  The wide variety of usable party members, skills, party builds and strategies is crazy addictive.  And the bright, colorful visual style and pleasant soundtrack really tie the whole thing together.  Honestly, this was right up there with Fire Emblem Fates, which I never would have expected.

And on that note, I am shocked - SHOCKED! - that I actually played and finished 3 games in 2016 that were released in 2016.  I am never this current.  Ever.

Arvis' 2016 Game of the Year
Stardew Valley

Arvis' Favorite Game of the last 12 months
Xenoblade Chronicles X
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
My year was supposed to look like Hathan's but with the PS3 Atelier titles, but I didn't even make it through Rorona yet.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2017, 06:02:33 PM »
^ LOL!

I feel you, Klutz.  This gaming is difficult to manage.  An embarrassment of riches, for sure.

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
Do we need a new 2017 completion list post?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
Yep

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »
Darksiders
Wild Arms
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Saint's Row IV
Chrono Cross
Remember Me
Lego Batman 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Rayman Legends
Dead Space 2
Tales of Illyria: Part 1
Dead Island: Riptide
Mark of the Ninja
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

My final list. Actually finished more than I had thought I would, given that I'm usually busy with the family man role. Granted, some of those are shorter games.
I'm definitely pleased that I finally got to play and finish a few of the PS1 era RPGs that I had missed out on. I was hoping to add Grandia to this list, but I'm not yet sure when gonna go back to it and finish it... Maybe later this year.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes