Author Topic: How deep is your backlog?

Sorrowmoon

• ctrl alt del
    • View Profile
How deep is your backlog?
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
Top 10 games on your backlog that you might actually finish this year?  My current completed games this year is 0.  % score is from psn trophy completion, sure it's not accurate, but its better than nothing.

1 . Dark Cloud 2,  40 hours in, chapter 3.  16% ... Been playing it a lot since it got released on psn.
2.  Dragon Age Inquisition  19% ....  Was questing a lot on Witcher 3 for a while then I gave this game a boost from its slumber.
3.  The Witcher 3  25%
4.  Megadimension Neptunia VII  ... I got the limited edition.  So, I might be motivated enough to plow through this game.
5.  The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.  8%  ...  Love this game.  Quite the contender to get finished 1st.
6.  Disgaea 5  35% ....  I've been itching to pick this one back up.  If I do I'll probably end up putting a week into it.
7.  Tales of Zestiria 8% 
8.  Yoru no Naikuni  3%  .... This is Night of Azure.  I imported the JP version.  Will most likely continue on the western version so it'll get delayed.
9.  Omega Quintet 30%
10. Atelier Shallie Alchemists of the Dusk Sea  55%  Easily my top Atelier game. 

Top ten games on your backlog that doesn't have a snow ball's chance in hell of being completed this year? (Has to be a game that you think you won't completely drop forever)

1. Persona 4 Golden  51%....  Loved this game.  Why don't I finished it, who knows.  Probably will end up finishing Persona 5 1st when I get it :p
2. Demon Gaze  29%
3. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory  19%  ... I just got Megadimension so this game is close to rotting
4. Super Heroine Chronicle  15%
5, Yokai Watch
6. Pokemon Oras
7. Final Fantasy XIII ... Any of them
8. Tales of Xillia 1&2 
9. Ni no Kuni 13%
10. Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk  10% ...  These timed games stress me out

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: How deep is your backlog?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:37:36 PM »
I can't remember the last year I actually finished 10 games in, and you want a top ten?  You don't even know what it means to backlog...

Though if I can finish my Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki imports this year I'll consider it an awesome year.  Yes, my shoot-for-the-moon goal is two games...

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:53:05 AM »
I have games that never even made it out of their case. Won't even mention my Steam backlog after I started buying bundles.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »
If I were to try and make a list, it's immensity would instantly spaghettify me into oblivion.

Won't even mention my Steam backlog after I started buying bundles.

They (and GOG) sell their shit so danged cheap, it's practically irresistible.

"Sweet! I've been meaning to play that!"
*purchases at incredible price*
*never looks at it again*

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »
reiterating max's point.

I have games I bought in high school that I still haven't opened...

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice"

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 01:21:15 PM »
Between working full time (40 hours) and going back to school again online for a second career transition full time (20 hours minimum a week class/study/homework)... I have zero time. That being said, I'm more likely to play and beat one game a year or two tops as sort of a "completitionist" rather than speed through a game's story mode. I know already that one game this year for me is going to be Xenoblade Chronicles X. I loved the first game, and bought a Wii U as soon as it was announced several years ago so I was all doe-eyed when I picked up the game in my hands during winter break.

That's the stuck between a hard place shtick with rpgs. They're incredibly fun and enjoyable to play, but hard to play casually or briefly. They're a time investment, but an amazing one when the quality of the game is top notch. It's sad to pass up games when I read various video games sites and get excited about upcoming releases, but it's a time decision that I have to weigh if I will have the time to play, so I don't waste money buying the game and letting it collect dust.

Back to my backlog though... I hope to get around to Trails. in the Sky: Cold Steel soon which may be my swan song for my PS Vita (unless there are other good rpgs on the horizon that I'm unaware of). I'll definitely binge Fire Emblem Fates because they are excellent games to pick up and put down... like waiting in the doctor's office, haha.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:27:19 PM by OrsonFury »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03:15 PM »
I rarely start games I don't plan on playing through right away, which helps me keep my backlog in check. I think... I hope?

I plan on getting through about half my Steam backlog, which is sitting at 19 games, right now. No, wait, make that 20. I just bought an actual murder simulator (made in RPG Maker) for 11 cents. Fortunately, many of these games are only a few hours long.

Consoles are a different matter. I have games I bought 5+ years ago that I haven't even played yet. I will get to those eventually, it's just that I have to be in the right mood. Like, tomorrow, I might wake up and think 'yes, I need to play some Onimusha Tactics now' and then I will play it. This is a thing that happens.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »

I plan on getting through about half my Steam backlog, which is sitting at 19 games, right now. No, wait, make that 20. I just bought an actual murder simulator (made in RPG Maker) for 11 cents. Fortunately, many of these games are only a few hours long.

Saw a Let's Play of that one a few months back, it looked like a neat idea that would probably only last me a few quick playthroughs before it got kind of boring.

Sorrowmoon

• ctrl alt del
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »
I can related with the previous comments.  At 1st I was going to start listing all the games in my backlog and then I noticed it was a hopeless endeavour.

I completely forgot I have Xenoblade Chronicles X.  It would at least be 5th in my list.

As for unopened games.  I try to open all of them because I want to claim the dlc codes that are sometimes included.  These dlc codes usually have an expiration date.  Never understood the point of making the dlc expire if you can still get the game on psn.

Ever since my gaming pc fried 4 or so years ago I never bothered to replace it so I have tons of games on backlog on steam.  I was actually going to buy XCOM 2 but this laptop can't run the game even at minimum specs.  

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »

Saw a Let's Play of that one a few months back, it looked like a neat idea that would probably only last me a few quick playthroughs before it got kind of boring.

For this kind of money, as long as it last longer than a gumball, it's a good investment.

(I probably shouldn't mention there are over a dozen free RPG Maker games I still want to play.)

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 04:33:58 PM »
Well, let's see... my Play Queue recently hit 170 strong.  The mobile Adventures of Mana being #170, the most recent addition.  However, I don't actually OWN all 170, so that's not a backlog.  Of the 170 in my Queue, I...

Own, Played, But Have Not Beaten
Rock Band 2
Atelier Rorona
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Portal 2
Hard Corps: Uprising
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Resonance of Fate
Tales of Grace f
Tokyo Jungle
Sonic Racing Transformed
NCAA Football 14
Shadow of the Colossus
Valkyria Chronicles II
Suikoden
Suikoden V
The Sims 3 (Seasons)
Star Wars: KOTOR

Own, But Have Not Even Played
Dynasty Warriors 8 XL
Atelier Totori
Atelier Meruru
Star Ocean 4
Batman: Arkham City
Tales of Xillia 2
Dynasty Warriors 7
Atelier Ayesha
Ys Seven
Class of Heroes
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
Suikoden II
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations
Rune Factory 4
Hotel Dusk
Final Fantasy Dimensions
Shining Force I
Shining Force II
Phantasy Star IV
Rogue Legacy
Papers, Please
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Castle Crashers
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure

Games I Removed From The List Just Now While Reviewing It
Journey
Armored Core V
Trine
Trine 2
Crystal Defenders
Yggdra Union (I've already paid for this one, but I'm never going to play it)
Dissidia Duodecim
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Xenoblade
Etrian Odyssey III
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Mario Kart 7
Cinders

So my backlog has 41 games on it and I managed to remove about 15 games from my list.  This was a good use of my time.

Of course, with all these games I already own, what do I do?  Buy a Wii U and Xenoblade X. I look forward to repeating that folly with a PS4 and the FFVII Remake.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:52 PM »
I was actually going to buy XCOM 2 but this laptop can't run the game even at minimum specs.  

Probably a good thing. I don't need to tell you, that series is addictive as all hell. The very first time I ever played XCOM: Enemy Unknown, 4-1/2 hours went by without me even realizing it - seriously. Rarely do I get that immersed in a video game.
I will get the new one eventually. I'm sure my wife will loathe it, and me. =D

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »
My backlog's infinitely deep because it contains Xenogears.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »
Fairly shallow I guess? Currently Only game I have started and plan to return to is Tales of Zesteria (beat it once and I'll probably platinum it...someday).

For games that I have copies of, but have not started:
Persona 4 Golden
Persona Q
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Pillars of Eternity
Ar No Surge (Vita version)
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Heart R
Codename STEAM
Dungeon Travelers 2
Fruit of Grisasia

Probably won't be getting to any of these anytime soon since I'm going to be going for a 100% support log in Fire Emblem Fates. May the universe have mercy on my soul.