Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 90469 times)

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »
I like these new Pokémon forms. I look forward to seeing what other new forms we get. Although...

Code: [Select]
I am not looking forward to Litten's final evolution now as a leak that seems to have predicted this indicated that Litten is going to be a Fire/Dark wrestler. So fudge. >.>

IhaveFURY

• Administrator
  • Draw! Monster cardo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »
Curious to see if Z-Moves are a replacement for Mega Evolutions or if they'll co-exist. The similarities (harmony between Trainer and Pokemon triggered by a hold item and a bracelet) seem to indicate replacement... but we'll see.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2016, 10:59:37 PM »
Ooo I honestly feel the new Pokemon designs are pretty fantastic so far.  Alola forms are...oddly great too, for the gimmick it is and everything I welcome cool new designs on already cool PKMN.

....A Pokemon Fusion system should be the "next thing".
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

JohnA

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:18 AM »
I just want an Ice Vulpix plush. It looks so fluffy! o_o

I'm looking forward to its release so I can have one in real life and in game!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 06:58:34 AM »
Curious to see if Z-Moves are a replacement for Mega Evolutions or if they'll co-exist. The similarities (harmony between Trainer and Pokemon triggered by a hold item and a bracelet) seem to indicate replacement... but we'll see.
They aren't going to get rid of mega Evolutions. They very well may be a post game only unlock, but they aren't going to waste ar resources and limit competitive options like that.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »
I like these new Pokémon forms. I look forward to seeing what other new forms we get. Although...

I am not looking forward to Litten's final evolution now as a leak that seems to have predicted this indicated that Litten is going to be a Fire/Dark wrestler. So fudge. >.>

At least its not yet another fire fighting starter. lol

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »
I think the best hypothetical starter hybrids would be:
grass/dark
fire/psychic
water/fighting
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
I've always defended Pokemon designs in past generations when people have complained about them. Weirdly, I don't like any of what I've seen so far, outside of the starters.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »

At least its not yet another fire fighting starter. lol

It is a wrestler though, so it is like one half step removed. >.> Actually what I am truly fearing is that the final Litten stage will have two forms. One for if you evolve at night which will be a fire/dark wrestler. The other for if you evolve it at day which will be a fire/fighting wrestler! I see this coming, and I fear for the future. x_x
I think the best hypothetical starter hybrids would be:
grass/dark
fire/psychic
water/fighting
While Fire/Psychic would be better than what I am expecting, I would prefer something new (and a quadruped). Fully expecting water to go Water/Fairy though. No idea on grass (seriously, I don't even remember what the leak says).

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
I like the Litten final evolution. :/ (Though I like Rowlets most)

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
The supposed legitimate starter evo leak has Rowlet turning into an Archer which shoots leaf-arrows, Litten becoming a Heel Wrestler (so probably Fire/Dark), and Popplio having a Siren motif (with long flowing hair to make furries happy). The Litten evo got some people worked up because some people don't like the somewhat common trend of fire starters ending up with some kind of fighter motif (Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar). Personally I never minded it too much, but I'm not crazy about the leaked Litten evo- personally I imagined it getting a more nimble-looking evo. Still not 100% sure on if that leak's actually legitimate though, but it seems pretty likely since one of the sketches includes a character who looks almost identical to Mallow, and the leak was floating around the internet months before she was revealed.
Anyway another batch a new Pokemon, and they're all pretty weird, for better or worse. Also intro to Team Skull, who seems to have a punk theme going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2LxgWBaRQ

Not in the video is Bewear's pre-evolution and a sand castle Pokemon. Mixed bag on this batch for me. Not crazy about the Sand Castle personally, but I love the idea behind the "school of fish" Pokemon. Alola Meowth is almost identical to normal Meowth and Alola Raichu is...weird.

divingfalcons

• Honorary Blue Rogue
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »
I love the sandcastle Pokemon. It's so stupid and adorable. Like Vanilluxe. I think it might be my favourite new one so far.

Also, if the leaked final evolutions are real, then Rowlet's one is definitely my favourite. I know it'll be grass/flying, but I think it could've been a grass/dark type. That would have been cool, but obviously Litten's final evo might have the dark side covered...

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
Not really a big fan of any of the new reveals. All of them seem kind of meh. I guess I kind of like Alolan Meowth and Marowak?

And I prefer not to think about the final evo leak...

Because it is almost certainly real, and I am sick of fire starters becoming wrestlers. If we end up with multiple forms for starters then it might be salvageable if there is radically different second form, but even if we get a second form for Littern's final evolution I expect it to be a Fire/Fighting wrestler that looks only slightly differently. >.>

I strongly suspect I'll be booting Litten from my team fairly early on because of the final evos. And before you ask I will be getting Litten as my starter because I always get the fire starter. It is tradition.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »
My dude bewear looks mad adorable as a baby. I am pleased.

TASTY!

IhaveFURY

• Administrator
  • Draw! Monster cardo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »
I freaking adore Alolan Raichu. Always been one of my favorite Pokemon so it's nice to see the wee scamp getting some love.

I'm worried this is going to be like Gen 6 where I like all of the Starter designs, but not the rest of their evolutionary line. Chespin was my go-to Starter for X, but his final evolution was derp-tastic.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:15:24 PM by IhaveFURY »