Author Topic: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon Confirmed
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 06:12:40 AM »
Direct confirmed Sun and Moon versions coming out in "Holiday 2016" for the 3DS. The implication is that this is the 7th generation games, so apparently this means we won't get a Z version- very odd. Wonder what they're going to be doing with that Perfect Zygarde, Volcanion and that special Ash-Greninja thing.
Well Volcanion is in the game code for the 6th generation games, so all they need to do for him is do an event distribution. I have doubts that they will ever add the Ash-Greninja to the games since it is supposed to be a perfect union between trainer and pokemon with the pokemon taking on the trainers appearance, so it would only work if every playable character from now on (even the girls) dressed like Ash (or they changed the lore on that appearance). Wondering the same thing about Perfect Zygarde though.

Part of me thinks they're keeping Missingno. mostly because it's probably one of the most famous glitches in video games. The glitch that caused Missingno. to appear was a pretty simple oversight so it isn't that hard to change the game so that Missingno. is in the game but it doesn't screw up your save file like it used to.

That and they can just bar people from uploading Missingno. onto Pokemon Bank anyway.

Or maybe Missingno. will be an official Pokemon now- that'd be hilarious.
I would probably pick up the virtual console games if we could transfer Missingo into the Pokémon Bank. XP

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 09:10:18 AM »
Yay!
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »
well, it has been awhile since X and Y, though we head perilously towards the 4 digit number.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 05:42:16 PM »
well, it has been awhile since X and Y, though we head perilously towards the 4 digit number.

And what's wrong with the '4 digit number', if I may ask?

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »
4 means death in Japanese!
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »
it's a homonym for death in chinese too. But seriously, I just feel we're reaching that point where completing the pokedex has become an impossible task and I'm not sure I can remember all the pokemon anymore. The games are still fun of course, but they need to at least up the story this time. The X and Y plot were so nothing, and throw in an immortal huge guy and completely ignore the implications of his existence.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »
Just in case anyone didn't see this bit of news:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2016/4580.html
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 06:47:21 AM »
But seriously, I just feel we're reaching that point where completing the pokedex has become an impossible task and I'm not sure I can remember all the pokemon anymore.
Eh it is still possible to complete the pokedex...minus event pokemon. Some of the event pokemon are unlikely to be found through legit means. Like Genesect, he was last given away in 2013...in Japan. Last (ajnd only) time he was given out in the USA was in 2012 (although it looks like he is scheduled for an event in November). But non-event exclusives can be generally acquired without too much issue thanks to breeding and the global trade network.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »
After months of teasing, the new starter Pokemon have been revealed.

The region, Alola, seems to be based off Hawaii- something a lot of the fanbase had speculated right from the first trailer. I'm honestly amazed how parts of the fanbase were able to figure that out base off the first trailer which barely showed anything.

divingfalcons

• Honorary Blue Rogue
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 08:25:28 AM »
I don't know how people figured out Hawaii either, but seeing this trailer definitely confirms it. I like the taller character models and the look of the region though.

I also quite like all of the starters! I think it'll be a toss up between Rowlet or Litten for me, but I'll wait to see their evolutions.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:29:12 AM by divingfalcons »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 08:41:05 AM »
Customization is back by the way (or at the very least skin tones), for those of you who got ORAS and really missed it. I guess they took note of how much people wanted it back- this might be a feature that stays for once.

I usually gravitate towards the Grass starter, but I picked Charmander in Gen 1 and picked Froakie last time around. I might go with Litten this time- loved how they gave it a little paw licking animation and everything.

First thing I noticed in a trailer- those circles underneath Pokemon during battle seem to be gone. Hopefully that applies to the whole game and not just what they're showing off- it's a little thing that's bothered me for a while.

Still curious what's going to happen with Zygarde and Ash-Greninja though. Both those things have been getting quite a bit of exposure in the side games and the anime. It's not Pokemon if it's marketing something that will be irrelevant. :P

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 04:04:39 PM »
That Owl is mine.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
Of the 3 starters, my favorite is definitely Rowlet.  

EDIT: and as long as I have tons of haircut and dress-up options for the girl character like in X/Y, I'll be happy.  Playing dress-up and making those 10 second movies in X/Y was awesome.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:31:34 PM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »
So is it viable at this point to make a team of Pokemon Cats? Because if so I hope that's the theme of one of the gyms in Sun/Moon. The Cat Gym.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
I AM SO EXCITED!