Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »
Of the 3 starters, my favorite is definitely Rowlet.  

EDIT: and as long as I have tons of haircut and dress-up options for the girl character like in X/Y, I'll be happy.  Playing dress-up and making those 10 second movies in X/Y was awesome.

Oh, and for version I'd pick Sun because I'm a morning person and orange is my favorite color (especially sunrise orange.)
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »
There is absolutely no way on earth I wouldn't pick Moon haha =-)
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 06:17:06 AM »
I'm going to be going with Litten and Sun. Because I always choose the fire starter and always choose the "red" version (except for Diamond and Pearl I guess). I think I will probably also pick up Moon (or get a combo pack) so I can catch all the version exclusive legendaries in premier balls!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »
You could always just trade with the folks around here if you don't want to spend the extra money (though getting the legendary would be harder). =P

Also, gen 6 but might as well post it here: They've been giving out lots of legendaries for the 20th anniversary, and right now it's something pretty hard to get otherwise: A Shiny Xerneas on Mystery Gift via Internet for XY/ORAS. It's up until the 17th so get it quick! (After this it'll be a Shiny Yveltal)

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

Well then, we'll just have to exchange friend codes and get all buddy-buddy on our 3DSes.  It will be fun.  Artimicia and Art3mis (that was my stage name when I used to play with Pool of Thorns) wreaking havoc all over the Aloha region...

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7505.msg285710#msg285710
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:12:39 PM by Dincrest »
     -Peppermint Patty

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 11:38:12 PM »

Well then, we'll just have to exchange friend codes and get all buddy-buddy on our 3DSes.  It will be fun.  Artimicia and Art3mis (that was my stage name when I used to play with Pool of Thorns) wreaking havoc all over the Aloha region...

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7505.msg285710#msg285710

Ah ha! Of course! I'm pretty lazy bones about using my 3DS for stuff like that I can't even remember my NID and such like that, but maybe this will be inspiration for getting around to it! =-)

Anyway, Team Moon!
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 06:01:29 AM »
So any thoughts on yesterday's news? I'm looking forward to the roto-dex, and I personally am fine with the legendary typings, even the sun pokemon that is weak to fire.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 06:32:22 AM »
Sun Legendary being weak to Fire made me laugh. I still don't really like either Legend design personally, I thought Xerneas/Yveltal were cooler- maybe they'll grow on me though.

Bit disappointed we didn't see any new Pokemon, but this is standard procedure as I recall. To me, the big draw of the announcement was seeing more of Alola. The Rotodex map and the what we were shown seem to imply there's a bit more road forking this time around. An active map would also mean they could make another city like Lumoise without making it a headache to navigate.

I'm really hoping what they'll do is make lots of boat rides during the badge quest portion of the game to get around the water, but also have actual routes between the islands to allow water/diving exploration afterwards. Best of both worlds for people who hate Hoenn's forced water routes.

That clip of going into battle with Hau had little details I liked- the sound of Pokeballs icons clicking on the status bar and the little animation for him throwing/catching the Pokeball. Hoping that them not needing to redo all the graphics this time means they got more time to polish more of the rest of the game like that- XY and ORAS were a bit lacking in that polish IMO.

Also, I was expecting the old guy from the last trailer to be the Professor, but I guess they want to continue their trend of young and implausibly sexy Professors. =P

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »
Guess I'm on quite the uphill battle then.  I want Rowlet, but the grass/flying makes it quadruply weak to ice.  I want Sun version, but its legendary is weak to fire and Moon's legendary is a ghost type and ghost is my 2nd favorite Pokemon type after Flying. 

...still gonna go for Sun and Rowlet.
     -Peppermint Patty

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
When are they introducing triple type pokemons so that you can potentially take 8x from something?

divingfalcons

• Honorary Blue Rogue
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 05:56:33 PM »
I don't use legendaries in my main team, but I like Lunala's ghost/psychic typing more than Solgaleo's. They both have a really silly weakness - Sun Pokemon is weak to fire, Moon Pokemon is weak to dark. The latter makes more sense because Lunala absorbs light so in that respect I can let it slide.

Rowlet and Moon for me so far.

IhaveFURY

• RPGFan Editor
  • Draw! Monster cardo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 10:40:31 PM »
I'm leaning towards Sun, but I'm torn. Starting with Popplio, most likely. Love that lil cutie.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 07:35:10 AM »
So we apparently have 10% and 100% Zygarde now. 100% is a lot smaller than I thought it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTKAX-UcQs

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
It's just GameFreak being bad at paying attention to details like usual. Some of the other 3D games (I think it was Colosseum) had a huge proportionate model for Wailord and the like, really wish they still did that.

Japanese version of the video has what I'm guessing is the regular battle music playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg

Not a huge fan personally, the song feels like it's all over the place. Maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the whole thing.

Also we have a Koala and a Rock Type Dog.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:14:32 PM by Hathen »