Author Topic: Pokemon

Andrew and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ChrisGaming

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone tried to get a glitched mew from the old GBC pokemon games

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:05 AM »
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone tried to get a glitched mew from the old GBC pokemon games
You could get a glitched Mew in Gold and Silver? Not sure why it would matter at this point since you can't transfer it forward.

...unless you meant VC RBY, which were not designed with GBC in mind? Afterall Gen 2 introduced shinies because of the GBC. In which case, I have not done it, but I have read what happens if you try. You can get the Mew to appear in the VC games, but it will be blocked if you try to transfer unless its OT info matches the Mew distribution event from Japan.

ChrisGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »

...unless you meant VC RBY, which were not designed with GBC in mind? Afterall Gen 2 introduced shinies because of the GBC. In which case, I have not done it, but I have read what happens if you try. You can get the Mew to appear in the VC games, but it will be blocked if you try to transfer unless its OT info matches the Mew distribution event from Japan.

Yes that's what I meant. I got my VC game to the point where I can try to get a Mew and I bought it only for that reason, so it's a bit disapointing but I can understand that they blocked it.
And sorry if my texts are misleading I'm still working on my english.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »
There is actually a way to glitch a Mew into your VC that looks legitimate to the Pokemon Bank, but it takes a bunch of steps to do, and I haven't really read the specifics of it. You can look into it here if you want.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
Solgaleo and Lunala get to look completely ridiculous in the upcoming totally-not-expected Ultra Sun and Moon games.

Barely any info right now but if it's just going to be the legends in gaudy armor and some minor updates to SM I'm probably not going to be too interested in getting it. I'll probably get suckered in if they add in lots of new Mega Evolutions though.

In other news, Gold and Silver will be getting Virtual Console releases, also totally-not-expected.

In other other non-RPG news, Switch will be getting a port of that Pokemon fighting game.

Honestly I'm wondering if we should just make some general Pokemon thread since we know the franchise craps out a game almost every year anyway.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »
Erm, why is there another Sun and Moon already?

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
This isn't the first, second, third, or even fourth time they've released the same game with some slight changes to sucker people out of $50.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »
Also for a short time after the announcement, The Pokemon Company had a release date listing for US/UM for the Switch with a TBA before removing it.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2017, 06:14:20 PM »
Solgaleo and Lunala get to look completely ridiculous in the upcoming totally-not-expected Ultra Sun and Moon games.
Oh come now, we don't actually know what is going on there. I mean the "armor" is Necrozma, but it isn't clear what is going on beyond that. It could be a fusion where Necrozma is armor, it could be Necrozma being parasite on the legendaries, or it could be Necrozma creating holograms of the legendaries...for some reason.

Anyways, I'll be getting the games. Hoping Necrozma gets a proper full form though...since it is clearly supposed to be a decapitated dragon head. I want the full dragon form (even if it is only for a Z-move).

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »
Unless the Ultra games adjust the "enemies calling for reinforcements" mechanic (or at least lets me summon an additional pokemon when an enemy calls for help), rectifies the slowdown that occurs on slower 3DS systems, overhauls the user-unfriendly Festival Plaza, and lets me preview new haircuts before plunking down serious money, then forget it.  Oh, and there had better be more Team Skull.  I can never get enough of Team Skull and their funky fresh dance moves and music. 

Oh, and after E3 is over, you fine folks will see my Moon Nuzlocke playlogs chronicled on the site as a feature. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:04:48 PM by Lando »
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 07, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
I think I'm actually more interested in playing the GBA G/S games again than I am playing some minor update to Sun/Moon. No idea where I left my Silver version from way back.

As for your wishlist Din, I think the only thing they'll do is that they might adjust the reinforcements mechanic somewhat (at the very least I expect the summoning to not take ages).

Doubt the Festival Plaza will change much and...I don't know much about the haircuts because only female PCs get to have more than 2 hair and clothing options. It's not too hard to make lots of money off Poke Pelago though. Don't even need to play the game, heh.

I know for sure they won't be fixing the slowdown because GameFreak is notoriously bad at optimizing games and every last 3DS game they've released so far has had terrible frame rates, owed to the fact that the Pokemon models are absurdly high-poly because I guess they wanted to make sure they can use them for the next 20 years or whatever.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Double Post, but just letting anybody who cares to know that there's a Shiny Tapu Koko being distributed via mystery gift right now, which will last until 8/14. As far as I know there's no other way to get one because legendaries aren't allowed to be shiny via normal encounters.

There's also been a number of Mega Stone distributions via Mystery Gift passwords if you really wanted to use some of the ones missing from Sun/Moon.
M2DESCENT for Mewtwo X/Y
INTIMIDATE for Mawile, Medicham, Audino, Beedrill
AZUL for Pidgeot, Steelix, Heracross, Houndoom
MATSUBUSA for Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Banette, Camerupt

There's still quite a few missing but they'll probably come eventually. Really hope the next time around they just include them in the game, don't really understand the purpose of barring game features like this.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
So news regarding USUM, we have confirmation of a new form for Lycanroc. It is called Dusk Form, and it is something of a mix between Midday and Midnight forms (mostly favoring Midday).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2017, 11:23:38 PM »
I prefer Lycanroc-Day's design and I used it in my run of Sun, but I gotta say I don't like how they just took Day's model and put Night's mane on top. Kind of expected some in-between to have at least some changes to the face or the paws, but instead they just reused Day's skeleton and the majority of it is just a recolor of Day. Ash-Greninja got more effort put into him and he was pretty much an easter egg character (it's barred from a ton of online play).

3 months from release and the only info they've decided to given so far is some dressed up legendaries and an orange dog. Gives the impression there's just not much for them to show. The second releases for each gen already tend to not catch my attention, but this time especially so.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:55 AM »
From what I've seen so far, this is one of the least interesting 'third' Pokemon entries in a generation. And that's saying something. Definitely passing.