Author Topic: Getting an error when I send private messages

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Getting an error when I send private messages
« on: March 03, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »
So, I tried a couple times to send a private message today and each time after clicking "send" I was sent to an error message screen that said something about "MySQL has gone away" or somesuch.  Can anyone help me out?  Are my messages getting through?  AM I ALONE!?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting an error when I send private messages
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »
I just sent you one - did it arrive? It took a while to send, but it did seem to successfully go.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »
Ok, i responded, hit "Send", it took forever for anything to happen, but then it did finally seem to go through and I didn't get the "MySQL" error that I got before.

Did you receive my response?  Below is the body of the message I sent:
"Got it.  I also got the email and the notification up above in my User Info panel.
However, I got two (dupe) messages from OrsonFury yesterday bringing my message total to 7 in my Inbox.  But my User Info panel still does not reflect the existence of those two messages.  It still says I have 5 messages.  I did, however, receive the email for them."

The message I was sending before (where i got the weird error) was quite a bit longer than that and had quoted text.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
I did receive it. If you get the error again, we'll have to try to contact tech support. Unfortunately, I'm not in a good position to connect with them today and tomorrow, so hopefully the problem has gone away...
—Kurt Vonnegut

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:26:55 AM »
Looks like you're not alone.  I got the error when replying to a thread just now (although it successfully posted anyway), and someone else wrote me to say that they got the error as well.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
Everything working smoothly for me today. :)