Site Related & More > RPGFan: Forums

Stripping posts older than 5 years

(1/2) > >>

John:
As most of you are aware, we've had some strange outages on the past 3 Sundays - in an attempt to alleviate this issue, we will be backing up the database, and then using the forum functionality to delete all posts older than 5 years.  I have sincere doubt this will affect anyone, but the plan is to have this done by the end of day tomorrow (Wednesday).

Thanks!

John:
Topics older than 5 years have been deleted and a bunch of stuff has been cleaned up.  Please let me know if you see issues.

Jimmy:
Hey, John. I'm not sure if any others are having issues, but the forums are still running pretty slow for me. Sometimes I have to close my browser down and re-open it in order for pages to load.

Klutz64:

--- Quote from: Jimmy on April 06, 2016, 11:32:26 AM ---Hey, John. I'm not sure if any others are having issues, but the forums are still running pretty slow for me. Sometimes I have to close my browser down and re-open it in order for pages to load.

--- End quote ---

I usually only have such an issue after I submit a post, but if I just refresh the forums the post I submitted is already there.

Tooker:
Yeah, we're seeing that on the staff boards as well.  John's got a few more plans in place to try to resolve the slowness this week.  As far as we can tell, the boards didn't go down last Sunday, though, so that's a step in the right direction!  We appreciate your patience on this - it's definitely frustrating for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version