Author Topic: Help Der Jermeister beat Dark Souls!

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help Der Jermeister beat Dark Souls!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
I think it's a bit of a shame that you don't seem to think that it's okay to have different opinions about a game. I offered my view as to why I think Dark Souls is a solid game and it's fine if you think the opposite, I certainly don't want to force my view on you, but I hoped you could see where I was coming from. I never used the word masterpiece, and I don't think it is one (Demon's Souls, maybe), but I certainly do enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear that your review was attacked on Amazon, but I don't think that justifies your outburst here.

I also think you're quite rude considering the time I took to try and assist you with my initial post.

Embryon

• RPGFan Editor
  • モナドの力
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 09:26:24 PM »
Fuck no I'm not gonna make like a Frenchman and give up on the game. I want to beat it and tell the world how shitty it actually is despite your obvious delusion that it's somehow "rewarding" and a "masterpiece." You cultists are all the same. It fucking sickens me that fantards like you engage in journalistic fellatio and actually reward developers for defecating feces such as Dark Souls while bitching and moaning about games being easy. I fucking know I'm not alone in my opinions. You are the fucking cancer ruining game journalism. I actually wrote a civil critical review on the original Demon's Souls and had it posted on Amazon, and you know what happened? All the rabid fantards bitched and moaned about my opinion and tried to hurt my Amazon reviewer score by somehow idiotically voting that my review was "not helpful," which ultimately led me to pull down my review to salvage my ranking.

I don't like Dark Souls at all-- I've been quite critical of it on our podcast-- but I can also acknowledge its strengths and accept that other people enjoy the game.

That said, consider this an official warning about your behavior. Several people have popped into this thread with friendly advice (which you solicited), and you are responding with vitriol. It has no place in our community. Take a step back and breathe.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:28:15 PM by Embryon »
"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 10:13:06 PM »
Agreed - your next post had better be along the lines of "I'm sorry, I got carried away."  At the moment, your racial and nationalistic slurs have you about half a step away from a ban.  I'm also not seeing any cultish comments in here - just honest attempts to help you enjoy a game you seemed to want to enjoy.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:44 AM »
Fuck no I'm not gonna make like a Frenchman and give up on the game. I want to beat it and tell the world how shitty it actually is despite your obvious delusion that it's somehow "rewarding" and a "masterpiece." You cultists are all the same. It fucking sickens me that fantards like you engage in journalistic fellatio and actually reward developers for defecating feces such as Dark Souls while bitching and moaning about games being easy. I fucking know I'm not alone in my opinions. You are the fucking cancer ruining game journalism. I actually wrote a civil critical review on the original Demon's Souls and had it posted on Amazon, and you know what happened? All the rabid fantards bitched and moaned about my opinion and tried to hurt my Amazon reviewer score by somehow idiotically voting that my review was "not helpful," which ultimately led me to pull down my review to salvage my ranking.

Fans of any big fanbase are all crazy.  Shit you should see me bug my BF and BFF about Xenoblade. :P
You gotta calm down, games are meant to be enjoyed, and this one has always been hard.  It even 'repels' certain players that aren't in it for that experience.  I'm definitely not eager to play the game because it's hard, but I'd know that going in if I do decide to play Dark Souls.
Andrew's been a tip-top fella trying to give you hand, which sometimes still only helps so much, but it's deeefinitely not worth the amount of ugly in your post above.  God knows I could probably spend years trying to practice it, but I'll *always* suck at DDR and rhythm-type games.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:00:37 AM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Der Jermeister

• Journey of the Cursed Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »
I've somewhat cooled last time I played a game (talking to my psychologist really helped), and trying a different area, in my case the Catacombs, has actually been a decent strategy, and I beat the boss my first try. Granted, I'm still slightly miffed I lost a couple tens of thousands of souls foraying into the Tomb of the Giants, but I did get a lantern from one of the necromancers in the Catacombs I could use, and I'll probably try two-handing my weapon (still the Dragon's Tooth) when using the lantern as a "shield" when I try the Tomb again.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 03:54:52 PM »
That's not technically an apology, but I'll take having to talk to your psychologist as an acceptance that you were out of line. Go down that path in a post again, though, and feel free to say your goodbyes in the same post. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread.

My main weapon was Quelaag's Furysword.
I joined the Chaos Servant covenant and thus kept going to talk to Quelaag's Sister wearing the Old Witch's Ring while holding her dead sister Chaos Witch Quelaag's forged soul in my hand.

She was kind of right thinking Quelaag was the one visiting her... well, part of Quelaag...

Der Jermeister

• Journey of the Cursed Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »
I found a good grinding spot in the Tomb of the Giants, and figured I can live without Miracles, investing points in pyromancy, which has somewhat paid off thus far and been much safer to work with than going melee against foes.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2016, 07:13:20 PM »
Pyro is pretty much the best damage in DS.