Author Topic: Sources on news stories

insertnamehere

• View Profile
Sources on news stories
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:38:49 PM »
Is there a chance you could link to the exact articles in news stories instead of just listing a site like gematsu as a source?
For example on this story this could link this as the source.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Sources on news stories
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »
seconded

IhaveFURY

• RPGFan Editor
  • Draw! Monster cardo!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sources on news stories
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »
There are a few reasons for linking to a source's homepage, most of which basically boil down to "because that's been our policy up until now," haha. This way we're just citing a source rather than linking directly to someone else's article (more of an indicator of "this is where we got the information" to avoid plagiarism). Plus there are times where we draw from multiple articles from the same website, and consolidate the information into one news story. There's also the fear of running into broken links if something gets changed on the other end, which admittedly is a low-order concern.

Still, there's no reason why we couldn't take the idea under consideration going forward.