Author Topic: Overwatch an expensive version of TF2

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch an expensive version of TF2
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 11:15:56 AM »
As fun as the game is right now, Blizzard really needs to step up their balancing game as it's a freakin train wreck.
"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »
To quote my fav WoW streamer

"Expecting class balance in a Blizzard game... not going to happen."

Honestly this is Blizzard's worst game/franchise by far IMO, hate to say it...

Blizzard's weakness as a game company has always been kind of shockingly the game itself...

They simply kinda wing it and try and surf by with cool gimmicks and more often than not it works well enough, then they let the epic Hollywood esque universe stuff and flashy smashy comic things carry them the rest of the way.

Stuff like Overwatch though makes me think that magic maybe has run out to a degree, I feel like every since the mid 2010s with stuff like Warlords of Draenor it's been really kind of cingrey to play honestly.

And Hearthstone is freaking unberable.. hated Magic back in the day anyway. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:00:31 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
^You are just determined to piss me off, aren't you? Thank you for reviving an old Overwatch thread just to troll. Do you actually have real criticisms, or are you just gonna throw out vague damning statements that amount to "everything is bad ever" without using any examples. Oh, but wait, have you actually played it? You have a strong tendency to diss a lot of other stuff you've barely taken a glance at, is this the case here? When was your last match? Who did you play as?

Geez, I know this probably looks childish, but I have made at least a dozen drafts attempting to talk about Overwatch, except it seems like I'm the only one here who plays it. This is the closest opportunity I get, and of course it's spurred on by yet another troll post by Arti. I've seriously had it with this guy. He's clearly just trying to get a rise out of people, and the only reason he hasn't stepped on enough toes is because he's bad at it. Not because it's unintentional - it clearly is. He just hasn't found the right buttons yet. And at this point, I'm not sure whether or not I should be looking forward to his eventual success.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »
...I was about to get Arti's back for a sec...but I read the post twice, and I gotta say, seeing as the topic hasn't had a post in OVER A FUCKING YEAR and that Overwatch is actually INCREDIBLY successful...dare I say more than anything else from blizzard aside from WoW...yeah, I'm starting to think Arti's going for trolling achievments here...

BUT SHE'S SO ADORABLE ABOUT IT!!!!

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2017, 03:22:19 AM »
Believe me, I'd be more than happy to discuss criticisms of the game, but that was just insulting. :/ Or at least a close enough an attempt that I couldn't let it slide. Even if they dislike it, I'd rather they discuss it in detail. I already spend enough time dealing with people who just emote and strive for emotional reactions. It's not enjoyable in terms of discussion.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes