Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327367 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  The Burning Crusade thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: The Burning Crusade thread  (Read 10607 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »

The Burning Crusade comes out midnight tomorrow, and I'll be one of those retards in line at one of the four signing locations they listed. (I have a $100 EBGames card and the one closest to me is the Universal Citywalk location, which is one they listed.)

Anybody preorder/already planning to snag it? I know at least a few of you will be.. :D I can't wait to make a Blood Elf Paladin.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:58:19 AM »

I have collector's edition pre-ordered at my EB, fully paid off.  But no plan to actually play, I'm probably done with the game.  Guess I'll hold onto the Collector's Edition and find out if it gains value.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:30:19 AM »

I have absolutely no plans to get this soon.  Maybe in a month or so, but since I still need to hit 60 and get epic mount and shit, I still have things to do on this side of the portal. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:42:24 AM »

I am still trying to figure out if I want to go out at midnight tonight and pick it up, or go tomorrow. I have it pre-ordered so I am not concerned with not getting a copy, but I am thinking I might want to just go get it. Either way it will be loaded on the comp by tomorrow evening.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »

I missed out on pre-ordering an BC CE this time around. I'm hoping to be able to find a loose one, otherwise I'll just get a regular copy and start fresh with the small guild I run with.
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »

I tried to pre order a CE... but they told me they couldnt take preorders at my EB... on october 5th. Then when I go back on november 5th they tell me its "sold out". So now im going to go to EB at midnight and pick up a loose CE. I HATE being boned like that.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »

Extwin: The preorder window for the CE was like three days long.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

Personally the whole collecters edition thing is BS.  

Because like john said, you get like 3 days, and after that, you either have to win it in a contest, or buy it off ebay for 300 bucks.  Finding a loose one of those is like finding the golden ticket in willy wonkas chocolate bar.  Hell, I have two friends that preordered it and ARNT getting it because the store didnt get enough of them.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »

But then again, isn't that what a Collector's Edition should be like? Or would you rather see Limited Edition Jade Empires everywhere you turn? :P

A Collector's Edition, in my mind, is a rarity that only a few people should get. I say this with no chance of getting my hands on one...and I think that's how it should be. Props to Blizzard for making it a Collector's item and not another way to make an extra buck.

Dark Iron is PvP...I might transfer there if things go south on my server...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »

Quote from: "Kiem"

Dark Iron is PvP...I might transfer there if things go south on my server...

LF1M, full on rogues.

Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:24:33 PM »

True enough I suppose, im just jealous cause I cant get my hands on one :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »

I see how it is, DR...fine, be that way...I don't love you anyway!
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »

So midnight passed here in Europe, TBC is officially open.

We had like 100 horde vs 100 alliance at the Dark Portal, trying to PVP with major lag, about 19 horde people made it through the Portal and onto Hellfire Peninsula.
The count is 12 Blood elves of which 3 paladins and a whole bunch of rogues.

Man I'm gonna get the expansion tomorrow, get off work early and make my female Blood Elf Paladin.

However with my luck the servers will be down tomorrow all day, because Blizzard always screw things up.=P
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35:58 AM »

I hate everyone on the east coast for being able to play BC 2 hours before I will.  I hate you.  /emo

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41:54 AM »

Yeah, sorry bout that Ryos.

Just got my copy (yes I managed) installing now, and heres hoping.  I may switch over to norg, cause ive gotten some pvp world nostalgia that I dont like.  Plus, blood elves are just badass...yeah, not cute, not cool, not sexy, badass.  They are evil, evil as fuck, and im gonna be one.  MOOOOO.

I will probably make a Dranei on Dark Iron though.  I just hope for a smooth install and play...or REGAN SMASH!

:P

Oh, and I hate folks who buy the collectors edition just to sell it off ebay for 300 bucks.  They are smart, but evil bastards.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: