Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 03:45:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  The Burning Crusade thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The Burning Crusade thread  (Read 11237 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »

I caved in and went out and bought it last night.

I've only been in hellfire peninsula so far but it's pretty great.  There's a million alliance and horde around but it's not that big of a deal (infact you could say there is security in numbers).  Most people are just letting others be and aren't ganking except outside of Hellfire Citadel.  I kinda figured that just about every mob everywhere would be dead all the time, but that's not the case.

The numbers is also nice because finding a group is pretty easy.  I specced holy and my guild is helping me quest and such.  I kinda like it.  

I like how some of the bosses actually take some kind of intelligence.  We initially died twice on Vazruden because of a noob mage who kept pulling aggro and getting people pounded with fire attacks.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 02:08:51 PM »

I'm about 100K away from 61 - I do have to say, being in groups with BWL/AQ40/Naxx geared folks takes the difficulty out of the first couple of instances.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:11 PM »

So got to lvl 61 today and Hellfire Peninsula is crowded beyond believe, I got pwned by huge Fel Reavers and other big ass elites that hit like Mack trucks.
Funny how Orgrimmar is basicly like a ghost town now and the Outland is laggy.

Leveling up goes faster than I thought it would, but nothing beats that french dude who leveled to 70 in 28 hours with the help of his guildmates.

Also made a female BE paladin named Gabryelle and a friend of mine had one named Xeenaa. Now we only need to make a guild called The Warrior Princess.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »

Got 61 and an awesome amount of gear.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:39 PM »

I hit 61 as well.

My crit took a 2% hit...but my AP went up by almost 130 and my HP rose by about 900 after getting a bunch of new gear. Still need to find a good offhand sword that has enough speed and DPS to beat out my Glacial Blade.

Woot.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »

Well for me, I reached 12 with my BE Rogue...otherwise just enjoying the guild and the 60's reaching 61.  Grats folks!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47:01 PM »

I was questing in hellfire penninsula last night too... slowly grinding to 61... and getting some new gear. Some of the greens are really good...although it seems weird replacing a blue with a green. I got a green wand that was 73 dps +6 stam +6 int +8 spirit and +9 to damage and healing...how can you not love that

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

Quote from: "Extwin"
I was questing in hellfire penninsula last night too... slowly grinding to 61... and getting some new gear. Some of the greens are really good...although it seems weird replacing a blue with a green. I got a green wand that was 73 dps +6 stam +6 int +8 spirit and +9 to damage and healing...how can you not love that

I have that wand too.  It looks sweet for a green wand.

Ran Blood Furnace a couple times last night.  Such a fun instance.  Love the second boss.  Overall great design design too.  Nice to have boss battles that are different than just a plain tank and spank encounter.  

I just wish those damn gloves would drop that Tenchi/John posted in a SS in the BC beta screenshot topic that was awhile back.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 09:36:54 AM »

Does anyone who has the CE know how the Netherwhelp pet distribution works? I heard from one place that you can only get it on one character, and from another place I heard that you get the pet on all of your characters at the time of subscription, and from yet another place that you can get one on all current and future characters. Anyone know the real deal?
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 11:06:33 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Does anyone who has the CE know how the Netherwhelp pet distribution works? I heard from one place that you can only get it on one character, and from another place I heard that you get the pet on all of your characters at the time of subscription, and from yet another place that you can get one on all current and future characters. Anyone know the real deal?

Every character, new and old, gets a mail that expires in 27 days after logging in to that character.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Amankhan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 01:00:36 AM »

Halfway to 66 on my Shaman.  Underbog & Slave Pens are now on farm status.  Well, at least they feel that way due to how many times I ran them this weekend.
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007, 06:12:26 AM »

Got my warlock halfway to 64, got tired of questing, mounted up and started to explore a bit. Nagrand is absolutely beautiful.

Als started to lvl up my paladin. When you're sleep deprived you start to notice things, like the female Blood Elf has a really annoying laugh, not to mention the little minx shakes here anorexic ass in a quite cute way when she is crafting things. Too bad that damn casting bar thing gets in the way. =P
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2007, 11:42:41 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I happened to hear this punk-ass teen a few aisles over telling his mom how "his life was complete" now that the expansion was out, and that she needed to get the fuck over there before it sold out.  So I grabbed the copy and took it to the register.  It was for his own good. :P

You evil, evil man.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

One of my compatriots has a flying mount already:

GO OUTSIDE PEOPLE, FUCKJFDAL;FDAERAERFEKWANZAA

Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 10:43:55 PM »

I should be to 67 or so by now but I keep sabotaging my own questing and so am still about 20% to 66.  It's just not in my blood to carebear as hard as everyone is doing; I've earned a good 3k honor from world PvP outside of the PvP objective points.  I swear at one point I had the entire AF population in Terokkar on high alert.  I have never seen so many Hunters grinding on top of Flares/Freezing Traps in my life.

P.S. spacegoat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: