Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334842 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  The Burning Crusade thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The Burning Crusade thread  (Read 11056 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 11:42:26 PM »

So yeah, my computer can't handle Shattrah.  Not even close.  Having fucking near everyone above 60 in the place is wreaking havoc on my machine.

Boo hiss, I say.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 05:31:43 AM »

I don't have any visual proof yet, but on the European server Twisting Nether where I play there is already a level 65 Blood Elf Paladin, I'm alliance but if I manage to spot him again I'll screenie it...

some people are monster levelers...

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 06:04:04 AM »

Two nights ago I saw a level 59 Draenei fellow on Bonechewer.  I can't see how levelling that quickly would be fun.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
.  I can't see how levelling that quickly would be fun.

I can't see how it's possible, never mind fun. 6 Days, 65 levels. I presume you've all seen the 60-70 in 28 hours by the French dude.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
I don't have any visual proof yet, but on the European server Twisting Nether where I play there is already a level 65 Blood Elf Paladin, I'm alliance but if I manage to spot him again I'll screenie it...

some people are monster levelers...

Jesus, and I thought I was bad.  While I could have been a bit more efficient in terms of leveling to where I've gotten at level 48, on the other hand that wouldn't be all that fun.  And 65...good god.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »

Yeah on Norgannon there are at least 2 level 60ish Blood Elves....one paladin, one rogue.

So crazy....

Edit: Oh and Rich....they're not leveling for the fun...they've probably done it a million times and are account sharing. The point of hitting higher levels is so they can start running endgame content.

Naxx COULD be a little easier if you had a small army of Paladins with you.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »

It's been sighted that the person is now level 67 and even Horde players speculate that he/she has hired power levelers to level the toon whilst he/she is offline.

Although I doubt this as the person is currently guilded, it is more likely that the account is being shared by maybe two brothers or friends, I've no doubt the character will be level 70 by the end of the week.

Making it a 10 day level 1-70, surely something to be embarrased about, by Blizzard.

I imagine Lineage 2 players would be quite amused to hear you can cap in WoW in just under two weeks.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 08:21:01 AM »

This isn't something that's uncommon. We had all of our of our biggest raid guilds hit 70 within the first week of the expansion and already level 70 Dranei are popping up.

Honestly, the level grind is really quite easy, and its kind of understandible. Most of the content in BC is meant for players at 70 anyway.  We've got a handful of instances that can be done in Outlands by a solid team of 60-65, but after Mana Tombs, you best bring the level 70s or the tricked out 65-69.

Look at the level 70 content. In the first three zones alone we've got Shattered Halls, Steam Vaults, Setthek Halls, Shadow Labyrith which are meant for 70s alongside the 60-66 fluff. Let's not forget Caverns of Time and the slew of 10-25 man raid instances that are currently available and planned (The Black Temple anyone?).

Also lets remember that TBC is an expansion pack, and while it has more content than most MMORPGs have in their first year of active use, it is just another limb of the great hydra of WoW. I already have one of my characters at 70 (easily replacing Tier II with dugeon blues) and working on my second. I for one love the fact that you can level to 70 on quests alone and still not even touch the last zone before that final ding. God knows the extra money helps buying that epic flying mount.

WoW has always been about enjoying the content, not grinding - and the fact that TBC's leveling is totally transparent with the content makes me love it all the more.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
I already have one of my characters at 70 (easily replacing Tier II with dugeon blues) and working on my second.

On my server that are people who seem like they absolutely will not give up their epics.

Even at 70 I see people clinging onto their tier 2.  Bloodfang, Nemesis, you name it and people are still wearing it.

I don't know about Bloodfang but some of the Nemesis pieces were able to be replaced with your first couple of hours in Outlands.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2007, 10:08:48 AM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

On my server that are people who seem like they absolutely will not give up their epics.

Even at 70 I see people clinging onto their tier 2.  Bloodfang, Nemesis, you name it and people are still wearing it.

They spent so long getting them that they don't want to let go, I guess.  There's a warlock in my guild who made the HWL grind twice (!!!) who replaced next to nothing of his pvp gear by 70.  He claims he didn't find better, but I'm skeptical. :p  I'm the opposite - functionality is all that matters to me.  If it's an upgrade, whether it's green, blue, or epic, I'm all for using it, even if it makes me look like something that just walked out of the rejects of an assembly line.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
I already have one of my characters at 70 (easily replacing Tier II with dugeon blues) and working on my second.

I don't know about Bloodfang but some of the Nemesis pieces were able to be replaced with your first couple of hours in Outlands.

I only replaced my weapon and one trinket until I hit 70, and it really wasn't for lack of searching stuff out (I've happily replaced my AQ40 belt and epic PvP pants for green 70 quest rewards).  One of the biggest things is breaking set bonuses; one of my good friends who plays a Hunter has been grabbing a ton of gear, but won't wear any of it because he just needs more pieces before it's worth breaking his Warlord's set bonuses.  I'll be wearing my 3-piece PvP set for a long time, and probably never giving up the gloves.  The 15% speed bonus is absolutely incredible, and the blue 70 PvP gear isn't good enough to justify buying and wearing 4 pieces, plus the gloves don't have +stealth detection, which is pretty much the best equipment bonus ever for anyone serious about world PvP.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2007, 06:05:46 AM »

my Dranei female preist gets hit on more than my blood elf female warlock :/

a random player told me to quit BE warlock and be an orc one. fuck that i dont care about racials especially if it means looking like an ogre. these will be my first wow characters to get past level 10 :D
any beginer advice on talents for PvE? both chars are 15 but i havent spent any talent points yet. if it means anything my BE warlock duo's with an undead preist. oh and zomg the worldofwarcraft forums are full of emo's especially mages crying about warlocks

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2007, 08:44:22 AM »

For the warlock Demonology is a good choice if you duo. Affliction is also a pretty good choice.

I haven't played much Warlock so I am sure others will be able to help you out.

Priest is easy. If you are by yourself or duoing mostly, your best bet is to go Shadow/Discipline. Vampiric Embrace is the shit.

Also. The BE racials are awesome for any casters. Silence and get mana back? Yes please!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
my Dranei female preist gets hit on more than my blood elf female warlock :/

a random player told me to quit BE warlock and be an orc one. fuck that i dont care about racials especially if it means looking like an ogre. these will be my first wow characters to get past level 10 :D
any beginer advice on talents for PvE? both chars are 15 but i havent spent any talent points yet. if it means anything my BE warlock duo's with an undead preist. oh and zomg the worldofwarcraft forums are full of emo's especially mages crying about warlocks

i'd say affliction.  affliction is good for both pvp and pve.  it minimizes your downtime by being able to drain the health out of your enemies faster than usual and the chance of your draining being interrupted are small compared to other specs.

I recently respecced my warlock to affliction and I like it a lot.  Kiting people in battlegrounds and mobs is good fun too.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »

Be very sure to get Spirit Tap on your Priest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: