Author Topic: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age

Electricb7

• View Profile
Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age (whoomp there it is)
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
FF12 is out now and there is no new thread so I think its ok to bumb.

So whats the best jobs for each character?

Der Jermeister

• Mission Accomplished
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
I'm at the subterranean prison or wherever three hours in, and I have a party with Vaan as a Shikari, Balthier as a Machinist, and Fran as an archer, with Basch tagging along. I made Penelo a White Mage when I had her in my party. The turbo mode is definitely a godsend.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:51:58 PM by Der Jermeister »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2017, 02:24:05 PM »
Y'know, not that the game's plot has the sturdiest structure to begin with, but the whole thing really falls apart when you question why Vaan still has the Goddess' Magicite after his stint in the Nalbina Dungeon.

Der Jermeister

• Mission Accomplished
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:49 PM »
FF12 is basically Star Wars not in space, so I definitely understand criticisms of its plot.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
Y'know, not that the game's plot has the sturdiest structure to begin with, but the whole thing really falls apart when you question why Vaan still has the Goddess' Magicite after his stint in the Nalbina Dungeon.

When I played through the game back in 2006, I kept forgetting about all the Magicite/Nethicite that the party was carrying. You'd think the Fantasy Tactical Nukes would've been more useful to the player than just quest baubles with awful gameplay gimmicks. Then again, the Quest Swords are also complete garbage as well (with the second one being simply amazing due to showing up so late and only being exactly as weak as the first from half a game ago; which in of itself was horribly weak compared to what you could've found in random chests or as enemy drops by that point).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »
I'll ask here too:
Did they fix the delay of action in this version?
You know, the thing that made it impossible to heal after you queued it and why the fight against the wall was bullshit?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
I'll ask here too:
Did they fix the delay of action in this version?
You know, the thing that made it impossible to heal after you queued it and why the fight against the wall was bullshit?

Seconding this.

Seriously, Zodiark was an asshole to fight due to needing to drop a well timed & executed chain of Mist Knacks to bring that fight home, because otherwise he just spammed Pallings and this and chewed you the fuck up (and then you had to go rerun his bullshit dungeon again).

In fact, most of the enemies in Zodiark's dungeon/area and the post game Pharos/Crystal Valley areas abused the ever loving fuck out of this ("sorry, I know you want to heal, but first I've got to punch you in the face 50, 100, or however many times it takes to kill your ass dead")....

Something tells me they didn't, because I know that this 'feature' was carried over from FFX-2 and was Squeenix's answer to making JRPGs difficult during the aughts.

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Salt Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »
Spell queues? Yes, they're gone. That was a limitation of the original version not being able to handle multiple spell effects at one time. PS4 can handle it, so waiting for each spell to cast one by one is a thing of the past.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
Good. I would never even consider buying it if that was still a thing.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
Spell queues? Yes, they're gone. That was a limitation of the original version not being able to handle multiple spell effects at one time. PS4 can handle it, so waiting for each spell to cast one by one is a thing of the past.

Wow. I'm impressed. This basically renders ye olde PS2 version completely obsolete. Its not even worth playing for the old version of the License Board.

Now for my next question: Did they adjust the drop rates to less than 'Awful MMOs' levels?

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
Fixing the queue problem is almost enough to convert me.

I wonder if they changed the bizarre treasure chest mechanics.  Some treasure chests had a low chance of containing a rare item, and if you wanted it, you were reduced to save scumming.  The conditions for getting the Zodiac Spear were even worse; there were certain treasure chests, which, if you opened any of them, would lock you out from getting the Spear.  These chests were unmarked, and I have no idea how anyone could figure out what was going on without a guide.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
I was reading up on the spear. The treasure chest with the strange requirements is gone and there's no more need to skip any chests. Plus the chest that randomly has the spear has a 1/10 chance of being there with a 1/10 chance of having the spear, which is significantly better than in the original version.

No idea if there's still that annoying feature where having the rare item accessory equipped will actually lock you OUT of certain rare items.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »
I was reading up on the spear. The treasure chest with the strange requirements is gone and there's no more need to skip any chests. Plus the chest that randomly has the spear has a 1/10 chance of being there with a 1/10 chance of having the spear, which is significantly better than in the original version.

No idea if there's still that annoying feature where having the rare item accessory equipped will actually lock you OUT of certain rare items.

I'm also hoping they got rid of the assholish mechanic to only allow you to open these super rare chests once. "Why, yes. I would like to completely abandon a run on a long ass mega dungeon full of postgame enemies just because the RNG decided I wasn't worthy (or better still, that I was worthy and now I have to drop everything to go back to the nearest save point way back at the very start of the region (nevermind the dungeon) and save my luck), and that's, of course, assuming the bloody chest spawned in the first place."

I suppose I have to wonder if they gave the game's new superweapon an actual model with animations this time (versus the "Invisible Bow" from the "Invisible Chest" shenanigans that Zodiac International Job System had).

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »
Well, the game autosaves everytime you enter a new area, so I guess reloading to save scum this chest (i have no idea what you guys are talking about, I'm just going through Henne Mines right now) would be easy enough.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2017, 09:51:19 AM »
I'm waiting for the (very likely to come at some point) PC version in hope that either someone does a cheatengine table or trainer that fixes chest mechanics.