Author Topic: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 03:06:24 PM »
BTW, I want to like Sea of Thieves.

That's why I'm going to avoid the latest trailer of it. Because that asshole floating in the corner of the screen is going to ruin any positive feelings I could ever have towards that game.

Speaking of obnoxious gaping assholes, Scalebound is an Action-RPG? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Platinum's always been best at skill-based action games, often with a fast pace. I feel like an action-rpg from them would either be too fast-paced and hectic for me to enjoy as an RPG, or the RPG aspects would just ruin (or at least significantly hold back) what would otherwise make for a great Action game.

At least, what I saw would just give me all the issues I have with Dark Souls and Bloodbourne, where I can't even treat it like an RPG. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those games, but they wind up being more like the 3D Castlevanias that Konami wished they could make. However, that's also because of the slower pacing and the risk vs. reward factor that forces you to be more careful, and stay aware of your surroundings.

That is the antithesis of pretty much every game Platinum's put out since Bayonetta. Not entirely convinced they could pull it off any other way.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
Speaking of Tekken 7:

Yes.
Just...

YES

I missed you, Tekken.

Well, non-Tag Team Tekken. TT's still good, but a little too hectic sometimes because of all the switching, makes it harder to get into the flow of things.

But will it have Force Mode/Scenario Campaign?
Fuck all that, where the hell is my Kuma!!!

TASTY!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »
PC, Ubisoft's conferences and Edios' presser have come and gone. Mount and Blade 2: Khergits Harder looked like an improvement. South Park 2 got a few cheap chuckles out of me (who knew that Kyle was a Gundam?). Jeri Ryan still looks good 15 years later, Leivar Burton not so much. Trail of the Blood Dragon was the stupidest goddamn looking thing (though the dedication to replicating old 80s/90s kids action figure commercials was amazing). And Deus Ex: Fractured War looked sleek as usual.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:35:37 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 07:32:46 PM »
Ugh, both the FF XV and Scalebound stuff just really feel like they picked the wrong boss to showcase. The FF XV footage, don't know if it was a guy playing it live and messing up or all prerecorded, but it just looked awkward and kinda janky. Scalebound's boss fight didn't feel very dynamic and a lot of that fight was just him shooting arrows or hey, attack the boss here. It's Kamiya so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but they could've chosen better footage to show. Well, it's pc/xbox anyways so I probably won't get to play it.

On the bright side, Dead rising 4 looks really good and so does We Happy Few. The gwent game we'll see how they rebalance because spies kill the balance of that game.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 07:35:09 PM »
The FFXV demo solidified my opinion of the combat in that game from everything we've seen so far: All style but absolutely zero substance. And even then, the style can only go so far when the mechanics seem so limited.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »
Prediction!

On its release I expect FFXV to receive general critical praise (7-8+/10) and general fan disgust.

12 months later, everyone will hate it equally.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:47 PM »
Welp. Sony's come and gone. The orchestra was probably the highlight of the night, followed by the Resident Evil VII reveal. God of Tomb Raider looks like its still playing following the leader with other franchises. It'll be funny as hell if Horizon really is the Zelda game with a female protag that people have been clamoring for (that ball's in Nintendo's court now). Last Guardian finally has a launch date (probably what's gonna win them E3, not that there's been much competition). Lol at FFXV for both giving players a chance at playing somebody other than his royal boybland-ness and a VR gimmick at the same time. #SpidermanPS4 didn't do much for me but I'll give Insomnia the benefit of the doubt on this one since they seem to know their stuff. And if The Last Guardian getting a release date wasn't enough, Kojima strutting out and announcing that "He's back!" along with a trailer that ended with the entire audience literally plastered with the glazed over look of "WHAT???" pretty much locks it.

That said, Sony's was probably the shortest of the today's pressers and the VR segment was a drag (and they also managed to squeeze in a montage).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
Welp. Sony's come and gone. The orchestra was probably the highlight of the night, followed by the Resident Evil VII reveal. God of Tomb Raider looks like its still playing following the leader with other franchises. It'll be funny as hell if Horizon really is the Zelda game with a female protag that people have been clamoring for (that ball's in Nintendo's court now). Last Guardian finally has a launch date (probably what's gonna win them E3, not that there's been much competition). Lol at FFXV for both giving players a chance at playing somebody other than his royal boybland-ness and a VR gimmick at the same time. #SpidermanPS4 didn't do much for me but I'll give Insomnia the benefit of the doubt on this one since they seem to know their stuff. And if The Last Guardian getting a release date wasn't enough, Kojima strutting out and announcing that "He's back!" along with a trailer that ended with the entire audience literally plastered with the glazed over look of "WHAT???" pretty much locks it.

That said, Sony's was probably the shortest of the today's pressers and the VR segment was a drag (and they also managed to squeeze in a montage).
Coupled with the craptacular announcement of Crash Bandicoot in skylanders and remastering 1 2 and warped...this year definitely left me a tad depressed. Kojima coming onstage and speaking Engrish was pretty great though, although naked Norman Reedus definitely killed my "excitement" at that point

TASTY!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »
You guys can all throw the annual smartassery and jadedness and keep that tired mindset going, but what was shown at this E3 overall was solid. I'm satisfied and I'm out.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 11:10:03 PM »
Best thing by far that was shown today, speaking for myself, was the siege battles in Mount and Blade: Bannerlord.
Everything they've shown about that game makes me know I'll love it.

Prediction!

On its release I expect FFXV to receive general critical praise (7-8+/10) and general fan disgust.

12 months later, everyone will hate it equally.

I can see that happening.
Time is a harsh critique for some games.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »
You guys can all throw the annual smartassery and jadedness and keep that tired mindset going, but what was shown at this E3 overall was solid. I'm satisfied and I'm out.
How do you not get airsick with that throne you sit on so high above everyone?

TASTY!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 11:56:19 PM »

I stay with as much of an open perspective as possible and my mantra is not "everything is terrible all the time for ever and ever" when it comes to this sort of thing. That said, I bet that's not enough of an answer for you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:00:50 AM by Yggdrasil »

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2016, 01:14:09 AM »
I don't care that new slim Xbox looks real nice and I love the idea of customizable controllers.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2016, 01:27:20 AM »

I stay with as much of an open perspective as possible and my mantra is not "everything is terrible all the time for ever and ever" when it comes to this sort of thing. That said, I bet that's not enough of an answer for you.
Sorry, the answer we were looking for was "Rolaids".

@Yoda it does look mildly appealing, and the price point ain't too terrible...but with Scorpio happening now, I can't see a reason to donate money to a temporary buy like that. Rather save up for an xbone scorpio and be ready for the immediate news of the xbone 2 afterwards.

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »
I know itd be foolish but if my 360 died out i would get that.