Author Topic: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:51 AM »
@Starmongoose: S'ok, replacing "consider it" with "considerate" put me right back into a smiley mood, intentional or not.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »
edited on account of seeing Starmongoose's comments and resolving to fit "take the piss" into my regular vocabulary.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:27:22 AM by glassjawsh »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »
I'm with those who pretty much said "meh" to most of these announcements. I just can't find it in myself to care about 4K gaming this, and sequel that... It's mostly repetitive, substance-lacking shit. Now shown in a higher definition.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:03 AM »
I will say that Horizon: Zero Dawn is still scratching every itch for me. I love blending fantasy and sci-fi in a terrestrial setting, especially when the sci-fi element involves nondescript robots. And just fighting robots in video games in general has always been something I've enjoyed, especially when the damage and "death" animations are as well done as they are in Horizon. Add in a tightly scripted open world, and yeah... REALLY can't wait to play that game.

Recore very similarly strikes my interests, and that one looks like it's going to have a sort of Zelda format that replaces Link's toolkit with the main character's robot pals. Though not exactly worth the price of an XBox One.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »
@Starmongoose: S'ok, replacing "consider it" with "considerate" put me right back into a smiley mood, intentional or not.

Purely accidental. I think my brain decided "Eh, those two things sound the same, close enough!"

Nothing interesting to me personally so far at E3 but based on who has been, I wasn't expecting to. Nintendo and Square Enix should be soon, so I'm more interested in that.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »
Dang... those Spiderman gifs....  O___O

EDIT: Also, thanks for the link to the Star Trek Bridge Crew trailer!  I'll be checking that out later for sure, along with this Horizon thing people are talking about.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:42:14 AM by Arvis »
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
I will say that Horizon: Zero Dawn is still scratching every itch for me. I love blending fantasy and sci-fi in a terrestrial setting, especially when the sci-fi element involves nondescript robots. And just fighting robots in video games in general has always been something I've enjoyed, especially when the damage and "death" animations are as well done as they are in Horizon. Add in a tightly scripted open world, and yeah... REALLY can't wait to play that game.

Recore very similarly strikes my interests, and that one looks like it's going to have a sort of Zelda format that replaces Link's toolkit with the main character's robot pals. Though not exactly worth the price of an XBox One.

I'm more interested in ReCore personally, but that's probably because the of the faster pacing and brighter color pallette. Besides, Horizon looks a little too much like Far Cry: Primal - Robots Edition for my tastes. Not to say it'd be bad, and the story concept does facinate me greatly, but I'm just not not convinced that it could hold my attention for very long...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2016, 12:44:08 PM »
I always enjoy people completely overreacting to game announcements and early non hands on demos.
I remember seeing a clip from an early showing of Skyrim a few years ago. Some guy was showing of basic gameplay. Moved a bit, then took a random sword swing at nothing in particular and at that point the room went nuts. It was insane.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2016, 01:20:02 PM »
@Ygg: Tone down your condescension. You are able to express your disagreement in a manner that doesn't try to belittle the other person.

I did that for years and I am fairly respectful of others, but is of no use to put an appearance for the sake of it when is gonna be a completely lost effort with a few that I'm aware is gonna happen for being around here for a decent chunk of time.

Why the fuck do you even come around here anymore? All you are is toxic poison on here and I'm goddamn sick of the mods playing all coy with you just giving warnings and shit when time and time again you just constantly prove all you're good for is personally insulting forum members who don't share your incredibly naive and hypocritical world views.

So yes, please be so kind as to fuck off back to wherever scum like you comes from.

Note to mods: Apologies for that tirade. But I really am sick of his bullshit on what is otherwise one of the only truly serene havens on the 'net to talk about video games.

I could say the same at you if I wanted, but does that make it true? I don't think so.

It's starting to remind me of what Sega did with all the add-ons like the Sega CD, etc. except instead of buying them separately, we are going to have to buy a new console if we want them. :/

And seriously, weren't they saying the same things about 3-D gaming that they're now saying about 4K gaming?

With 3D it was all about buying a new TV, and these upgrades for consoles we have heard lately are (as they have said) influenced thanks to smartphones and PCs. But unless there is a convenience in the use to the upgrade or actual meaningful support for it, it can fall off like a ton of others things that have shown up for consoles and handhelds before.

I always enjoy people completely overreacting to game announcements and early non hands on demos.
I remember seeing a clip from an early showing of Skyrim a few years ago. Some guy was showing of basic gameplay. Moved a bit, then took a random sword swing at nothing in particular and at that point the room went nuts. It was insane.

I remember that.

I think that reaction was stronger and louder than when Nintendo showed up Twilight Princess. And that was super loud.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »

One of my favorite reactions thus far was for Scalebound.  Someone's reaction to it was "See Squenix, that's how you do big boss fights properly without spending 10 years"

And I'm like "Properly?  Neither game is out!"

And then I realize I'm just old and these people are mostly all young.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
@Yggrasil - Then it really has to be said: why do you still come here? Why not take a break, or find another community that you might enjoy more?

I'm not even saying this to get you out of here. I've been in similar situations at least 3 times before - communities that I spent too much time on, butting heads with certain regular users who never seem to want to listen to what I have to say; plus all the jerks who always seem to get in the way, and noobs that always ask the same damn questions and drudge up the same damn arguments...but I don't know if that applies here. I don't wanna put a bunch words in your mouth. I just know that it can get frustrating to keep running into problems with the same people all the time. It can make communicating feel hopeless, even when there are interesting things to talk about, and maybe some good people who'll listen.

Sometimes you just need space. I know I just came back from taking a year off from another forum - I had been there since June 2008, and I spent at least half that time arguing in circles with people who couldn't seem to listen to reason. But the time off really helped me clear my head, and gave me time to focus on what's important. I utilized my forum time in places I enjoyed more, and since I've been back, I can barely remember why I used to get so angry, despite most the same idiots still being there. =P

'Course, I seem to recall you mentioning that you've taken extended breaks before, and they didn't help. I know I haven't been here as long as the others, and I certainly won't pretend to know everything about you. But I keep getting the feeling there's something you gotta let go. I don't know what it is, and trying to guess aloud would only be impudent on my part. However, I do know from personal experience that the first step is getting some space.

The only new suggestion I can throw out there is...maybe once E3 has settled down, just take some time away from video game communities in general? I forgot to mention, that year off wasn't just for one forum. I also scaled back my internet usage in general. I think I even took 6 months off from this place, too. Sometimes it's just the constant pressure and drama that always seems to comes with social interaction that you gotta get away from, you know?

Breath of the Wild has to be the most appropriate subtitle for what I saw - that was definitely the breath of fresh air I was hoping the new Zelda would be, and it definitely looks wild!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:14:47 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
Putting aside Yggs usual forums drama bullshit (seriously guys, we have an Ignore function on these forums for a reason)...

Horizon's looking mighty cool there for awhile, but Breath of the Wild is actually looking like it'll do one better yet.

And ReCore is hilariously Megaman-ish. Down to the character's dashes/airdashes. Just replace weapon master weapons with robot buddies.

And seriously. Holy crap is Breath of the Wild feelin' like a breath of fresh air.

I still recall the nonsense that was White Knight Chronicles' E3 trailer as that was nothing but lies.

And then there's basically anything shown by Ubisoft where their game looks all cool and freeform and such, but then you stop and think about it and you realize that there's no way that what happened in that trailer could actually happen unless it was entirely scripted since gamers are usually either far more efficient or far more incompetent.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »
I still recall the nonsense that was White Knight Chronicles' E3 trailer as that was nothing but lies.

Still sort of angry about that, I'll be honest.  That's an ember of betrayal that has glowed for like 7 or 8 years now.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »
@Mickeymac92: Some rocks don't like being kicked, simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:20:40 PM by Yggdrasil »

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2016, 06:42:28 PM »
I liked that one game they showed where you slowly backpedal through a monotone sepia environment while shooting hitsponge zombies with a BB gun.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`